Do You Still Believe Only The Rich Benefitted From The Bush Tax-cuts??

This is about the Bush tax cuts. Fed taxes. Not State and local.

Everyone who pays Fed taxes benifited from the Bush tax cuts. Not just the wealthy.

If Barry didn't like the tax cuts he shouldn't have agreed to the extention. You can blame the Reps all you want but He and the Dems agreed to the extention.

The tax cuts should expire for all and go back to the pre tax cut levels.

I'm sure the economy will rebound and take off like a rocket. YR

As long as Barack H. Obama is president this country's economy will never take off like a rocket. He's the wild card that makes it impossible for job producers to trust their futures to. He's a vindictive SOB with a tax policy designed to punish, not pay off the debt. And as long as there are more people that feel the same way than the other option this country is in for some really hard times.

Said job producers aren't worth a lick. Some of us, apparently more crafty people, do just fine.

More crafty?

You mean folks that won't hire another new employee till this vindictive prick leaves office in 2016?

As long as Barack H. Obama is president this country's economy will never take off like a rocket. He's the wild card that makes it impossible for job producers to trust their futures to. He's a vindictive SOB with a tax policy designed to punish, not pay off the debt. And as long as there are more people that feel the same way than the other option this country is in for some really hard times.

Said job producers aren't worth a lick. Some of us, apparently more crafty people, do just fine.

More crafty?

You mean folks that won't hire another new employee till this vindictive prick leaves office in 2016?

No, those are just retards. You dont hire based off of who's the President, that's pure idiocy. Obama cut small business taxes 18 times and after the recession, plenty of places around my area picked right back up.

More crafty?

No, those are just retards. You dont hire based off of who's the President, that's pure idiocy. Obama cut small business taxes 18 times and after the recession, plenty of places around my area picked right back up.

Oh, really? What taxes were those specifically?

Do you own a small business?

More crafty?

I work for a family owned small business, and I work for a major corporation, and neither are doing poorly.

There are more benefits and grants for small businesses out there than ever before.

It's those in the media, and then exascerbated by message boards and such, that preach "doom and gloom" that make the gullible of the business owners tentative.

It's not a bad business environment right now, but it's being trumpeted as one.

Obamacare is not an unknown, but it's being trumpeted as one.

If you're someone that's going to be effected by it, and cant read or hire someone to read and understand the fucking bill when my wife reads a fuggin Novel as fast as she does? You're a herb.

Real entrepreneurs adapt, and excel. Pussies whine.

Did Obama really cut 18 small business taxes?

Press Secretary Jim Carney said Obama "has passed small-business tax cuts and signed into law small-business tax cuts 17, or 18, or 19 times."

But whatever number they're touting, it's bogus.

In fact, if you look at Obama's list, you quickly realize that all but four have either expired or will soon expire, aren't cuts at all, or are double-counted. And the rest are pretty much worthless.

For example, Obama still counts tax cuts that have already expired. The tax credit for hiring unemployed workers, enacted as part of the so-called HIRE act in 2010, is gone. So too is the break for estimated tax payments and the expanded deduction of health care expenses for the self-employed.

Meanwhile, several tax cuts are scheduled to expire this year, such as bonus depreciation, expanded expensing rules, a five-year carry-back rule for business credits, and capital gains exclusions.

And he counts the mere extension of a bonus depreciation rule as a tax cut, and counts the two subsequent extensions as two more cuts. He double counts other breaks as well.

The rest of the tax cuts Obama includes on his list are either of negligible benefit or are too complicated to be worth it.

Obama Peddles Phony Small Business Tax Cut Claim - Investors.com

I work for a family owned small business, and I work for a major corporation, and neither are doing poorly.

There are more benefits and grants for small businesses out there than ever before.

It's those in the media, and then exascerbated by message boards and such, that preach "doom and gloom" that make the gullible of the business owners tentative.

It's not a bad business environment right now, but it's being trumpeted as one.

