Do you take precautions using Craigslist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inquisitive, Feb 21, 2009.

?

Do you use safety precautions with Craigslist

1. YES

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Never bought, or sold, or gave away anything on Craigs list

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. inquisitive

inquisitive Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    IE, always meeting in a public place or bringing a friend along?

I know I haven't. I guess I just don't let the few horror stories scare me. The only time I was semi-nervous and thought about backing out was when I hired a guy to come fix something in my house. I had asked for references, but b/c I was in such a rush, I never waited on them and just told him to come on by. He looked legit, and I had my two beastly dogs out, so I felt ok by the time he arrived. There was also a time when I was going to bring a friend along when I was looking to buy something from a guy, but I ended up finding a better deal elsewhere. Anyway, reading stories like this, show me how lucky most craigs list users(including myself) are!

2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Okay ... only one thing to say ... duh. With all purchasing you have to be careful. People have just become too complacent, and that makes them easy targets for cons and other thieves. Craigs List just got a bad rap because of their size.

For example: There was a con artist calling around our area recently, targeting the elderly by claiming to be Social Security Adminstration and the needed to update their bank records *eye roll* they cleaned out a few hundred accounts before they got caught .... really, have we become that stupid?