Do You Speed?

Do You Speed?

• Total voters
Excessive speed is a factor in one-third of all fatal crashes-second only to alcohol as a contributing factor in fatal crashes-56% of drivers in speed related fatal crashes were under the influence of alcohol!

www.drive55.org/html/safety2.html

archangel said:
Excessive speed is a factor in one-third of all fatal crashes-second only to alcohol as a contributing factor in fatal crashes-56% of drivers in speed related fatal crashes were under the influence of alcohol!

It's not the excessive speed; it's the deficiency of driver ability. We've been over this and over this and over this. Speed, like guns, does not kill. Idiots do.

How come you haven't voted, Arch? Do you speed?

fuzzykitten99 said:
I laugh at the young kids who have those ricers and zip around me like they are in some race...I want to tell them something like, "go ahead, go faster than me. The cops will just see you first."

It's free radar detection! Usually more accurate, too.

archangel said:

LMAO!

Wanna know OTHER factors?

"The drivers were in a car."

"The drivers lost control."

"The drivers were human."

Let's ban all human drivers who cannot control their car. :)

The ClayTaurus said:
It's not the excessive speed; it's the defiency of driver ability. We've been over this and over this and over this. Speed, like guns, does not kill. Idiots do.

How come you haven't voted, Arch? Do you speed?

see: www.saferoads.org/issues/fs-speed.htm

and the answer is no...except on the quarter mile track from time to time!

archangel said:
see: www.saferoads.org/issues/fs-speed.htm

and the answer is no...except on the quarter mile track from time to time!

I'd say everyone who votes 'no' is being less-than-Honest. Nobody can not exceed the speed limit with any amount of consistancy.

Speed Kills?

Oh REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLY...

FEAR:
"Speed Kills!"
FACT:
A National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) publication reports "no significant relationship between average speed and the fatality rate." And, "states with high average speeds do not have higher fatality rates than states with low average speeds."

FEAR:
"Fatalities are up."
FACT:
The fatality rate has been dropping steadily for decades, and is at an all time low. Absolute fatality numbers are deceptive, since they ignore the increasing number of cars on the road. Each motorist is safer than ever. (US DOT)

FEAR:
"Everyone will drive 10 mph over the limit."
FACT:
According to a 7-year, 1992 Federal Highway Administration (FHwA) study in which speed limits were varied at 100 locations nationwide and the resulting traffic flow analyzed, "raising posted speed limits by as much as 15 mph had little effect on motorists’ speeds," and "contrary to public perception…the data actually indicate that accident rates were reduced at sites where speed limits were raised."

Actual speeds rose only 1-2 mph on those interstates raising the limit to 65 mph in 1987, and the fastest 1% of drivers slowed down. (FHwA)

FEAR:
"High speed highways are unsafe."
FACT:
Only 4% of serious or fatal accidents occur on rural interstates nationwide. These are the safest highways in the nation. (US DOT)

[For example:] Oregon fastest interstates have a fatality rate about half that of all other roads. (ODOT)
The Oregon Traffic Safety Commission's list of eight "very dangerous" highway stretches includes no interstates or divided highways. (The Oregonian)

FEAR:
"Raising the limit to 65 mph raised fatalities."
FACT:
Comparing the years before and after the increase in the Federal limit to 65 mph in 1987, the fatality rate dropped by 3.5% lower on all roads in the 40 states that raised freeway limits than in the 10 that didn't. Some of the benefits came from drivers switching to faster, safer interstates from dangerous country roads. Thus, analysts who ignored the non-interstates and who used total fatalities instead of rates reached the opposite conclusion. Since limits were raised from 55 to 65, the national fatality rate has declined by 34%. (US DOT)

FEAR:
"Lowering the limit in 1973 saved lives."
FACT:
1974 enjoyed a substantial drop, but in the decades since, the fatality rate has dropped by another 50%, even as actual motorists' speeds have increased.

FEAR:
"1/3 of fatal accidents are 'speed related'"
FACT:
True, but NHTSA's definition of "speed related" includes 1) improper lane changes, 2) following to closely, 3) unsafe passing, 4) inattention, 5) reckless driving, 6) high speed chase, 7) erratic speeds, 8) driving too fast for conditions (not necessarily above the limit), and 9) driving less than posted minimums.
Only 5% of fatalities are due to excess speed, irrespective of speed limits. (USDOT)
Because 72% of Oregonians "speed" on the highway, you would expect 72% of highway accidents to involve speeders; the actual numbers are much lower.

More: http://www.ibiblio.org/rdu/p-sl.html

archangel said:
link posted to support speeders argument...ten can be found against!

see: www.smartmotorist.com/spe/spe.htm

...and 10 can be found insisting 911 was a vast right-wing conspiracy. What's your point? I'm still right - despite the bs so widely accept as truth - SIMPLY Because people repeat it often enough...other lies you may believe:

"Homosexuals are forced into their behaviour by there genes"
"Santa brings toys to the good boys and girls"
"Miata is a chick car" (Yeah, that last one is borderline...)

:)

Holy Crap - I don't know why, but I actually CLICKED on that link posted by Arch.

I can't get past the first line w/o throwing up a little bit:

Excessive Speed Is A Factor In One Third Of All Fatal Crashes - Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety

Is a FACTOR means NOTHING people. Geesh.. Ya know? They should have written:

Excessive Crashing Is A Factor In One Third Of All Fatal Crashes - Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety

Or

Driving Is A Factor In One Third Of All Fatal Car Crashes - Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety

or Probably the SINGLE most accurate statement:

Poor driving decisions Is A Factor In 99% Of All Fatal Crashes - Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety

dmp said:
Holy Crap - I don't know why, but I actually CLICKED on that link posted by Arch.

Or

Momentum is a factor in 100% of all accidents.

dmp said:

Or

your boat-gently down the stream-merrily-merrily-merrily life is but a dream"

will be checking the Seattle obituaries from time to time...not a matter of if-but when...speedo! ***shrug***

archangel said:

will be checking the Seattle obituaries from time to time...not a matter of if-but when...speedo! ***shrug***

:wtf: :wtf:
is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

And incase you read Chinese:

is.php

archangel said:

I'll take that action. How much do you want to bet?

Forum List

Back