Do You Smoke?

As a "reformed" smoker, 2nd hand smoke never bothered me, which is unusual because most former smokers HATE it....

As a non-smoker, I saw it as a "cost of doing business" when hanging out in the bar. I have gotten used to the lack of a smoke smell, but now that vaping is available, I don't see the reason to ban it in bars.

They came up with a better cigarette, and instead of lauding the invention, the no-fun police see it as an end run around their efforts to stamp out vice they don't like.

If so, what brand.

If not, what brand would you choose?

I'm a reformed smoker, and, if I went back it would be what I used to smoke....

Makes me sad looking at them... the good old days!

Smoke B&H 100s myself. Smoked a pipe in college though so when I quit ciggies a few years ago I went back to the pipe.

$70/week for a carton of cigs vs.

$30/month for pound of pipe tobacco.

If you actually enjoy the smoking activity vs just getting your nicotine fix, I highly recommend a 20 or 30 min pipefull vs 2 or 3 min ciggy. Tell your tobacconist you're quitting cigs so need something with some nicotine in it. Expect cig-related dreams first few months but they'll taper off. :)

I don't even miss smoking anymore. The first year was hard. The 2nd year, I would get impulses now and again, but resisted.

I don't even get tempted anymore. It's like I never smoked.

Isn't that the most beautiful pack of cigarettes ever though? :)

Marlboro lights.
The only way I could stop smoking would be if I stopped drinking.
Once I get a few drinks in me the smokes are gonna come out.

As a "reformed" smoker, 2nd hand smoke never bothered me, which is unusual because most former smokers HATE it....
Same here. I will stop to talk to someone outside smoking at restaurants. Just want to breath in some second hand smoke. Miss it soooo much. Going on three years.

It's funny, I don't think I'd ever go back.... even if I way told I had a week to live.
I missed them SO much for the first 2-3 years, now, never even an urge.
I do think people that smoke, since it is legal, have a right to do so SOMEWHERE. There should be options for all smokers (e.g. restaurants etc.) Here in VA you can have a smoking room, but it has to be closed off from others.

No, but I am SMOKIN'!

Smoking is a disgusting habit. Damn, Binzi, B&H? Do you live in a fucking mobile home too?

If so, what brand.

I'm reformed, too, but if smoking tobacco suddenly proved not to cause health problems I would instantly go back to my all-time fave, a long lean mean machine. :thup:

capri-menthol-light-120.jpg

If so, what brand.

I'm reformed, too, but if smoking tobacco suddenly proved not to cause health problems I would instantly go back to my all-time fave, a long lean mean machine. :thup:

It adds a risk factor, but it no more causes them than the hundreds of other singular risk factors. No one's ever fallen over dead because they smoked a cigarette. And many that smoked all their lives died from other things.

If so, what brand.

It adds a risk factor, but it no more causes them than the hundreds of other singular risk factors. No one's ever fallen over dead because they smoked a cigarette. And many that smoked all their lives died from other things.
It is a MAJOR RISK FACTOR, asshole!!!! Smoking has been proven to be one of the WORST things you can do to yourself. There is a correlative, and many times true causation, between smoking and heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes.

Congratulations, Delta, you are doing a bang up job of proving yourself to be the world's BIGGEST DUMBASS!

Is this a fucking joke or what?!? Surely this guy cannot be for real.

If so, what brand.

It is a MAJOR RISK FACTOR, asshole!!!! Smoking has been proven to be one of the WORST things you can do to yourself. There is a correlative, and many times true causation, between smoking and heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes.

Congratulations, Delta, you are doing a bang up job of proving yourself to be the world's BIGGEST DUMBASS!

No it isn't. The only major risk factor is lots of little risk factors added together. Do you have any idea how many carcinogens are in every day products? Because of that it's impossible to determine which ultimately causes cancer. Coulda been the flame retardant furniture, clothes, or aresols in every home and not the tobacco. It's impossible to determine but smoking's the obvious one not pleasant to be around if not smoking yourself so the one who gets an unfair amount of the blame.

