Do you realize how much you trust me?

Not me personally, but me as in all the random people you trust every day.

You drive your car down the street at 45 mph, I'm the guy on the other side of the road going 45mph in the opposite direction, you trust that I won't swerve over that little yellow line in the road between us and have a head on collision with you.

I could be the guy that puts that steak into a nice neat package that you buy at the grocery store. You trust me that I didn't put any poison into that package.

I could be the mechanic that rotates your tires. You trust me that I tightened all the lug nuts sufficiently that you won't have a tire come off when you are running 60 on the highway.

I could be the guy that controls the subway trains. You trust me that I won't have a mental breakdown and flip a switch that allows two trains to collide.

Do you realize how much you trust me?

Ahhh the great fallacy--that's not trust. That's pure denial of consequences that we face daily that are beyond our control.

I beg to differ.
We go around trusting people all the time.

Really? Live in Utopia, do ya?

I trust my wife, my best friend, my mom, my kids (well, two fo them anyway, and not all the time), and I trust me. Trusting "you" has never crossed my mind except to say, I don't trust anyone not on my list.

Bullshit.

You do NOT:

Grow everything you eat, including the seeds.
Walk cross-country every where you go.
Make all your own power, including the electricity you're reading this with.
Steer completely clear of the banking system, including the use of ca$h.
Etc.​

-Joe

That would be taking risks, not having trust.

I trust my wife, my best friend, my mom, my kids (well, two fo them anyway, and not all the time), and I trust me. Trusting "you" has never crossed my mind except to say, I don't trust anyone not on my list.

Bullshit.

You do NOT:

Grow everything you eat, including the seeds.
Walk cross-country every where you go.
Make all your own power, including the electricity you're reading this with.
Steer completely clear of the banking system, including the use of ca$h.
Etc.​

-Joe

That would be taking risks, not having trust.

You still have to trust the folks who process your food (or the government that regulates them).

You still have to trust the folks you share the road with, build the car you drive, service the car you drive, and build the roads and bridges you drive on (or the government that enforces traffic safety laws).

You still have to trust the guys and gals who run the nuclear power plant humming along 12.7 miles from your house and 6.1 miles from your office (or the government that regulates it).

Your only other choices are to loose sleep or leave. Thank (insert the Deity of your choice here) for America and her government, I sleep like a frat-boy on Saturday morning.

-Joe

Bunch of un-trusting people around here.

Give me a reason to trust that you have not been drinking before you got behind the wheel of that car.

Give me a reason to trust that you won't fly into road rage because my headlights aren't adjusted just so.

Give me a reason to trust that you won't have a heart attack while you're driving.

Give me a reason to trust that your kid won't grab the wheel.

Give me a reason to trust that you won't start eye-balling that chick walking along the sidewalk.

Give me a reason to trust that some moron won't cut you off causing you to swerve onto my side of road.

Give me a reason to trust that you have not been drinking before you got behind the wheel of that car.

Give me a reason to trust that you won't fly into road rage because my headlights aren't adjusted just so.

Give me a reason to trust that you won't have a heart attack while you're driving.

Give me a reason to trust that you won't start eye-balling that chick walking along the sidewalk.

Give me a reason to trust that some moron won't cut you off causing you to swerve onto my side of road.

How many times a day does somebody cross that little yellow line into your lane?

How many times a day does somebody cross that little yellow line into your lane?

You ain't from around here, are ya?

You ain't from around here, are ya?

How many times a day have you had poison put into your food?

Forum List

Back