Do you steal...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Do you steal hotel towels, glasses or other stuff out of your room? I don't but my wife seems to always arrive at home with one of their towels. I think the practice is pretty tacky but my wife says to lighten up a bit. What say you?

Do you steal hotel towels, glasses or other stuff out of your room? I don't but my wife seems to always arrive at home with one of their towels. I think the practice is pretty tacky but my wife says to lighten up a bit. What say you?

We'll take the expendables. Soap, coffee packs, shampoo, etc., but not the re-usables.

I figure I really DID pay for those, I just didn't get a chance to use them yet.

We'll take the expendables. Soap, coffee packs, shampoo, etc., but not the re-usables.

I figure I really DID pay for those, I just didn't get a chance to use them yet.

Taking the expendables is pretty much expected... You get a gold star.

Cartman_Retarded.jpg

YAY!!!

No. I don't think the hotel towels are that great--I have much better at home. I don't need to take theirs--unless I wanted to use them to wash the car!::razz:

I actually purchase expendables and donate them to the hotel. I don't know what they do with them...I hope they don't throw them away.

I take their little soaps....notepads with their name on it and pens with their name on it. The towels I consider stealing, the others I consider advertisement.

Nope i don't steal stuff from hotels. I think its creepy using hotel towels to begin with. And besides if i took a towel from every hotel I stay in my house would burst! I do take the sundries, soap, shampoo and the like, save them up and donate them to a women's shelter here in the city. :)

Last edited:

I agree. I mean they have extra TV's, chairs and bed frames. I always take that stuff. :doubt:

I agree. I mean they have extra TV's, chairs and bed frames. I always take that stuff. :doubt:

Huh? Try again.

Huh? Try again.

The last time I took the windows, doors and air conditioner. Screw them, I paid for the room, i am taking the room. :)

By taking the towels you are really doing the hotel a favor. They are forced to buy new ones making the hotel offer a nicer towel for future guests.:lol:

We stayed at a Ritz Carlton on our honeymoon and packed away a couple of china coffee cups from the room. I told them at the desk to put them on the bill as we wanted them for momentos. They were charmed by the notion and gave them to us. :D

i will take the shampoos...conditioners...lotions...that are there for the using....i wont strip the room of tp or kleenex however...nor do i take the coffees etc.

<---will steal the paper from another rooms door in a heartbeat if for some reason they dont give me one too

By taking the towels you are really doing the hotel a favor. They are forced to buy new ones making the hotel offer a nicer towel for future guests.:lol:

I agree, it is known as "the circle of quality".

I lived in a Hotel in Napoli for about ten months while I was at a JTF for NATO.

Never stole a thing.

Though the desk clerks were concerned about whether I understood or not that the mini bar was not free!

They actually got me a larger one, no joke!

Forum List

Back