Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters

Black_Label

Registered Democrat
Jun 20, 2012
A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

Last edited:
A spin off of the other thread where I have asked numerous times and not a single right winger has answered, is if you support the gun show loophole.

For those that may not know, under current federal law if you wish to purchases a firearm, you have to be run in a background check to make sure you are not a felon, been convicted of a violent crime, been in a mental institution, etc,..before they give the go ahead to sell that person a weapon. However under the "gun show loophole", there are not background checks at all.

That's right, absoutly nothing. A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

Selling a firearm to a felon is already illegal, even if you are NOT a federal firearms dealer.

and what is the difference between a craiglist ad and some guy arranging a street buy for you?

More restrictions on legal gunowners, and no effect on the illegal gun trade.

Would you care to reflect reality, I was at a gun show last weekend. Of the thousands of weapons there I might have been able to purcahse a dozen or so that were not being sold by dealers. The so called gun show loop hole only applies to private sales and are few and far between. Why do you folks try to mislead people, is your case really that weak? Never mind we both know the answer is yes.

Selling a firearm to a felon is already illegal, even if you are NOT a federal firearms dealer.

and what is the difference between a craiglist ad and some guy arranging a street buy for you?

More restrictions on legal gunowners, and no effect on the illegal gun trade.

That's how the loophole works. While the felon will be committing another felony by owning the gun, the seller is good to go as they do not have to ask any questions or ask the buyer to undergo a background check.

There is this radical left-wing nut job, Christopher Dorner who used to be a cop for the LAPD on the loose. This radical leftist has killed 3 people. In order to become a cop, he had to go through a far more extensive background check than what one has to go through in order to purchase a firearm. Alot of good that background check did for Dorner.

Would you care to reflect reality, I was at a gun show last weekend. Of the thousands of weapons there I might have been able to purcahse a dozen or so that were not being sold by dealers. The so called gun show loop hole only applies to private sales and are few and far between. Why do you folks try to mislead people, is your case really that weak? Never mind we both know the answer is yes.

I think that they really believe what the media is telling them.

I think that they really believe what the media is telling them.

No way! Not the lefties!

Black said:
A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcases ready to commit the next sandy hook could go down to their local gun show, or find a classified ad selling a firearm and they could purchase deadly weapons, with no questions asked.

A violent thug fresh out of the penitentiary, a terrorist, or a nutcase would not go to a gun show to buy a gun, they would get one off the streets.

/thread.

There is this radical left-wing nut job, Christopher Dorner who used to be a cop for the LAPD on the loose. This radical leftist has killed 3 people. In order to become a cop, he had to go through a far more extensive background check than what one has to go through in order to purchase a firearm. Alot of good that background check did for Dorner.

That's fantastic, and a neo-nazi skinhead committed a massacre at a Sikh temple in wisconsin.

It's a very simple question and topic, I don't think it's that hard for you right wingers to figure out :cuckoo:

What the fuck is the gun show loophole? Every licensed dealer is required to run a background check every time they sell a gun. That applies even at gun shows, which means the only loophole that exists is in your imagination.

Wow, talk about some skewed poll questions. Did a Democrat write those? I'm not clicking one of those idiotic choices.

Exactly! I would vote in more polls here if the presenters did not qualify each answer with some stupid extensions.

Example:

Do you support the death penalty?
  • yes, I think all criminals should be killed
  • no, I am a Christian

What the fuck is the gun show loophole? Every licensed dealer is required to run a background check every time they sell a gun. That applies even at gun shows, which means the only loophole that exists is in your imagination.

That's correct, licensed dealers are required to implement a background check. Jimmy-bob-bobby-jimmy that has a booth at the same show that is selling some of his arsenal doesn't have to ask any questions or require a background check to whom buys his firearms. Just the same as those that buy from a classified ad or other private sale.

Last edited:

That's correct, licensed dealers are required to implement a background check. Jimmy-bob-bobby-jimmy that has a booth at the same show that is selling some of his arsenal doesn't have to ask any questions or require a background check to whom buys his firearms. Just the same as those that buy from a classified ad or other private sale.

If Jimmy Bob wants to sell his guns outside the gun show there is no requirement for a background check either. That means him doing so at the gun show is not a loophole.

Game, set, match.

If Jimmy Bob wants to sell his guns outside the gun show there is no requirement for a background check either. That means him doing so at the gun show is not a loophole.

Game, set, match.

That's the point. If Jimmy-bobby wants to sell his guns at the show or on a classified ad, the laws are the same, no background check required.

Check mate.

Last edited:

You are correct. The same law applies to gun shows as applies everywhere else: dealers must run background checks and private sellers do not. Those people who can legally sell their gun to another party without doing a background check go to gun shows because they know potential buyers will be there. If private sales were no longer allowed at gun shows, sellers would simply advertise in the newspaper. Either way, a background check is not required.

At any rate, there is no such thing as the so-called "gun show loophole." If the issue is about background checks, perhaps those who favor stronger gun control should call it "private gun sellers loophole." I could live with that. At least it would make sense.

I support freedom, warts and all.

All tyranny gets us is these same people getting the same guns, cheaper, on the black market.

Not that I think any liberal is smart enough to understand this undeniable fact.

You are correct. The same law applies to gun shows as applies everywhere else: dealers must run background checks and private sellers do not. Those people who can legally sell their gun to another party without doing a background check go to gun shows because they know potential buyers will be there. If private sales were no longer allowed at gun shows, sellers would simply advertise in the newspaper. Either way, a background check is not required.

At any rate, there is no such thing as the so-called "gun show loophole." If the issue is about background checks, perhaps those who favor stronger gun control should call it "private gun sellers loophole." I could live with that. At least it would make sense.

Like stated in the first post, the "gun show loophole" refferes to the private sale of guns.

Gun shows were started as, and at their core are for the sale of firearms by private sellers, but many "legitimate" sellers AKA firearm stores set up booths at these shows as well.

It's a very simple question that this thread is asking is that should there be background checks for all people that want to own a firearm, or should we leave the laws how they are so crooks, felons, and those out to commit crimes are able to obtain firearms with no questions asked under this loophole.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back