Do you really want 64 more months of this?

Given that I haven't been especially impressed with the last 480 months of governments we've had, I think it not unreasonable to suspect I will be equally or even more unhappy with the next 64 months.

The Obama Administration is as bankrupt as the rest of AMerica. He is totally out of ideas, unable to change his views. After the last election some people thought he would do a Clinton and pivot to the center. I knew better. Obama is an ideologue. He cannot change his views, even when presented with overwhelming evidence that they are failures.
His ideas amount to: jobs tours of the midwest that he has done since his campaign, proposing more infrastructure spending, raising taxes on millionaires and billionaires, cutting the payroll tax so ma and pa can take home an extra $15 a month.
None of this has worked. And yet he continues with variations on the same ideas.

The only good thing about his continuing on like this is that it becomes more and more apparent he is utterly hapless. The Left around here used to scream, well who have you got that's better? Now we have the answer. Rick Perry is everything Obama is not. He will wipe the floor with Obama.

One of the most interesting changes in American politics today is the ascendency of right wing ideologues into not just a group of small government pretenders and corporate worshipers, but also into a block that wants power back so badly even our democracy stands in their way. They want to get rid of a democratically elected president not because he is doing badly but just because he is president. W's record - noted below - was a total failure, Reagan/Bush failed, remember 'it's the economy stupid,' and Pres Clinton was hounded even when successful. It demonstrates the power of money and its message to control the masses, the tea party represents only the latest incarnation of money buying the message and tools singing slogans. Representative government is surely in trouble when so many can be bought so easily. The ideology of the right is so rigid it cannot stand anything it sees as different. Civic education has disappeared and civility has vanished.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...ning-and-otherwise-engaging-in-criticism.html

"President Bush inherited a peaceful, prosperous America. As he exits, Salon consults experts in seven fields to try to assess the devastation.
BY VINCENT ROSSMEIER AND GABRIEL WINANT
After a couple of presidential terms, mismanagement in every area of policy -- foreign, domestic, even extraterrestrial -- starts to add up. When George W. Bush entered the White House in January 2001, he inherited peace and prosperity. The military, the Constitution and New Orleans were intact and the country had a budget surplus of $128 billion. Now he's about to dash out the door, leaving a large, unpaid bill for his successors to pay.

To get a sense of what kind of balance is due, Salon spoke to experts in seven different fields. Wherever possible, we have tried to express the damage done in concrete terms -- sometimes in lives lost, but most often just in money spent and dollars owed. What follows is an incomplete inventory of eight years of mis- and malfeasance, but then a fuller accounting would run, um, somewhat longer than three pages." W. and the damage done - Global warming - Salon.com

GWB inherited a recession
GWB inherited the start of a job loss period in which 2 million jobs where gone
GWB inherited Saddam
GWN inherited 9-11 (it was being planned already)
GWB inherited Enron (that lying was under way)

recession
Early 2000s recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Job loss
2000...... 131,785 110,995 24,649 599 6,787 17,263
2001...... 131,826 110,708 23,873 606 6,826 16,441
2002...... 130,341 108,828 22,557 583 6,716 15,259

