Do You Speed?

Do You Speed?

• Total voters

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
The conversation in my other thread has lead me to start this poll. I'd like to know, "do you speed?"

Now there's no gray area about this question. IF YOU GO OVER THE POSTED LIMIT YOU SPEED. So the only answers needed for this poll is either yes or no.

how timely....was driving to work this morning.....got stuck behinde one of those self appointed speed police they were doing 55 in a 65 .... thought of you..... later i found myself doing 75 in a 55... :cheers2:

Well... Mr. P and arch both have an idea "why" we all speed.

I'll let them tell you...

Mr. P said:
Yer digging deeper an deeper, Pale. Show me were “I” said I know “why” you or anyone else speed. :slap:

You've been "digging" at me, and it would seem you can back peddle just about as fast as you can forward. Here's where you were "insinuating" why you think I speed. And if you didn't mean it, then why did you say it?

Mr. P said:
Facts are facts....

Yer provin what this person wrote to be true...
Buying a radar detector. You said this was your first ticket in four years.
How much was that radar detector vs ticket costs? Humm , sounds Macho to me Pale. I'll speed damit let em try an catch me. Sorry..

I said yes, but I live near Atlanta, which is sort of an exception. In Atlanta, you go 80 or get hit. Before moving here, I almost never sped, and then, it was mostly by accident.

Yes. I like to get from Point A to Point B.

Safely.

Without pissing everyone else off.

Some people should try it sometime.

If you can't drive it, don't freakin buy it, and certainly don't get behind its wheel.

Bonnie said:
Usually over the limit on major roads, but back roads Im pretty carefull.

That's because, sometimes when a posted limit on a back road is 65, it doesn't feel "safe" to go that fast...Thus, we go into "careful" mode.. I know I do out here... If you're aware of your surroundings, you know what you can handle. It's all instinct... :)

Shattered said:
That's because, sometimes when a posted limit on a back road is 65, it doesn't feel "safe" to go that fast...Thus, we go into "careful" mode.. I know I do out here... If you're aware of your surroundings, you know what you can handle. It's all instinct... :)

I honestly feel uncomfortable driving slow, It's like I just get overwhelmed with the feeling of needing to break away from the herd...

Bonnie said:
I honestly feel uncomfortable driving slow, It's like I just get overwhelmed with the feeling of needing to break away from the herd...

That's cause the herd moves too damn slow, and their unnecessary panic is likely to get someone killed... :thup:

Pale Rider said:
You've been "digging" at me, and it would seem you can back peddle just about as fast as you can forward. Here's where you were "insinuating" why you think I speed. And if you didn't mean it, then why did you say it?
Speed on bud, yer hopeless..It WAS your thread AND your post. You had a problem with it...it was male bashing, right?..I say, BS, it was all true..Deal with IT! :tng:

We have here a couple extremes. We have at least one guy saying "1 mph over the speed limit is dangerous! There are speed limits for a REASON people!"

We have another saying "Speed Limits aren't valid and are used ONLY for increasing a localities Revenue."

I'm pretty much in the middle. Speed limits should be enforced as 'suggested speed limits' AND localities should fine more heavily for people who can't maintain lane discipline, and who over-all suck as drivers (See: People who flip their SUV because they get a blow-out.)

dmp said:
We have here a couple extremes. We have at least one guy saying "1 mph over the speed limit is dangerous! There are speed limits for a REASON people!"

We have another saying "Speed Limits aren't valid and are used ONLY for increasing a localities Revenue."

I'm pretty much in the middle. Speed limits should be enforced as 'suggested speed limits' AND localities should fine more heavily for people who can't maintain lane discipline, and who over-all suck as drivers (See: People who flip their SUV because they get a blow-out.)

<i>You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dmp again.</i>

*sigh*

Mr. P said:
Speed on bud, yer hopeless..It WAS your thread AND your post. You had a problem with it...it was male bashing, right?..I say, BS, it was all true..Deal with IT! :tng:

It seems most everyone speeds P. You going to admonish them too? Or do you just take pleasure in taking pot shots at me?

Back off man. Find someone else to dog with your "opinions" that are less than conversation, unless you can handle it being shot back at you.

DEAL WITH THAT pal.

Forum List

Back