Do You Speed?

Do You Speed?

• Total voters
dmp said:
We have here a couple extremes. We have at least one guy saying "1 mph over the speed limit is dangerous! There are speed limits for a REASON people!"

We have another saying "Speed Limits aren't valid and are used ONLY for increasing a localities Revenue."

I'm pretty much in the middle. Speed limits should be enforced as 'suggested speed limits' AND localities should fine more heavily for people who can't maintain lane discipline, and who over-all suck as drivers (See: People who flip their SUV because they get a blow-out.)

I hope I'm not one of the extremes. Because I'm in the middle too. I don't speed "everywhere". I only do it when it appears to be safe, and going the speed limit seems rediculous. As previously stated, going slower than all the traffic around you can be even more dangerous than speeding.

I don't want a speeding ticket either, so I bought a detector to help ward this problem off. And there's no law against that.

Try not to, though sometimes do without realizing. I dont have my license yet so if I ever do go over the limit I have both parents telling me about it. :)

You have to speed to keep up with the traffic. I drive 65 most of the time, and traffic goes around me like I'm chugging along at 45 mph. I did notice that when gas was in the $3/gal. area, hardly anyone was passing anyone, even on the interstates.

Let me see if I can PC this the right way.....

[brainwashed monotone]
I speed because I lack confidence as a man, therefore I buy fast cars to compensate for my lack so I can match what I perceive as what a real man does. Which is drive fast.... Very fast.... Putting others in danger for my own lack of confidence....
[/brainwashed monotone]

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
no1tovote4 said:

[brainwashed monotone]
I speed because I lack confidence as a man, therefore I buy fast cars to compensate for my lack so I can match what I perceive as what a real man does. Which is drive fast.... Very fast.... Putting others in danger for my own lack of confidence....
[/brainwashed monotone]

You've got a fast car? :) What is it?

no1tovote4 said:

[brainwashed monotone]
[/brainwashed monotone]

Alrighty and the female excuse? We want to be underconfident males? :eek:

I tried to upload a picture to the image hosting site but it says it is in the wrong format. I tried it as a jpeg, a gif, a bmp. None would work...

:dunno:

no1tovote4 said:
Cleveland. 4v.

Oooh you're deffinitely compensating for some character flaw you perpetual adolescent you... :laugh:

The 351 Cleveland was probably the best hotrod engine Ford ever made, other than the 428 Cobra Jet.

Pale Rider said:
Oooh you're deffinitely compensating for some character flaw you perpetual adolescent you... :laugh:

The 351 Cleveland was probably the best hotrod engine Ford ever made, other than the 428 Cobra Jet.

I'd say the current SC'd 4v 5.4L is the best hotrod engine Ford has produced. Ever. :)

Engine Type: DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, supercharged V-8
Engine Displacement (L): 5.4
Bore/Stroke (mm): 90.2x105.8
Displacement (cu in/cc): 330/5409
Compression Ratio (in/mm): 8.4:1
Horsepower @ RPM: 550@6,500
Torque @ RPM (lb ft): 500@3,750
Horsepower Specific Output (hp/liter): 101.9
Torque Specific Output (lb ft/liter): 92.6

Pale Rider said:

Yeah, I compensate for my lack of machinery by buying some well-tuned machinery...

That and guns, I must have much to compensate for.

The Beast is a beautiful car, she roars!

dmp said:
We have here a couple extremes. We have at least one guy saying "1 mph over the speed limit is dangerous! There are speed limits for a REASON people!"

We have another saying "Speed Limits aren't valid and are used ONLY for increasing a localities Revenue."

I'm pretty much in the middle. Speed limits should be enforced as 'suggested speed limits' AND localities should fine more heavily for people who can't maintain lane discipline, and who over-all suck as drivers (See: People who flip their SUV because they get a blow-out.)

I agree with you. I feel comfortable and seem to get the best mpg when my car is doing about 70, in a 65. Anything faster seems like too much. 65 is the average posting on the major freeways here, but the only people who do that or less are people towing stuff (even then I have seen some scary scenarios of people towing stuff faster than they should) and old people. Cops here won't waste their time with cars going only 5-7 mph over, esp with more than 5 cars on the road, doing the same speed.

Though I do stay within 2-3 mph on slower sidestreets because those are typically where the cops will nail you here. Plus I know all the highway patrol fundraiser spots here. They have lessened hanging out under the bridges, and started sitting on the entrance ramps...so if you are really going too fast, by the time you see them, they are already in your mirror. Tricky bastards.

I laugh at the young kids who have those ricers and zip around me like they are in some race...I want to tell them something like, "go ahead, go faster than me. The cops will just see you first."

Ya, I speed. But, fortunatally I drive a mini van and never get pulled over (knocking on wood). Usually a cop car will pass me going the other way and flash his lights to say "SLOW IT DOWN"

My husbands pet peeve are the people out driving 5 miles under the speed limit except when he tries to pass them and then they speed up to try to keep him from passing. WHY oh WHY do people do that??????????

Forum List

Back