do you support additional troops in afghanistan

do you support additional troops in afghanistan

• Total voters
I support pulling all our troops out of everywhere they have not been invited.

The military should not be used for nation building but rather a deterrent for those who would do us harm and as a tool for quick and severe retribution for those who have.

I would like to see an exit strategy first with clearly defined goals and timelines.

Not every situation has a potential happy ending. If we are sending more troops just to maintain the status quo, I would just as soon pull out

Afghanistan is a military morass. As I recall only the Mongols ever pacified the region, and they were masters of genocidal campaigns. Pulling our troops out will occur, the only question is how many more pointless deaths will occur (and how many billions of dollars will be spent, though next to the lives that's a bit insignificant) before that happens.

The US won't win, because we are not willing to commit genocide.

We are there, we went there for a reason, unless the mission has changed we need to complete it, If that requires more troops then send them. If the miossion is completed then let's ge the hell out of there.

We are there, we went there for a reason, unless the mission has changed we need to complete it, If that requires more troops then send them. If the miossion is completed then let's ge the hell out of there.

Are our troops aware of what that mission is and when they will know whether it has been accomplished?

We are there, we went there for a reason, unless the mission has changed we need to complete it, If that requires more troops then send them. If the mission is completed then let's ge the hell out of there.

Are our troops aware of what that mission is and when they will know whether it has been accomplished?

I wished I could answer that. When we went into Afghanistan the Mission was fairly clear; Capture or Kill UBL, and destroy any AL Queada or Taliban that gets in the way.

Today I'm not sure what the mission has become. Mr Obama needs to let the country know. But he can't make up his own mind.

Yes. This is what those who have actual experience in the military recommend to the decider who has zero experience.

Ah, how much military experience do you have?
Which brain cell told you that is relevant? The one on the left side of your cranial cavity, or that on the right?

I'll take that for a "None".
How much military experience did George W. Bush have? Dick Cheney? Scotter Libbty? Wolfowitz? Rice? Kristol? Limbaugh? Hannity?
[since you didn't ask, me: 1967 to 1969, USN, Projectal Man in a 5" 38 fixed mount on a Navy Destroyer on ASW Patrol in WestPac].

Last edited:
Ah, how much military experience do you have?
Which brain cell told you that is relevant? The one on the left side of your cranial cavity, or that on the right?

I'll take that for a "None".
How much military experience did George W. Bush have? Dick Cheney? Scotter Libbty? Wolfowitz? Rice? Kristol? Limbaugh? Hannity?
[since you didn't ask, me: 1967 to 1969, USN, Projectal Man in a 5" 38 fixed mount on a Navy Destroyer on ASW Patrol in WestPac].
And which one of those cells is now telling you that a tu quoque point is relevant?

(I didn't ask.)

No, I do not support sending more of our men and women to that sewer of a country. Let the natives clean up their own manure.

No, but I do support pulling all of our troops out of Afghanistan, and the rest of the world for that matter.

No, but I do support pulling all of our troops out of Afghanistan, and the rest of the world for that matter.

Easier said than done, Kevin. We've spent 60 years establishing "entangling allinaces" and formulating a foreign policy based on our dependence on oil.

Easier said than done getting the government to agree to do it, certainly. But if the President wanted to he could give the order to bring all the troops home right now.

If they'd send the 140,000 the general said initially would be needed to clean out that shit hole, I'd say all for it.

If they're just sending enough to get killed, fuck it. Pull them out.

New Topics

Forum List

Back