Do You Support Federal Funding For California's High-Speed Rail?

Do You Support Federal Tax Dollars Being Spent On California's High-Speed Rail?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You mean like they already do? By the millions? Every year?

Yes. They will continue to do that.

YOU know Zero of economy son. Just crawl back into yer hole.

Oh you silly drunk. I live in a tourist town. I speak from more experience than you, Captain Morgan. Go get back on your Cutty Sark and leave the discussion of tourism to those who know what the fuck they're talking about.

I live a State devoted to tourism son, and talk to people. YOU may cease your blather.
:eusa_hand:

Yes, dupes, we should just let our infrastructure fall apart for ANOTHER 30 years- AND let the Chinese and others run the alternative energy industries of the future. As long as the rich are OK!

Try paying the damn bills.

YOU know Zero of economy son. Just crawl back into yer hole.

Oh you silly drunk. I live in a tourist town. I speak from more experience than you, Captain Morgan. Go get back on your Cutty Sark and leave the discussion of tourism to those who know what the fuck they're talking about.

I live a State devoted to tourism son, and talk to people. YOU may cease your blather.

No thanks, drunkard. I'll keep right on exercising my right to tell you what a dumb lush you are.

No thanks, drunkard. I'll keep right on exercising my right to tell you what a dumb lush you are.

Translation: "I have no clue..."

Yes, dupes, we should just let our infrastructure fall apart for ANOTHER 30 years- AND let the Chinese and others run the alternative energy industries of the future. As long as the rich are OK!

Try paying the damn bills.
yeah...they convieniently forget that and just create more bills/IOU's...

If they didnt piss away the highway tax for other purposes.

The discussion would be moot.

The problem is the left side of the isle, where any cut is extreme, where a 5% increase in spending is a cut.

The problem with this statement is, this project does nothing for our current infrastructure and even less for alternative energy industries...

Translation: "I have no clue..."

Alcohol impairs vision and thinking, proven again by your posts.

Continue in your dillusional state...I'm done with you, Derp. Thanks for the laughs however.
icon14.gif

8 pages in and none of the 4 people who support this have yet said where the $68 BILLION is going to come from...

I totally support this project. It's the kind of thing we should be doing on a national level. We're looking at least 4000 new jobs being created. I thought Republicans loved jobs being created? No?

http://www.cahighspeedrail.ca.gov/assets/0/152/159/0150b8aa-a61b-4aeb-9c18-6223d8fe429f.pdf

Those will count as jobs lost when California declares bankruptcy.

You can see into the future?!

No, but I can do math.

Democratic Lawmakers just gave the green light to start building an estimated $68 Billion high-speed rail line in California. This, despite California being very deep in Debt. They have also requested partial Federal Funding for the project. Should Non-Californians be forced to give their Tax Dollars to this project? What do you think? How do you feel about that?

Do I support gas tax funds that are designated to improving the national infrastructure being diverted to build a vanity project that will only help a few people in a single state at the same time the president is telling us we need to repair the interstate highway system?

Can't say I do.

I totally support this project. It's the kind of thing we should be doing on a national level. We're looking at least 4000 new jobs being created. I thought Republicans loved jobs being created? No?

http://www.cahighspeedrail.ca.gov/assets/0/152/159/0150b8aa-a61b-4aeb-9c18-6223d8fe429f.pdf

You obviously do not live in California. In order to pay for this they are cutting money from education and social services. In other words, this project has already cost the state hundreds of jobs, and continuing to fund it will end up forcing the state and the various local agencies to lay off more people than the project will employ, which will result in a net negative employment impact. Additionally, the travel time has gone from an initial estimate of about 2 hours to upwards of 3.

Forum List

Back