Do you speak Christianese?

I live by the WORD not other people's words. The Bible speaks for itself and each person must let it speak to them and each person interprets it differently. If ye seek ye shall find. There are many false prophets spouting lies, and misrepresentations in this world today but the Bible does not change. In the end you must measure what they say against what the Bible says. If you trust in the Lord and have taken him as your Savior then he will guide you through these turbulent waters.

not really.

whose bible?

which word?

that isn't my bible.

Then you are lost in the wilderness. When you say you are on the other side of paradise you may very well end up there. I pray that you find your Shepherd and that he may lead you out of darkness and into the light.

I live by the WORD not other people's words. The Bible speaks for itself and each person must let it speak to them and each person interprets it differently. If ye seek ye shall find. There are many false prophets spouting lies, and misrepresentations in this world today but the Bible does not change. In the end you must measure what they say against what the Bible says. If you trust in the Lord and have taken him as your Savior then he will guide you through these turbulent waters.

not really.

whose bible?

which word?

that isn't my bible.

Then you are lost in the wilderness. When you say you are on the other side of paradise you may very well end up there. I pray that you find your Shepherd and that he may lead you out of darkness and into the light.
Let me guess. KJV, right? You people are all the same. Robots.:lol::lol:

not really.

whose bible?

which word?

that isn't my bible.

i don't follow false prophets.

I ran across this interesting article a couple of days ago and just wanted to share it with you and see what you think. Do, try to read the entire article. It is most interesting.

By John Blake, CNN

(CNN) - Can you speak Christian?

Have you told anyone “I’m born again?” Have you “walked the aisle” to “pray the prayer?”

Did you ever “name and claim” something and, after getting it, announce, “I’m highly blessed and favored?”

Many Americans are bilingual. They speak a secular language of sports talk, celebrity gossip and current events. But mention religion and some become armchair preachers who pepper their conversations with popular Christian words and trendy theological phrases.

If this is you, some Christian pastors and scholars have some bad news: You may not know what you’re talking about. They say that many contemporary Christians have become pious parrots. They constantly repeat Christian phrases that they don’t understand or distort.

Do you speak Christian? – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Ignorance abounds.

Plenty of Christians don't ever utter those words. The article describes colloquialisms from a small subset of those who are of Christian faith.

All of His Word goes together. His Word is of utmost importance....

If not for His Word, how would we learn what He says us? His Word is there for a purpose. Faith comes by hearing the word of God. (Romans 10:17) One of Jesus's Names is the Word of God. (Revelation 19:13) We are born again by the Word of God/Jesus (1 Peter 1:23)
and He IS the Word of God. (John 1:1) The Word of God is also our Sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17). All of these verses are below.

We are encouraged to arm and protect ourselves with His Word and test what others teach because there are false prophets out there.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Revelation 19:13
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and HIS NAME is called The Word of God.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God:

---------------------------------------------

An article for those who say that the Bible is not the Word of God:

The Bible isn't the word of God. It contains the word of God | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry <--link

One of the objections raised by critics of biblical inspiration is that the Bible is not the word of God but that it contains the word of God. Is this accurate? No. First of all, this doesn't fit what the Bible says about itself. The collection of 66 books that the Christian Church recognized as being inspired speaks as the very words of God in many places.

1."Thus says the Lord" occurs over 400 times in the Old Testament.
2."God said" occurs 42 times in the Old Testament and four times in the New Testament.
3."God spoke" occurs 9 times in the Old Testament and 3 times in the New Testament.
4."The Spirit of the Lord spoke" through people in 2 Sam. 23:2; 1 Kings 22:24; 2 Chron. 20:14.
Of course, the errantists (those who say the Bible in its original documents had errors)

Jesus called the Law, the Prophets, and the Psalms (all of the Old Testament) Scripture and he says that the Scriptures cannot be broken, cannot fail.

We might say those are instances of verses that "contain" God's word, but that it doesn't mean the Bible is God's word. The problem with that response appears when we look at what Jesus said.

Luke 24:44-45, "Now He said to them, 'These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.' 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures. "

Last edited:

Forum List

Back