Do you recognize that God gains pleasure in creating evil?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This quote indicates that the creation of evil is an ongoing process by God and that he creates evil for his pleasure. This makes sense in that God would not create something that he did not want in the world or that would displease him.

As a Gnostic Christian, I recognize that the concept of God is all myth.

Literal and historic belief did not generally come about till about the years 80. 50 years after the death of Jesus. In fact, Jesus was not declared divine till the Trinity concept was accepted, by the force of Constantine in 380.

Having said this, I recognize why the ancient thinkers would say that God is pleased when he creates evil in the world.

Do you understand how and why God gains pleasure from creating evil and sin?

If not, why do you think God would create evil and sin for his displeasure?

If God does not do or create evil as some think, then who else has the power to create evil?

Regards
DL

It's amazing that people STILL get reeled in by this argument from The Great Deceiver Himself!

It's amazing that people STILL get reeled in by this argument from The Great Deceiver Himself!

If you mean the bible then I agree.
Perhaps that is why many think that the Abrahamic cults are the anti-Christ.

I see that you are bright enough to ignore what the bible says about God.
Good for you. :clap2:

Regards
DL

If not for evil then what do we define as good?

So evil must be good if it is required to identify good. Right?
Perhaps that is where God's enjoyment comes in. He does a lot of it so you would think he would do a bit of good now and then as well just to know better what is evil.

Regards
DL

HE must have danced a little jig on yours and Cammpbelll's birthdays, then.......

:eusa_whistle:

Not sure who Cammpbelll is but yes.
Even God needs someone to be honest with him and tell him when he is being a prick.

Regards
DL

If not for evil then what do we define as good?

So evil must be good if it is required to identify good. Right?
Perhaps that is where God's enjoyment comes in. He does a lot of it so you would think he would do a bit of good now and then as well just to know better what is evil.

Regards
DL

nope good is good and evil is evil. By your logic good could be defined as evil if evil could be defined as good. Philosophically speaking, God gets to do what God wants. If it's for enjoyment as you say, then so be it. What are you going to do about it one way or another?

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This quote indicates that the creation of evil is an ongoing process by God and that he creates evil for his pleasure. This makes sense in that God would not create something that he did not want in the world or that would displease him.

Literal and historic belief did not generally come about till about the years 80. 50 years after the death of Jesus. In fact, Jesus was not declared divine till the Trinity concept was accepted, by the force of Constantine in 380.

Having said this, I recognize why the ancient thinkers would say that God is pleased when he creates evil in the world.

If God does not do or create evil as some think, then who else has the power to create evil?

Regards
DL
Do you recognize how stupid you are?

If this is the best that Christian apologists have to offer it in not surprising that Christianity is shrinking at the rate it is.

Regards
DL

If this is the best that Christian apologists have to offer it in not surprising that Christianity is shrinking at the rate it is.

Regards
DL

If this is the most thought-provoking thread OP that Atheists/Agnostics can come up with, Christians have absolutely nothing to worry about.

:cool:

Regards
DL

No he doesnt. He thinks he is sharing these profound questions that he doesnt realize have been answered since about the third century AD if not sooner.

Dumbfuck GIA, God did not create evil because evil is not a thing, it is the absence of a thing, namely goodness. Evil is to good as shadow is to light, and just as there is no particle of darkness, there is no essence to evil as it is simply the negation of Gods Will.

Hence why we know that charlatan's like you are evil and corrupt in your mind and heart and soul.

Regards
DL

If this is the most thought-provoking thread OP that Atheists/Agnostics can come up with, Christians have absolutely nothing to worry about.

:cool:

Lol, there is nothing to worry about were there arguments far stronger.

We can KNOW that there is a God and that He loves us.

Once you ahve that knowledge all the bullshit spin in the world wont shake your faith.

[

No he doesnt. He thinks he is sharing these profound questions that he doesnt realize have been answered since about the third century AD if not sooner.

Dumbfuck GIA, God did not create evil because evil is not a thing, it is the absence of a thing, namely goodness. Evil is to good as shadow is to light, and just as there is no particle of darkness, there is no essence to evil as it is simply the negation of Gods Will.

Hence why we know that charlatan's like you are evil and corrupt in your mind and heart and soul.[/QUOTE]

Nehemiah 13:18
Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city?

Jeremiah 19:15
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon this city and upon all her towns all the evil that I have pronounced against it,

Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Regards
DL

Nehemiah 13:18
Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city?

This is not refering to a creation of evil, but God allowing the consequences of their actions to catch up to them.

Jeremiah 19:15
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon this city and upon all her towns all the evil that I have pronounced against it,

This is, again, speaking of consequences that are evil in the sense of being harmful not mroally evil.

Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Again, this is not refering to creation of evil, etc.

Regards
DL

It doesnt take much effort to figure this stuff out, doofus, but you just want tohave your pretexts to support your ridiculous claims.

Which makes you a fraud and aliar.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

........................ Epicurus....................................

Forum List

Back