Do you steal...

You are a very naughty boy.

Are you not afraid they are just trying to have your baby so they can stay legally in the US?

Do you steal hotel towels, glasses or other stuff out of your room? I don't but my wife seems to always arrive at home with one of their towels. I think the practice is pretty tacky but my wife says to lighten up a bit. What say you?

I'm with you Count. I won't take anything that belongs to another or someone else paid for.

Nope i don't steal stuff from hotels. I think its creepy using hotel towels to begin with. And besides if i took a towel from every hotel I stay in my house would burst! I do take the sundries, soap, shampoo and the like, save them up and donate them to a women's shelter here in the city. :)

I put them in my bathroom for when I have guests. Then they get their own and don't have to use the soap my kids use or stress over shampoo (you know how you never know if you should use your host's shampoo or not...) Since most of my guests are family, they never bring their own.

I don't steal towels or anything else. I had an ex husband who would STOCK UP and it drove me nuts.

i will take the shampoos...conditioners...lotions...that are there for the using....i wont strip the room of tp or kleenex however...nor do i take the coffees etc.

<---will steal the paper from another rooms door in a heartbeat if for some reason they dont give me one too

I generally make friends with the maids early on and hit them up while they've got their carts.

I don't take the kleenex. I used to take the coffee because I didn't drink coffee, and I'd keep it for guests. But now I just buy coffee and leave the hotel coffee in the room. It's usually crappy anyway.

Do you steal hotel towels, glasses or other stuff out of your room? I don't but my wife seems to always arrive at home with one of their towels. I think the practice is pretty tacky but my wife says to lighten up a bit. What say you?

We'll take the expendables. Soap, coffee packs, shampoo, etc., but not the re-usables.

I figure I really DID pay for those, I just didn't get a chance to use them yet.

Absolutely. We own a condo that is rented like a motel and the management compnay charges US $12 a day for that stuff. Hell - I could buy shampoo and soap for a month for that. It's yours. Take it.

The managers told us the biggest item stolen in hangers. I never woulda thunk.

Nope i don't steal stuff from hotels. I think its creepy using hotel towels to begin with. And besides if i took a towel from every hotel I stay in my house would burst! I do take the sundries, soap, shampoo and the like, save them up and donate them to a women's shelter here in the city. :)

Good on you! :clap2: :)

I save the little soaps for my autistic son. He tends to use an entire bar when you leave him alone in the bathtub. A big bar gives me 20-30 minutes of free time but it's a waste, a little bar gives me 5-10 minutes but I don't consider that a waste. Then I get to come in and shower him off. You should see all the soap he puts on his head. (His head is shaved, that's the way he likes it.)

We'll take the expendables. Soap, coffee packs, shampoo, etc., but not the re-usables.

I figure I really DID pay for those, I just didn't get a chance to use them yet.

Absolutely. We own a condo that is rented like a motel and the management compnay charges US $12 a day for that stuff. Hell - I could buy shampoo and soap for a month for that. It's yours. Take it.

The managers told us the biggest item stolen in hangers. I never woulda thunk.

Well those wooden hangers are worth a lot of money. I wouldn't steal them though. There was a hotel in Seattle that they were remodeling, actually trying restore the hotel to it's original condition with the original fixtures and everything. They asked what was the most unusual thing that had been stolen, wait for it....a bathtub....how do you steal a bathtub out of hotel?????:

Good news, after that show, that bathtub came back, in fact almost all of the hotel's original furnishings that had been stolen over the years came back.

Anyone ever tip the room maids? I will if I'm staying more than one night.

I tip them every time we stay. the only time I didn't tip them was when we stayed at the Venetian in Las Vegas. The first day I accidentally left the hair dryer out. They didn't put it away. They didn't vacuum the carpet, they didn't do either of those things the whole time we were there. I didn't think they deserved a tip. Most of the time I just tip automatically, I have a friend (American) who is a maid. I always think of her and she doesn't make much money.

It has been fun watching the evolution of hotel sundries. Not so long ago it was just generic stuff in bottles and thin soaps wrapped in nondescript paper and that was it.

The hotel sundry business has become quite a marketing tool of "luxury" products. Depending on where I am staying I get Gilchrist & Soames, Crabtree and Evelyn and Bliss Spa in a full range products. Facial and bath soaps, shampoo and conditioner, hand and body lotion. You also get mouthwash, shaving cream, razors, lip balm and a scrunge. Hotels have even moved to luxury water and are leaving Fuji water in the rooms.

I am actually wondering if in the current climate if the hotels are going to scale this type of thing back.

Anyone ever tip the room maids? I will if I'm staying more than one night.

20 buck the first time i see them, and 5 bucks for each time they have to show up with a request.

Last edited:
It has been fun watching the evolution of hotel sundries. Not so long ago it was just generic stuff in bottles and thin soaps wrapped in nondescript paper and that was it.

The hotel sundry business has become quite a marketing tool of "luxury" products. Depending on where I am staying I get Gilchrist & Soames, Crabtree and Evelyn and Bliss Spa in a full range products. Facial and bath soaps, shampoo and conditioner, hand and body lotion. You also get mouthwash, shaving cream, razors, lip balm and a scrunge. Hotels have even moved to luxury water and are leaving Fuji water in the rooms.

I am actually wondering if in the current climate if the hotels are going to scale this type of thing back.

We stayed at the Hyatt Resort and they had bottles of water in the room too--but they wanted $5.00 each for them! On top of the $300 room rate that seemed a bit much--needless to say we didn't drink the water!

I never steal anything. Those towels are like sandpaper anyhow. :razz:

I take my own pillows (yes I am one of those), and once I accidentally took theirs and left mine, but set it straight next time I went there. LOL

Forum List

Back