Obamacare is not an unknown, but it's being trumpeted as one.

If you're someone that's going to be effected by it, and cant read or hire someone to read and understand the fucking bill when my wife reads a fuggin Novel as fast as she does? You're a herb.

Real entrepreneurs adapt, and excel. Pussies whine.

Fuck you.

If you believe he actually cut 18 taxes then you're one of the dumb-asses that fell for it.

There are always options out there and that is one of the points I made early on. The point is Obama does nothing to improve the situation. As a matter of fact he's doing everything he can to hinder job growth, so congrats on your business. I hope you do well.

Press Secretary Jim Carney said Obama "has passed small-business tax cuts and signed into law small-business tax cuts 17, or 18, or 19 times."

In fact, if you look at Obama's list, you quickly realize that all but four have either expired or will soon expire, aren't cuts at all, or are double-counted. And the rest are pretty much worthless.

For example, Obama still counts tax cuts that have already expired. The tax credit for hiring unemployed workers, enacted as part of the so-called HIRE act in 2010, is gone. So too is the break for estimated tax payments and the expanded deduction of health care expenses for the self-employed.

Meanwhile, several tax cuts are scheduled to expire this year, such as bonus depreciation, expanded expensing rules, a five-year carry-back rule for business credits, and capital gains exclusions.

And he counts the mere extension of a bonus depreciation rule as a tax cut, and counts the two subsequent extensions as two more cuts. He double counts other breaks as well.

The rest of the tax cuts Obama includes on his list are either of negligible benefit or are too complicated to be worth it.

^ the writer is an idiot.

Obama enacted cuts, with an expiration date.

But - the cuts, were cuts from Bush-era rates.

When the cuts expire, the rates go back to Bush era rates.

And here you are, touting how horrendous Obama is for small business, when all he's done is help alleviate the toughness during the recession with the cuts.

You should probably turn off the t.v. and go outside and start hustlin.' It's a corporate world out there, and people are caking.

And we dont even need to get into what Corporate profit$ have done under Obama, too, do we?

Yea, he's so bad for business. Except, he's not.

What's been bad for business, is the Republican arm of the media telling all of their Business owners that he's bad for business. That's what's bad for business.

And here you are, touting how horrendous Obama is for small business, when all he's done is help alleviate the toughness during the recession with the cuts.

You should probably turn off the t.v. and go outside and start hustlin.' It's a corporate world out there, and people are caking.

The cuts you speak of have expiration dates. Many of them end Jan 1st. And the Bush era rates are about to go back to Clinton era rates. So that makes you a fucken idiot.

The cuts you speak of have expiration dates. Many of them end Jan 1st. And the Bush era rates are about to go back to Clinton era rates. So that makes you a fucken idiot.

It's "fucking," not fucken, and the Bush era rates going back to Clinton rates is not across the board, not in any Obama proposal.

Yes, they have expiration dates - because they were designed to alleviate hardship during a recession. That's called "smart."

Jesus christmas.

And we dont even need to get into what Corporate profit$ have done under Obama, too, do we?

What's been bad for business, is the Republican arm of the media telling all of their Business owners that he's bad for business. That's what's bad for business.

So you're admitting that Obama is helping the rich more than the poor?

Thanks for that little nugget of wisdom.

Fact is very little of the bad shit has gone into effect yet. But starting next year I'm sure you and everyone else will start to feel it.......just keep the TV off because I'm sure that MSNBC will be telling us it's not really happening. It's all in the minds of Republicans.

It's "fucking," not fucken, and the Bush era rates going back to Clinton rates is not across the board, not in any Obama proposal.

Yes, they have expiration dates - because they were designed to alleviate hardship during a recession. That's called "smart."

Jesus christmas.

Of course not across the board.

But that is some small consolation. But those waivers are running out.

And I'll spell it any way I choose. I guess you've never heard of slang before.