Saddam
Quotes From Democrats on Weapons of Mass Destruction - BreakTheChain.org

9-11
Planning of the attacks
Main article: Planning of the September 11 attacks
The idea for the attacks came from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, who first presented it to Osama bin Laden in 1996.[132] At that point, bin Laden and al-Qaeda were in a period of transition, having just relocated back to Afghanistan from Sudan.[133] The 1998 African Embassy bombings and bin Laden's 1998 fatwā marked a turning point, with bin Laden intent on attacking the United States.[133] In December 1998, the Director of Central Intelligence Counterterrorist Center reported to President Bill Clinton that al-Qaeda was preparing for attacks in the USA, including the training of personnel to hijack aircraft.[134]
In late 1998 or early 1999, bin Laden gave approval for Mohammed to go forward with organizing the plot. A series of meetings occurred in early 1999, involving Mohammed, bin Laden, and his deputy Mohammed Atef.[133] Atef provided operational support for the plot, including target selections and helping arrange travel for the hijackers.[133] Bin Laden overruled Mohammed, rejecting some potential targets such as the U.S. Bank Tower in Los Angeles[135] because "there was not enough time to prepare for such an operation".[136]
Bin Laden provided leadership for the plot, along with financial support, and was involved in selecting participants for the plot.[137] Bin Laden initially selected Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar, both experienced jihadists who fought in Bosnia. Hazmi and Mihdhar arrived in the United States in mid-January 2000. In spring 2000, Hazmi and Mihdhar took flying lessons in San Diego, California, but both spoke little English, did not do well with flying lessons, and eventually served as secondary - or "muscle" - hijackers.[138][139]
In late 1999, a group of men from Hamburg, Germany arrived in Afghanistan, including Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi, Ziad Jarrah, and Ramzi bin al-Shibh.[140] Bin Laden selected these men, as they were educated, could speak English, and had experience living in the west.[141] New recruits were routinely screened for special skills, which allowed al-Qaeda leaders to also identify Hani Hanjour, who already had a commercial pilot's license.[142]
Hanjour arrived in San Diego on December 8, 2000, joining Hazmi.[143] They soon left for Arizona, where Hanjour took refresher training. Marwan al-Shehhi arrived at the end of May 2000, while Atta arrived on June 3, 2000, and Jarrah arrived on June 27, 2000. Bin al-Shibh applied several times for a visa to the United States, but as a Yemeni, he was rejected out of concerns he would overstay his visa and remain as an illegal immigrant. Bin al-Shibh stayed in Hamburg, providing coordination between Atta and Mohammed. The three Hamburg cell members all took pilot training in south Florida.

In spring 2001, the secondary hijackers began arriving in the United States.[144] In July 2001, Atta met with bin al-Shibh in Spain, where they coordinated details of the plot, including final target selection. Bin al-Shibh also passed along bin Laden's wish for the attacks to be carried out as soon as possible.[145]

ENRON backed Clinton Administration
Enron

Stop spinning the truth Libs, it does not help Obamas mess

JRK, the bushies mishandled almost every challenge, and so have the Obamies.

We need to move forward.

JRK, the bushies mishandled almost every challenge, and so have the Obamies.

We need to move forward.

With respect Jake we enjoyed 5% UE and budget deficits that without 9-11 would never exist
It was not that bad until 9-2008
If Obama shows he was serious and done the right things when he took office it would not have been near this bad

GWB made mistakes
everyone does
They did allot of things right, the numbers prove that

JRK, putting us into two wars unprepared and unwilling to listen to the professionals as well as letting business run wild does not fill me with admiration for the bushies. Obama had generally not shown the ability to inspire and lead that the country requires, in my opinion. We can't follow the failed policies of Bush or Obama. We need to move forward with better leadeship and an almost completely new House and a shook-up Senate.

JRK, putting us into two wars unprepared and unwilling to listen to the professionals as well as letting business run wild does not fill me with admiration for the bushies. Obama had generally not shown the ability to inspire and lead that the country requires, in my opinion. We can't follow the failed policies of Bush or Obama. We need to move forward with better leadeship and an almost completely new House and a shook-up Senate.

I am un sure what you mean by him putting us in 2 wars
I cannot use a better example of how pun out all of this is. GWB was sitting with a bunch of kids in tampa Florida when the war began
Saddam was giving us so much trouble before 9-11 that Clinton bombed him, more than once and we passed a resolution making it policy to remove him from office 4 years before we went to war with Iraq
what professionals?
those who opposed the wars?
Let business run wild?
Exactly what place is it for GWB or BHO on telling you and I how to run our business?

This is the fundamental difference in a liberal and a conservative

as far as the wars go, there has been so many lies about why we went, what was said, who said what and who we really was fighting I have no idea where to start
Your right as an American allows you to dis agree with what we did. The representatives we elected said different, it was not just GWB
you got issue with the wars, then that should also include the democrats

I am not going to argue about Bush, JRK. No one can competently defend his administration and his and Dick's follies. The neo-cons and we American sheeple have put our wonderful country in a tough, tough situation.

We need to new leadership in the White House and in the people's house of government.

I am not going to argue about Bush, JRK. No one can competently defend his administration and his and Dick's follies. The neo-cons and we American sheeple have put our wonderful country in a tough, tough situation.

We need to new leadership in the White House and in the people's house of government.

