Do you recycle?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Do you recycle?

If not, why not?
If so, do you recycle EVERYTHING or only some things?

Do you think it's making a big difference in our world?
Are there any negatives to recycling?

I try to recycle everything. We do not have separate bins in the county I live, garbage company separates plastics from metals etc. One garbage bin and one recycle bin we have. Then once a week yard waste.
I does make a difference such as reprocessing recycled materials. Negatives? I do not like to think that recycled shit paper is reprocessed to napkins...;)

Do you recycle?

If not, why not?

We have recycled almost everything for almost 30 years now. Drives my wife crazy when I keep a broken machine around to harvest parts off of though.

Do you recycle?

If not, why not?

you do know that not everything can be recycled?

And Yes, we recycle what we're allowed. I do think the plants where recycle material is sent are overwhelmed.

We actually do NOT recycle. My mother thinks I'm the anti-Christ for not doing it!

Yes, even though there's no pickup for recycling here. Well, there is, but I'd have to pay extra for it. Instead, I have to drop it off. Which I do about once a month, when I'm on other errands, as burning more gasoline for a special trip to the big recycling bin would kind of defeat the purpose.

The rest of my trash goes to a city incinerator to make steam heat, so I essentially have zero landfill footprint.

Yes. Give plastic grocery bags to a local thrift store. Everything else that can be recycled to city recycle bins.

I recycle every post I make on USMB.. Some go to compost. Others just have the cuss words changed..

Oh -- you mean garbage, refuse, waste?? Yeah --- before it was stylish or mandatory..

I put my recycling down to the curb weekly and my garbage once a month. Hmmmmmm

Is that when your pickups are scheduled or what your waste production requires? Enthusiastic recycling can certainly reduce the mass of your trash/garbage.

Do you recycle?

If not, why not?

I live in a city that makes this very easy.

1 recycle bin- 1 compost bin- 1 trash bin.

We recycle everything that is recylable, compost what is compostable and trash the rest.

We re-use plastic bags and paper bags as much as possible- and really with almost no effort.

Is it making a 'big difference in the world'? Not my individual efforts- but combined they add up- San Francisco has one of the highest compost and recycling rates- and that reduces the amount of trash going into land fill.

We actually do NOT recycle. My mother thinks I'm the anti-Christ for not doing it!

Why not?

I guess a combination of laziness and thinking it won't really make a difference.
It's easier to have one trash can, one take out day.
Our county provides recycle bags, but, not bins or anything else.

Why not?

I guess a combination of laziness and thinking it won't really make a difference.

I think of it this way.

Which makes more sense- washing your dishes each day- or throwing the dirty dishes in the garage?

Eventually the garage fills up with stinky garbage.

Recycling to me makes as much sense as washing my dishes.

Why not?

I think of it this way.

Which makes more sense- washing your dishes each day- or throwing the dirty dishes in the garage?

I know I know, I feel bad. You're not my mom are you? :)

Why not?

I think of it this way.

I know I know, I feel bad. You're not my mom are you? :)

Not trying to make you feel guilty. Just giving my perspective.

But.....if not recycling makes you feel bad....just think how good recycling will make you feel :)

LOL- anyway- recycle or don't- I won't judge you.

Is that when your pickups are scheduled or what your waste production requires? Enthusiastic recycling can certainly reduce the mass of your trash/garbage.
One recycle bin, One Trash can, and pick up once a week both.

Forum List

Back