Do You Support Governmental Harrassment Of Poitical Opposition?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
This story is under the radar but it is becoming more and more common.
The harassment of political or religious groups by government agencies like the IRS and the Department of Justice.

Political Witch Hunt? IRS Targets the Tea Party - Politics - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Imagine if the IRS started pulling audits on the NAACP, Planned Parenthood, or known LGBT organizations. The NRA, the Tea Party, and others are under assault from the government yet you won't hear about it from the mainstream media.

This is an example of government corruption. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Our government thinks it can lie to us and we won't make them pay a price for it. Fact is it doesn't matter what your politics is if you get in the way of our government. They'll screw you over just as fast if you support same-sex marriage or not.

Last edited:
Hate to tell you liberals this, but abuse of power is an impeachable offense.

If Obama is using the IRS as his own personal Gestapo he's in big trouble jack.

I heard a disturbing story about a woman who was a tea party member and was visiting some monument. She took some photographs as she was on vacation and upon leaving she was arrested and her camera was confiscated.

They kept her for 3 days and subjected her to humiliating physical exams, including female exam, she was searched in her cavity areas also - she said she kept calm during the entire thing as they were doing psych exams on her too. They were looking for some reason to keep her. They finally released her and she has told her story since. I wish I could remember what state that happened in but it was obviously a case of serious harrassment.

One more* I have a friend in Orlando whose home was invaded by Swat like black clothing officers - demanding a title to an old broken down car he had in back property for years! He did finally find the title - it was a flimsy exuse - they used it as an excuse to search his entire home and property looking through his papers - he is the father of a Minister in Orlando and good friend of mine. When they saw the title they finally left but he said it was a very scary encounter. They showed up at about 2 a.m. in the morning. I find the abuse of power in this particular story disgusting. Definitely targeted a Christian in this case.

I don't know how far reaching it is, Mudwhistle, because personally I have never encountered it. But I do know of those two stories. If it ever happens to me you can be sure you'll hear about it from one end of the internet to the other! I'm not shy! lol....

Not really. His supporters think it is not only OK but necessary to defeat the forces of evil (i.e., conservatives).:evil:

Not really. His supporters think it is not only OK but necessary to defeat the forces of evil (i.e., conservatives).:evil:

So far they've tried to blame it on Bush.

Jay Carney is claiming the IRS is run by a Bush appointee. Carney: I.R.S. Run By Bush Political Appointee | The Weekly Standard

So far they've tried to blame it on Bush.

Jay Carney is claiming the IRS is run by a Bush appointee. Carney: I.R.S. Run By Bush Political Appointee | The Weekly Standard

It's tempting to feel sorry for Carney; he's just a tool...but a willing one.

Our government is a thugocracy in the best traditions of Chicago.

The IRS apologized for underhanded tactics before the election......but still continues unfair investigations.

IRS apologizes for targeting tea party groups

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service apologized Friday for what it acknowledged was "inappropriate" targeting of conservative political groups during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status.

IRS agents singled out dozens of organizations for additional reviews because they included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their exemption applications, said Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt groups. In some cases, groups were asked for lists of donors, which violates IRS policy in most cases, she said.

The agency — led at the time by a Bush administration appointee — blamed low-level employees, saying no high-level officials were aware. But that wasn't good enough for Republicans in Congress, who are conducting several investigations and asked for more.

"I call on the White House to conduct a transparent, government-wide review aimed at assuring the American people that these thuggish practices are not under way at the IRS or elsewhere in the administration against anyone, regardless of their political views," said Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

White House spokesman Jay Carney declared it was indeed inappropriate for the IRS to target tea party groups. But he brushed aside questions about whether the White House itself would investigate​

Nobody gives a flying-fuck about the fact that our worst fears have been realized it appears.

Obama has his Brown-shirters going around trying to stamp out any political opposition. This is abuse of power of the highest order.

Along with targeting tea-party groups, the IRS may also have given extra-special attention to the tax-exempt status of some Jewish groups for political reasons.

From the Jewish Press:

The passionately pro-Israel organization Z STREET filed a lawsuit against the IRS, claiming it had been told by an IRS agent that because the organization was “connected to Israel,” its application for tax-exempt status would receive additional scrutiny. This admission was made in response to a query about the lengthy reveiw of Z STREET’s tax exempt status application.

In addition, the IRS agent told a Z STREET representative that the applications of some of those Israel-related organizations have been assigned to “a special unit in the D.C. office to determine whether the organization’s activities contradict the Administration’s public policies.” . . .

And at least one purely religious Jewish organization, one not focused on Israel, was the recipient of bizarre and highly inappropriate questions about Israel. Those questions also came from the same non-profit division of the IRS at issue for inappropriately targeting politically conservative groups. The IRS required that Jewish organization to state “whether [it] supports the existence of the land of Israel,” and also demanded the organization “[d]escribe [its] religious belief system toward the land of Israel.”

More bureaucratic snafus?

IRS Inquisition Update | National Review Online

The types of groups the IRS has singled out for harassment has Obama's fingerprints all over it.

Amendment IV of the US Constitution

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.​

Last edited:

Forum List

Back