As i said
he made his share also

No..I don't. I would prefer it if someone went postal on "K" street and killed a hundred of the lobbyists that fund the Christian Fundamentalists in congress. Short of that I hope the tea partiers and GOP house leadership all get AIDS and die.

Huggy thats not right
you need help

We see today that his approval rating (Obama's) goes below 40%

Still higher than his opponents, I would imagine, but this means the presidency is up for grabs if Romney is the GOP candidate. Perry is going to find out what so many Texans already know, that his record on social conservative values is going to scare the great majority of the country.

Still higher than his opponents, I would imagine, but this means the presidency is up for grabs if Romney is the GOP candidate. Perry is going to find out what so many Texans already know, that his record on social conservative values is going to scare the great majority of the country.

Jake Obama I am afraid does not understand what it takes to be the CEO of this country
As a CEO it was his job to make sure the debt crises never got to where it has

He spent so much time and energy on a reform bill for health care that after last week looks DOA at the supreme court

One of the judges in Atlanta that voted it un constitutional is a Clinton appointee

Obama as any CEO should have been taking care of the company first before putting so much at risk while ignoring so much that was already at risk
Obama is done
2012 will be a landslide barring a miracle. As far as Perry goes? I like Rick Perry as far as it his ability to help the system create jobs
His beliefs are fine with me also, I am also a Christian. I am not sure thats a bad thing
Does he win?
The main stream media will do all they can to prevent it

Your threads are respectful. That is rare these days. Do not let anyone get under your skin

The far right lamestream think I am a flaming commie hot for salami because I don't fall for their right extremist fascism, but, hey, that is OK. They have a right to look stupid all the time.

Obama has had some dumb moments and some good ones, but he may be another Jimmy Carter, which would him a finer American than George Bush, in my opinion.

SCOTUS is going to be the referee of dueling appellate courts. I don't think the act is unconstitutional, but I am not a constitutional scholar or a judge, so we will see.

I doubt that 2012 is going to be a landslide for anyone, JRK, but time will tell.

I keep on about the 2007 total dollars spent in this country with the amount of revenue we had to establish a base line'
I have done that with the liberals attacking the messenger but ignoring the message
But the bottom line is we were that close to a balanced over-all budget, and seems like 100 years ago now

Never let a crises go to waste

Does this country really want for this to keep going for the next 64 months? What is it Obama is going to do now?

I mean really, whats next?
stimulus 3?
People this is harming every-one

Look if Barack Obama wins re-election--MEXICO is going to be building fences to keep Americans out--:razz:

There is no way I want to live in The Land Of NO--opportunity--where success is punished and failure is rewarded.

Last edited:
I keep on about the 2007 total dollars spent in this country with the amount of revenue we had to establish a base line'
I have done that with the liberals attacking the messenger but ignoring the message
But the bottom line is we were that close to a balanced over-all budget, and seems like 100 years ago now

Does this country really want for this to keep going for the next 64 months? What is it Obama is going to do now?

stimulus 3?

The leftwing bots DO want 64 more months of this - they want 64 more YEARS of this. They are fiercely dedicated to their suicide pact with the Annointed One, and can't wait till they take their lemming plunge into the abyss.

stimulus 3?

The leftwing bots DO want 64 more months of this - they want 64 more YEARS of this. They are fiercely dedicated to their suicide pact with the Annointed One, and can't wait till they take their lemming plunge into the abyss.

Thats what confuses me the most. It is harming the liberal who works, has a 401k/IRA/job etc... as much as it harms me

stimulus 3?

Thats what confuses me the most. It is harming the liberal who works, has a 401k/IRA/job etc... as much as it harms me

Nothing drives people faster to self-destruction than the suspension of reason in favor of zealous loyalty to a Great Leader - look at the Hitler Youth in WWII. Obama got lots of support from college age students in 2008 - they were the ones who showed up at his mass rallies to hear the rock music, drink the koolaid, and cheer meaningless slogans - giving him excellent video on the nightly news.

Now, those brainwashed kiddies have graduated and are in the real world, into the democrat-caused recession, where they have a BS degree, $50,000 in college debt, and are extremely lucky if they can get a job at McDonald's. Do you think the cold water in the face has cured their zealotry? Don't bet on it.

Forum List

Back