Do you still remember your favorite teacher?

I hear that! However? Get this. While I was bored out of my gourd in 4th grade, I memorized the alphabetical seating list of my class. I remember it to this day. Anderson, Botts, Brauch, Carlson, Conger, Dayton, Finny, Frampton, Grindy, Holmquist, Johnson, Johnson, King, Kittleson, Lee, Lerum, Morissetten, Nelson, Nichols, O'Dell, Oines, Peterson, Seifert, Skoglund, Smith, Strahl, Tahlee, Wagner, Wahl, Way and Young.

How bizarre is that. Also? I still remember that Botts was Greg, and his dad was in Nam. He sent his son home a jacket that he wore very proudly.

I remember that it was Mr. Brown, and I think he taught English Comp (cut me some slack, it's been going on 40 years.) I liked him because he actually looked at me, smiled at me, and gave me a nickname (Bobby McGee). He was a wonderful teacher.

My mom gave me my love of reading, but he gave me my love of the written word, and taught me that I could write.

Two teachers were my favorite and for the same reasons. They seemed to enjoy me and took me with a sense of humor. I loved them for that. They gave me my head, which was one of an entertainer.....:lol:

Mr. Parko, 5th grade...it was '79 and he had an afro perm and wore clogs. I thought he was hip and cool...plus, he adored me.:D

Mrs. Coochi in high school.

Yes, I swear to God that was her name. And she was hot.

I liked most of our school masters (yes, they were called masters in my day). I was lucky enough to have a kind form master (Mr. Brady) and an equally fair, but firm, house master (Mr. Peyton). We weren't permitted to call them by their names to their face, it was always 'sir', or 'miss' if it were a female member of staff. Punishment was always physically severe and expulsion was taboo.

One event I'll always remember was when our latin master, Mr. Walsh, was appointed our new headmaster. He was a large, powerfully built man which was odd given the sedentary nature of his chosen subject. He ruled by the cane but was universally regarded as a fair and just man who was loved by both pupils and our parents. He took to the platform in his his mortar board and gown and announced his promotion with tears of unrepentant joy streaming down his cheeks. This was a highly unusual display of emotion given the normally stern nature of the man and the circumstances. But the tension was skillfully cut by an older pupil shouting: "Hail Caesar! Hail Caesar!" Everyone soon joined in what rapidly became a cacophony of applause and approval. It was deafening. Mr. Walsh replied in kind by holding one hand against his chest and the other arm outstretched as if regaling the plebian mob. We were then lead-out of the assembly hall by our respective house masters while some of the senior staff attempted to help their overwhelmed superior overcome his emotions. But rest assured, the old coot soon returned to his normal self by caning some of us a few days later for some (no-doubt) typically minor indiscretion.

Last edited:
We had a student teacher from a nearby university for high school physics. Long hair, wire rim glasses, 70's hip. We eventually cajoled him into partying with us after school. Got way stoned. :D

Yes. I still remember her and the color of panties she always wore...

lol

i had the biggest crush on my 8th grade teacher. i dreamed that when she called me, it was because she secretly wanted me, but couldn't let anyone else know.

that dream never came true :(

Yes. I still remember her and the color of panties she always wore...

lol

i had the biggest crush on my 8th grade teacher. i dreamed that when she called me, it was because she secretly wanted me, but couldn't let anyone else know.

that dream never came true :(

:badgrin:

When I was 17 I had this hot teachers assistant that was 19 and she liked me :badgrin:

That was fun...

IMO that was irresponsible, putting 19-year-old staff with 17-year-old students... You're talking the same age group - they're peers...

My favorite teacher was Mr. Stout, my 10th & 11th grade science teacher. Because of his inspiration, I was able to earn a partial scholarship to an Oceanographic Institute to study marine biology. Straight A's and I loved his classes!

I also recall my all-time least favorite teacher, Mrs. Nelson. She dragged me bodily out of the classroom for being late. (I was pretty small and had a lower locker. I had to wait until the bigger kids cleared off before I could get my stuff.) When I recall what it must have looked like as I stretched spread-eagle across the doorframe with her trying to shove me through into the hall. Oh, that was after she dragged me and the desk I was clinging to through the entire class.

Word to my favorite teacher who taught my own children. He was a retired GunnySgt and he taught JROTC at my daughter's high school. I was certainly not the only parent or student who held this man in greatest respect. With over 250 students enrolled in JROTC, their program dwarfed the next largest JROTC program in our area. When I pulled my daughter out of high school (she was bored out of her mind) and began home-schooling, the only class she was still enrolled in was JROTC. She's a very successful full-time wife and mommy now. Her choice, not mine.

I remember my kindergarten teacher was cruel. This is back in 1985 - This woman was about 60's so she got her start in the 1940's probably. Anyways she used to grab us by our ears and bring us to the principals office manually if we got out of line.

In hindsight I kinda appreciate what she did - I got a dose of what it was like to be in school in the 40's. 50's or 60's..

I suppose now days if a teacher grabbed a kid by the ear she would be tased and charged with child abuse....

My senior English teacher used to bring moonshine in her thermos. She was about a kazillion years old, she'd actually taught one of my classmate's grandmother (I grew up in the South). We totally freaked her out one morning by turning a bunch of those little green lizards loose in the classroom. Natually, at least one ran up her leg. Class cancelled. In retrospect, I'm surprised that old gal wasn't "cancelled"!

My favorite teacher was my high school chemistry teacher. He was a mustang officer in the Marine Corps and he spent most of his career in Vietnam training the Montagnards to fight against some guy he called "Charles" or in Quantico teaching (IIRC) Marine Corps OCS. He was the shit, and don't you forget it.

Anywho, he insisted on excellence and commanded our respect. I sucked at chemistry, but I still took as much of it as I could just so I could keep getting him as a teacher.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back