Do you really have a right to life if you don't also have a right to death?

If people were allowed to commit suicide that would send the wrong message to society...and unfortunately many people would give up hope and commit suicide that would otherwise not if the act of suicide were illegal.

You seriously think that government telling us they own our bodies and we will do with it as they see fit stops people from committing suicide? Seriously?

Just reading the way you describe it....it almost makes me want to go kill myself right now. The level of oppression is unbearable.

He does not understand logical construction.

:lol: You just keep making stuff up.

You sound like Sassy. You keep repeating nonsense, thinking that it will eventually become true.
It looks like a bad case of the pot calling t h e kettle black swim.
Jake, your posts make sense to me.

Then you are an idiot, and 100% ignorant. These aren't opinions open for debate. These concepts are well defined, and Jake is flatly incorrect.

Let me google that for you

Let me google that for you

He does not understand logical construction.

:lol: You just keep making stuff up.

You sound like Sassy. You keep repeating nonsense, thinking that it will eventually become true.
It looks like a bad case of the pot calling t h e kettle black swim.
Jake, your posts make sense to me.

Then you are an idiot, and 100% ignorant. These aren't opinions open for debate. These concepts are well defined, and Jake is flatly incorrect.
Swimfrog just does not get logic is all, so he thinks everyone who disagrees with him is an idiot. It's his right to look and be stupid.

Swimfrog just does not get logic is all, so he thinks everyone who disagrees with him is an idiot. It's his right to look and be stupid.

Jake, if there were a shred of legitimacy to your claims and your inventions of "logic" you would be able to produce a link to a reasonably reliable source that will describe these fallacies as describe them.

Oh wait, you can't come up with a link. Better luck next time....

Jake, if there were a shred of legitimacy to your claims and your inventions of "logic" you would be able to produce a link to a reasonably reliable source that will describe these fallacies as describe them. Oh wait, you can't come up with a link. Better luck next time....
You don't set the standard of proof. The construction of your comments reveal your lack of logic. Keep doing it the same way, keep expecting the same response. See there is a logical cause and effect structure.

Jake, if there were a shred of legitimacy to your claims and your inventions of "logic" you would be able to produce a link to a reasonably reliable source that will describe these fallacies as describe them. Oh wait, you can't come up with a link. Better luck next time....
You don't set the standard of proof. The construction of your comments reveal your lack of logic. Keep doing it the same way, keep expecting the same response. See there is a logical cause and effect structure.

:lmao:

Man, it keeps getting better!

1 - Catastrophic misrepresentation of basic principles
2 - Fabrication of make believe ideas
3 - Inability-turned-refusal to offer evidence

What's next, a Pope Francis meme? I've got to do laundry, but I can't pull myself away from the computer. This is just too entertaining!! :lol:

Your misuse of logical construction was obvious.

You are simply being immorally stubborn and can't admit you are wrong. Or stubbornly immoral. Hmmm. Are the same? :lol:

U can kill yourself if u like . U can have a DO NOT RESESTATE order if u want .

Who says u don't have a right to die ?
You don't understand the issue.

The issue is not the act of dying, but of assisting someone to die.

I somewhat agree with this, after the individual(s) brings his case before a judge so that we can be assured the individual is of sound mind, capable of making the life ending decision and It can be found there is no duress, with a condition that causes undue pain, I would have no problem.

No, not at all. Without the right to die, there can be no right to life, or even a right to live as you see fit. There is only a government mandate that you shall be alive, and that you shall continue to maintain that condition for the pleasure of the government, at any and all expense.

What a crazy world we live in, when liberal California pulls one of the century's greatest victories for minimizing government intervention into people's personal choices.

California governor signs assisted-dying bill - CNN.com
Not 'crazy' at all.

Liberals have consistently advocated for minimizing government intervention into people's personal choices.

Liberals fight to protect the privacy rights of women, prohibiting government from seeking to compel a woman to give birth against her will.

Liberals fight to protect citizens' voting rights, opposing government from interfering with the fundamental right to vote with voter 'ID' laws.

Liberals have fought to protect the rights of gay Americans, preventing government from seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law.

And liberals are now engaged in the fight to protect the liberties of transgender Americans from unwarranted government interference in their personal lives and decisions.

Allowing families to decide for themselves when a loved-one's life has come to an end is consistent with liberal efforts to prevent increasing the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

No really. Liberals pick and choose where they want the government to interfere in a person's private life. I cannot, for example, ride a motorcycle without a helmet, though doing so effects no one else but me. I also cannot choose to live my life without health insurance, should I wish to do so for whatever reason. I cannot refuse to pay for some guy's boner pills or some girl's birth control pills. No, liberals are VERY happy for the government to intrude on private life decisions.

No, not at all. Without the right to die, there can be no right to life, or even a right to live as you see fit. There is only a government mandate that you shall be alive, and that you shall continue to maintain that condition for the pleasure of the government, at any and all expense.

What a crazy world we live in, when liberal California pulls one of the century's greatest victories for minimizing government intervention into people's personal choices.

Not 'crazy' at all.

Liberals have consistently advocated for minimizing government intervention into people's personal choices.

Liberals fight to protect the privacy rights of women, prohibiting government from seeking to compel a woman to give birth against her will.

Liberals fight to protect citizens' voting rights, opposing government from interfering with the fundamental right to vote with voter 'ID' laws.

Liberals have fought to protect the rights of gay Americans, preventing government from seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law.

And liberals are now engaged in the fight to protect the liberties of transgender Americans from unwarranted government interference in their personal lives and decisions.

Allowing families to decide for themselves when a loved-one's life has come to an end is consistent with liberal efforts to prevent increasing the size and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

No really. Liberals pick and choose where they want the government to interfere in a person's private life. I cannot, for example, ride a motorcycle without a helmet, though doing so effects no one else but me. I also cannot choose to live my life without health insurance, should I wish to do so for whatever reason. I cannot refuse to pay for some guy's boner pills or some girl's birth control pills. No, liberals are VERY happy for the government to intrude on private life decisions.
Buy your own insurance or pay the fine.

Not 'crazy' at all.

Buy your own insurance or pay the fine.
Exactly. The government intrudes on private lives and liberals line up like trained seals to honk their horns and clap for joy on command.

Forum List

Back