If smoking really caused all the problems that get blamed on it, every smoker should be getting those problems. Yet according to the CDC itself, only about 40% of smokers develop lung cancer. Yet we always hear "smoking causes lung cancer" well if that's true why do less than half of smokers get lung cancer? For something to be described as causing something else, at the very least a majority should develop it.

You're listening to the result of lobbyists and people who wanna control every little facet of your life. Whether you develop a cancer, heart disease, emphasema, or whatever else is the result of your genes much more so than lifestyle factors like smoking.

If so, what brand.

No it isn't. The only major risk factor is lots of little risk factors added together. Do you have any idea how many carcinogens are in every day products? Because of that it's impossible to determine which ultimately causes cancer. Coulda been the flame retardant furniture, clothes, or aresols in every home and not the tobacco. It's impossible to determine but smoking's the obvious one not pleasant to be around if not smoking yourself so the one who gets an unfair amount of the blame.

If smoking really caused all the problems that get blamed on it, every smoker should be getting those problems. Yet according to the CDC itself, only about 40% of smokers develop lung cancer. Yet we always hear "smoking causes lung cancer" well if that's true why do less than half of smokers get lung cancer? For something to be described as causing something else, at the very least a majority should develop it.

You're listening to the result of lobbyists and people who wanna control every little facet of your life. Whether you develop a cancer, heart disease, emphasema, or whatever else is the result of your genes much more so than lifestyle factors like smoking.
Listen to yourself, asshole. "Only about 40% of people who smoke" develop cancer. Dipshit, that is right at HALF. Hell, it probably is half given the margin of error in these studies.

Dude, you are NOT a fucking doctor, nor are you even smart. Developing cancer is NOT left to chance. There is a certain element of chance since we do not yet fully understand genetic causation, but you can definitely increase the chance of developing cancer through lifestyle activities, which is what you apparently disagree with. Don't believe me? Go ask a doctor, shithead!

If so, what brand.

Listen to yourself, asshole. "Only about 40% of people who smoke" develop cancer. Dipshit, that is right at HALF. Hell, it probably is half given the margin of error in these studies.

Dude, you are NOT a fucking doctor, nor are you even smart. Developing cancer is NOT left to chance. There is a certain element of chance since we do not yet fully understand genetic causation, but you can definitely increase the chance of developing cancer through lifestyle activities, which is what you apparently disagree with. Don't believe me? Go ask a doctor, shithead!

You obvious immaturity makes you no one to take seriously or listen to. Have fun shouting at the rain.

You obvious immaturity makes you no one to take seriously or listen to. Have fun shouting at the rain.
I will take that as a surrender, numb nuts. Though you could be a man and just admit that I am right and you are dumber than fuck.

If so, what brand.

IMG_20151002_162214.jpg
2006 !!!
"Allen Carr dies from lung cancer.
Allen Carr set up his first clinic after quitting smoking in 1983.
An anti-smoking guru who has helped millions of smokers kick the habit has died from lung cancer.
Allen Carr, 72, quit his 100-a-day habit 23 (now 32) years ago, before going on to become a millionaire by advising people on how to stop smoking."
More: BBC NEWS | Health | Allen Carr dies from lung cancer

Allen Carr "Easy way to stop smoking"

If so, what brand.

View attachment 51585
2006 !!!
"Allen Carr dies from lung cancer.
Allen Carr set up his first clinic after quitting smoking in 1983.
An anti-smoking guru who has helped millions of smokers kick the habit has died from lung cancer.
Allen Carr, 72, quit his 100-a-day habit 23 (now 32) years ago, before going on to become a millionaire by advising people on how to stop smoking."
More: BBC NEWS | Health | Allen Carr dies from lung cancer

Allen Carr "Easy way to stop smoking"

Forum List

Back