Do you realize how much you trust me?

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Not me personally, but me as in all the random people you trust every day.

You drive your car down the street at 45 mph, I'm the guy on the other side of the road going 45mph in the opposite direction, you trust that I won't swerve over that little yellow line in the road between us and have a head on collision with you.

I could be the guy that puts that steak into a nice neat package that you buy at the grocery store. You trust me that I didn't put any poison into that package.

I could be the mechanic that rotates your tires. You trust me that I tightened all the lug nuts sufficiently that you won't have a tire come off when you are running 60 on the highway.

I could be the guy that controls the subway trains. You trust me that I won't have a mental breakdown and flip a switch that allows two trains to collide.

You drive your car down the street at 45 mph, I'm the guy on the other side of the road going 45mph in the opposite direction, you trust that I won't swerve over that little yellow line in the road between us and have a head on collision with you.

I could be the guy that puts that steak into a nice neat package that you buy at the grocery store. You trust me that I didn't put any poison into that package.

I could be the mechanic that rotates your tires. You trust me that I tightened all the lug nuts sufficiently that you won't have a tire come off when you are running 60 on the highway.

I could be the guy that controls the subway trains. You trust me that I won't have a mental breakdown and flip a switch that allows two trains to collide.

Spoken like a true liberal:

I trust the government to enforce the rules of the road and help me redress you financially if you fuck up or put you in prison if you fuck up with liable.

I trust the government to enforce the laws regarding food handling and hold you personally responsible for liable and hold your corporate employer financially responsible for both liable and error.

I trust the government to enforce the laws regarding consumer services and hold you personally responsible for liable and hold your corporate employer financially responsible for both liable and error.

Once again, I trust the government to run the trains in such a manner as to minimize risk by holding people and corporations responsible for their safety.

Would a conservative leave the consumer hung out on a limb - "let the buyer beware"? :eusa_think:

-Joe

Last edited:
I don't trust you at all tough guy.

All those times I didn't swerve across the yellow line into your lane, and you don't trust me?

I trust you to know what happens if you fail to kill me
smile_wink.gif

Deep Thoughts~by Mountain Man

But good ones!

True, we do trust the people who make/serve us food when we eat out, babysit our kids, teach our children, take care of our elderly family members in nursing homes, the doctor who looks at the inner and outers of our privates, (except xotoxi-he's not seeing my girly parts EVER! :eek: ) when we pay with a check or credit card, talk to people on line..............

I trust my wife, my best friend, my mom, my kids (well, two fo them anyway, and not all the time), and I trust me. Trusting "you" has never crossed my mind except to say, I don't trust anyone not on my list.

I trust my wife, my best friend, my mom, my kids (well, two fo them anyway, and not all the time), and I trust me. Trusting "you" has never crossed my mind except to say, I don't trust anyone not on my list.

But you do trust that I won't cross the yellow line between us. You do it everyday.

Ahhh the great fallacy--that's not trust. That's pure denial of consequences that we face daily that are beyond our control.

Ahhh the great fallacy--that's not trust. That's pure denial of consequences that we face daily that are beyond our control.

I beg to differ.
We go around trusting people all the time.

But you do trust that I won't cross the yellow line between us. You do it everyday.

No, I do not trust that "you" will not cross the yellow line. It is precisely that lack of trust which has saved me from death or severe injury more than once. In fact, on the list of people I don't trust, other drivers are right at the top of the list.

Bullshit.

You do NOT:

Grow everything you eat, including the seeds.
Walk cross-country every where you go.
Make all your own power, including the electricity you're reading this with.
Steer completely clear of the banking system, including the use of ca$h.
Etc.​

-Joe

Bullshit.

You do NOT:

Grow everything you eat, including the seeds.
Walk cross-country every where you go.
Make all your own power, including the electricity you're reading this with.
Steer completely clear of the banking system, including the use of ca$h.
Etc.​

-Joe

True, but that doesn't mean I trust them.

Forum List

Back