Do you take any Anti-Anxiety Drugs?

I self medicate only. :wine: No pills except ibuprofin or Tylenol as needed.

i like my downs...i never cared much for speeds of any type....at one time i was pretty much on valium for about a year....xanax...caused me to wake up a state or two over.....dont care for it......

i gave up most stuff.....morphine is always gonna be my friend

Took the words right out of my mouth Willow.

Hops 10g and Barley 20g.

Alcohol is a DEPRESSANT. It does not help but rather hurts with depression. Now maybe it helps with anxiety though as it lessons ones personal morals and such.
How does alcohol lessen one's morals...that's the stupidest thing I ever heard. By your logic, the anti-depressants you take lessen your morals.

:cuckoo:

It is a proven fact alcohol lowers ones inhibitions makes them do things they normally would not. As in compromise morals. You are beyond fucking stupid.

The military is full of drug addicts.

I'm just sayin.

Not in the REAL military, Marines and Army have monthly drug tests, they are supposedly random but lets just say the guys likely doing drugs get popped randomly at least every other month when I was in.

I take anti-depressants. They have made a huge difference in my life for the better and I am thankful for that. I have been diagnosed with "major depression - recurrent." My childhood was nothing but a war zone and I had a terribly poor excuse of a mother. "Depression" never entered my mind - it was "normal" for me.

When I had a breakdown some years ago - it was major. My personality split (what used to be called "Multiple Personality Disorder" is now called "Dissociate Personality Disorder.") I would not wish that experience on anyone - believe me when I say these "multiple personality" persons on talk shows, etc. are a joke. That "break" was ultimately the best thing that ever happened to me.

I "knew" it when it happened - and God knows my cat knew something was up - her hair stood on end and she ran like hell away from me for a week or so. The idea is that you and your doctor try to "merge" the two. I had a terribly depressed "person" on the one side and a happy, hopeful, sunny "person" on the other. I wasn't about to "merge" anything. I told my doctor to forget about it and work on the new sunny person - I felt it was who I might have been if I had had different circumstances. So that's what we worked on.

I take Celexa, Welbutrin (generics) and Trazodone. They are non-addictive and they keep me from going into deep depression. I sometimes get a little "down" but not into major depression. Celexa is one drug you don't want to go without for many days - when you start taking it again you will get sick as a dog - heaving, puking, heaving beyond the "dry heaves" - not pretty.

I've always been a "non-drug" person - have never tried marijuana or any other illegal drug - but I am thankful as hell to have my anti-depressants.

Wow, thanks for sharing Granny!

I'm so glad you got the help you needed. Sometimes meds do help people, like in your situation.

But, I feel sometimes others use it as a crutch to avoid 'real life' issues, instead of dealing wtih them, they just take a 'happy pill' or such.

There are no "happy pills" that are anti depressants. Obviously some of the hard drugs might make you high and think you are happy but those aren't prescribed for depression.

Alcohol is a DEPRESSANT. It does not help but rather hurts with depression. Now maybe it helps with anxiety though as it lessons ones personal morals and such.
How does alcohol lessen one's morals...that's the stupidest thing I ever heard. By your logic, the anti-depressants you take lessen your morals.

It is a proven fact alcohol lowers ones inhibitions makes them do things they normally would not. As in compromise morals. You are beyond fucking stupid.
Your morals don't change.

my mother takes an anti depressant/anxiety drug and she says she takes them, because my father, (who really needs them), does not! :lol:

Yep the real question is do you take them or give them to your kids?

Insanity is heriditary, you get it from your children.

HUH? You are agreeing with Ravi and calling Ravi beyond f..... Stupid?

SSRIs are first line for anxiety. However, it takes SSRIs about two to four weeks to start having an effect, so a lot of times benzos are used to bridge people with anxiety disorders into their SSRIs.

Benzos (Valium, Ativan, Xanax) work on the same receptor in the brain as alcohol to cause the sedative effect. Of course alcohol works on other places of the brain to cause other effects that benzos don't. However, the receptor they bind sedates people and relaxes muscles. That is why benzos are used to treat convulsions, seizures, and alcohol withdrawal. Consequently, it's also why they are so dangerous to withdrawl from as people will seize to death.

Forum List

Back