• Polygyny

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I’m for promiscuity!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Against the polygamy

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
How is it good for women?

First, whether a woman wants to enter into such a relationship is for her to decide. It is rather presumptuous to insist upon making that decision for her for her own protection. You may feel it is a mistake, but as an adult it is her right to make her own mistakes. Second, and more importantly, a woman in an outlaw relationship has nowhere to go for relief. How does she divorce and get the benefits of divorce? How can she claim her children? How can she claim co-ownership of property? By making her an outlaw you strip her of her legal defenses. How is that good for women?

I am so IR responds

Why not rewrite the statement to include both sexes? Do you somehow feel men have no stake in the matter? Perhaps you feel men are responsible for a wonderful and lasting marriage? If equality is the issue then you must agree that "good" marriages are the results of said equality being shared and respected. Women only is no longer the one and only factor under the microscope.

How is it good for women?

First, whether a woman wants to enter into such a relationship is for her to decide. It is rather presumptuous to insist upon making that decision for her for her own protection. You may feel it is a mistake, but as an adult it is her right to make her own mistakes. Second, and more importantly, a woman in an outlaw relationship has nowhere to go for relief. How does she divorce and get the benefits of divorce? How can she claim her children? How can she claim co-ownership of property? By making her an outlaw you strip her of her legal defenses. How is that good for women?

I am so IR responds

Why not rewrite the statement to include both sexes? Do you somehow feel men have no stake in the matter? Perhaps you feel men are responsible for a wonderful and lasting marriage? If equality is the issue then you must agree that "good" marriages are the results of said equality being shared and respected. Women only is no longer the one and only factor under the microscope.

Because the question I was answering asked if it was good for women.

images

The argument for SSM was that they're mature companions and everyone should get out of their bedrooms and lifestyles.

Therefore all mature willing companions should be allowed to form marriage groups as they choose, so long as they are all mature willing participants, and the government along with anyone that doesn't like it should get out of their bedrooms and lifestyles.

Polygamy, group marriages, clan marriages, line marriages, kissin' cousins, etc, etc, etc,.. It's no one's business.

*****CHUCKLE*****

;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back