Last edited:

Fact is very little of the bad shit has gone into effect yet. But starting next year I'm sure you and everyone else will start to feel it.......just keep the TV off because I'm sure that MSNBC will be telling us it's not really happening. It's all in the minds of Republicans.

Well, it is all in your mind so - yea.

I don't do the media spin, I live life and judge by experience. I'm not going to judge my experience based off of a news story. That's what Republicans do. They lost the election to people living in the real world.

Jesus christmas.

Of course not across the board.

But that is some small consolation.

And I'll spell it any way I choose. I guess you've never heard of slang before.

slang is a poetic license used and accepted often, but typically one does watch their spelling in a post calling someone else an idiot. That was the point, poindexter.

I don't do the media spin, I live life and judge by experience. I'm not going to judge my experience based off of a news story. That's what Republicans do. They lost the election to people living in the real world.

If you're living in the real world you wouldn't want 4 more years of the SOS.

I can tell you don't really have the experience you claim.

:lol::lol::lol:

Tell me what's changed so drastically for me, personally, wise Genie.

My taxes went down, my raise freeze lifted, my 401k rebounded like a mawww fakka (slang, foo') - I bought a house, I had a daughter. Life's good, Obama isn't "ruinging meeee!!!" like apparently he's doing to you.

Know what, bro?

PM me your paypal.

I'll throw ya a few bucks if you're doing so bad under the Pres.

Tell me what's changed so drastically for me, personally, wise Genie.

My taxes went down, my raise freeze lifted, my 401k rebounded like a mawww fakka (slang, foo') - I bought a house, I had a daughter. Life's good, Obama isn't "ruinging meeee!!!" like apparently he's doing to you.

Obama has no effect on you having a daughter. At least not yet.

The most glaring change is we never got below $3.10 a gal gas during his 4 years. This effects everything.

The trick to Keynesian economics is to never allow drastic changes because that can alarm the voters, so you shouldn't be able to put your finger exactly on the changes. However when you compare your bills from a couple of years ago you'll notice everything has gotten more expensive yet your income doesn't go up to match it.

th

For years Democrats lied about the effects of the Bush tax-cuts.

I guess their supporters aren't about to make them pay a price for that bold-faced lie.

Will any of you admit now that they were lying or are you going to ignore it?

CBO data - Federal individual income tax revenue trends from 2000-2009 (dollars and % GDP)

There was and is considerable controversy over who benefited from the tax cuts and whether or not they have been effective in spurring sufficient growth. Supporters of the proposal and proponents of lower taxes claimed that the tax cuts increased the pace of economic recovery and job creation. Further, proponents of the cuts asserted that lowering taxes on all citizens, including the rich, would benefit all and would actually increase receipts from the wealthiest Americans as their tax rates would decline without resort to tax shelters. The Wall Street Journal editorial page states that taxes paid by millionaire households more than doubled from $136 billion in 2003 to $274 billion in 2006 because of the JGTRRA.[2]

The Heritage Foundation concludes that the Bush tax cuts led to the rich shouldering more of the income tax burden and the poor shouldering less;[3] while the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) has concluded that the tax cuts have conferred the "largest benefits, by far on the highest income households." However that same publication indicates that more than 75% of tax savings (and cost to the treasury) went to households in the bottom 99% of income.[4] The underlying policy has been criticized by Democratic Party congressional opponents for giving tax cuts to the rich with capital gains tax breaks while acknowledging some benefit extended to middle and lower income brackets as well.[5]

Links

Bush tax cuts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Center on Budget and Policy Priorities - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the heritage foundation is a rightwing "think tank". what makes you think they're being honest?

and an opinion piece in the wall street journal isn't evidence... nor is wikipedia on a subject like this.

that said, how much do you think the average person saved based on shrub's tax cuts?

the answer is that it was about $200 bucks a family.

that's enough for a nice meal out.

what do you think the average 1 percenter saved? and what do you think the relative impact on the economy was... particularly when he then chose to run two wars on china's dime?

and why should middle and working class and poor families suffer because of that stupidity?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back