Do you think Bill Clinton signed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act as blackmail?

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
I mean Republicans had control of both houses. You know as a form of blackmail, not so much spelled out as such but inferred?

Final Congressional vote by chamber and party, November 4, 1999

upload_2016-10-3_11-34-10.png

Sen. Phil Gramm (R, Texas), Rep. Jim Leach (R, Iowa), and Rep. Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. (R, Virginia), the co-sponsors of the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act.

01/20/2001 - Updated 09:24 PM ET

clip_image004.png

Clinton reaches deal to avoid indictment

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Clinton admitted Friday for the first time that he made false statements in the Monica Lewinsky case and entered into a deal with prosecutors to avert an indictment. He surrendered his law license for five years.

In recent months, Clinton had defiantly and repeatedly suggested that he would fight any indictment by Ray.

''I don't believe that I should be charged,'' Clinton said in an interview with ''60 Minutes II'' in December. ''If that's what they want, I'll be happy to stand and fight.''

Last April, Clinton told a conference of newspaper editors that he would not ask his successor for a pardon. ''I don't think it would be necessary. I won't be surprised by anything that happens, but I'm not interested in being pardoned.''

In recent days, however, even Republicans who had long criticized Clinton had urged there be no such trial.

USATODAY.com - Clinton reaches deal to avoid indictment

Clintons Sec of Treasury, Rubin, pushed for this. He was one of its biggest supporters. Shortly after his tenure with the pervert, he joined CITI as a higher up. After the bailout, he left with 125M$ bonus.
JS

Forum List

Back