Do you steal from hotel rooms?

Do you steal things from hotel rooms? If so, what?

• No. I never steal from hotel rooms.

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Yes. I steal the towels.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. I steal the pillows.

• Yes. I steal the coffee supplies.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Yes. I seal the ash trays.

• Yes. I steal other things not listed in this poll.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not stealing to take the shampoo. The shampoo is yours to use or take. I always clear out all the complimentary items...the coffee, the shampoos, the little lotions, soaps, (french milled...mmmm), wrapped plastic glasses etc, and make sure they're cleared out before the housekeeping staff come in to clean the rooms, so I get a new supply.

I keep them in my suitcase for when I stay at less complimentary motels. I use some in my bathroom for guests if they want them.

I don't take the sugar packets or the decaf coffee. I certainly don't take towels or pillows. Though recently I came back from a trip and when I unloaded my bags I found the tv remote control in the very bottom. Whoops!

I didn't even know you could find hotel rooms with ashtrays in them anymore.

When you stay in a hotel, do you steal the towels? Maybe the Bible placed there by the Gidions? The pillows? Anything else? Inquiring minds want to know.

Hope.. The stuff I take with me is better than the stuff they offer as complimentary.. They have things like "Conditioning Shampoo/Body Wash".. WTF? Those are three different products, and they have them rolled in to one. :eek:

No!
Thieves are dirt bags. I hate thieves.
Besides, it only forces hotels to raise prices when theft hurts their bottom lines.
And yes, hotels will charge your credit card. Pretty stupid stealing a towel that's worth ten bucks and then being charged 50 for it. But then, thieves are idiots anyway.

It isn't stealing to steal the things provided for you to consume.

It's stealing to take things that belong to the motel, that they use.

I take the notepads and the pens too. That's what they're for.

When you stay in a hotel, do you steal the towels? Maybe the Bible placed there by the Gidions? The pillows? Anything else? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't steal. Besides it being morally wrong, it ends up raising the rates you have to pay in the future. So, overall, stealing is stupid.

No!
Besides, it only forces hotels to raise prices when theft hurts their bottom lines.
And yes, hotels will charge your credit card. Pretty stupid stealing a towel that's worth ten bucks and then being charged 50 for it. But then, thieves are idiots anyway.

No, they're there for you to use if you need to scribble something down while you're on the phone.

Just because something isn't nailed down, it doesn't mean you should take as much of it as you possibly can..

Speaking of Hotels.........have ya all seen the hidden camera expose on the hotel room maids? :eek:

Here is one on hotel glasses:

YouTube - Hotel Drinking Glasses

Hepatitis Mary.

I wash out glasses before I use them. But if I have a choice, I use the wrapped plastic ones.

I also take all the bedspreads and blankets off the beds and ask housekeeping to take them and bring me fresh ones from the laundry.

I'm nice to the maids, though. Don't piss off the ppl who are coming into your rooms to "clean". And always leave all dirty towels on the floor, preferrably wet. I use them, and they go on the floor. In one pile, with something wet on top. You can't re-use those puppies.

I will help out by making sure all the trash is in the trash cans, and my stuff is out of the way so they don't have to do anything extra. I talk to the housekeeping staff in the morning when I see them, directly, and thank them profusely. If they're helpful and considerate, I leave money in the room when I leave for them. It probably goes to the crack whore working that morning who had nothing to do with anything, but it makes me feel better. I don't make it enough for them to worry about it being theft or anything like that, or I'll leave it with the front desk if it's more than a few bucks.

If I'm staying for a prolonged period, I still want my sheets changed everyday, but I actually will strip the bed myself and leave everything in a pile so it's easy for them to scoop them up. I don't leave gross things lying around.

I got my first legal job (not babysitting, guppy raising or dog trimming) when I was 14. I was a motel maid, and on weekends, I was a paid companion for the owners' daughter. They couldn't stand to be around her...she'd been swimming with her sister in the pool when her sister drowned and I honestly think they believed she did it. I honestly think they might have been right. We used to swim together in the motel pool all the time. I made sure I was always close to the side....

No!

No, they're there for you to use if you need to scribble something down while you're on the phone.

Just because something isn't nailed down, it doesn't mean you should take as much of it as you possibly can..

Sure it does.

I don't take the cups and glasses. The notepads, stationary and pens are advertisements.

I don't take the stationary, though. I use it if I write letters to anyone while I'm there, but other than that, like I'm going to use motel letterhead from home when I write a letter....

I don't steal. Besides it being morally wrong, it ends up raising the rates you have to pay in the future. So, overall, stealing is stupid.

It really is stupid, look what happens when you steal something then consume it :lol::lol::rofl::rofl:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnZb5wi_jsU]YouTube - Police Officer steals Marijuana.[/ame]

I also take breakfast stuff and stash it in my room so if I get the munchies at night I've got something.

Though usually, if you're on good terms with the staff, they'll let you get something, anyway, if you're willing to come down to the office for it.

I also take breakfast stuff and stash it in my room so if I get the munchies at night I've got something.

Though usually, if you're on good terms with the staff, they'll let you get something, anyway, if you're willing to come down to the office for it.

Why don't you just buy your own snacks?

What's with all the disgusting gluttony? I can't imagine you *need* all this stuff..(carry a pen in your purse) And hiding food? They have vending machines in the hallway you can purchase food from, and most hotels are close to some type of store...

If I want something at night, it's not a candy bar. It's either fruit or cereal. Doesn't exactly qualify as gluttony when you're there for a week.

Last edited:
And honey, taking food to my motel room isn't hiding food. That's why they have refrigerators.

As I said.. Nothing but greed, and gluttony. (Isn't that frowned upon?)

It's a good thing I'll never be cleaning hotels, because someone like you would get on my last nerve, to the point wherein I'd take your little pile of sheets, and put them right back on your bed, after I dried the floor with them, and likely sprinkle white pepper in your towels 15 minutes before I quit.

You're rude, you're greedy, no matter how you like to twist it, you're a thief (those items are meant for use in the hotel - not for you to scoop up and cart off each day), and you're just an overall abysmal person.

Yuck.

As I said, bitch who can't handle women outside her own narrow little clique.

Forum List

Back