Do you pray for the peace of Jerusalem?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do I pray for peace no, but I believe there is never a winner in war, praying for a city to have peace is kind of silly, I think you mean you are praying for the jews, and in that case you are asking God to be against the Palestinians.
Apart from the fact that there is no such thing as a Palestinian, I do pray for the Arab Muslims, the Egyptian Muslims, all followers of Islam that the LORD will reveal Himself to them and that they will be saved, I pray for all unsaved souls that they may be saved but this thread is about praying for the peace of Jerusalem and God does bless those who love and pray for Israel. If praying for a city to have peace were silly God would never have desired for it to be done. It wouldn't be in the Scriptures. Yet is is! So it is good to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Penelope, I found it interesting that you felt that praying for the peace of Jerusalem meant praying against the Arabs and Egyptians living in Gaza and elsewhere inside Israel. Do you see it as a prayer that would cause the violence they have waged against Jews to end? Wouldn't that be a good thing? Why would you want a people to continue in violence against the Jews knowing that it is going to lead to their very destruction? Why would you want unrest and chaos in Jerusalem?

There you go, no such thing as a Palestinian, what do you call them, the name of the country has been Palestine, and people who live there and have lived there were Palestinians.

Where in the scriptures is it ?
Hamas leader and one Muslim cleric identified them as from Egypt and Saudi Arabia originally. They started calling themselves Palestinians in the 1960's in order to cause trouble for the Israelites. Both the Hamas leader / Minister and the Muslim Cleric agreed that there was no real Palestinians. They are either Arabs or Egyptians.

The Palestinians are probably the left over Canaanites who have been there for centuries, they go back many generations. That is why there are Muslim, Christian and Jewish Palestinians.
I have considered that they are descendants of the Philistines because the Philistines were Baal worshippers too. While they worship Allah, the Philistines worshipped the false god Dagon. Idolatry is idolatry. According to Obadiah, they will be destroyed in the future.

don't get carried away, Jeremiah------read some of the current high school general biology books------they are REMARKABLY sophisticated in the field of
human genetics--------I am so old that I can remember when WATSON AND CRICK were news. The people called "Palestinians" are a very mixed people derived from all parts of the middle east which actually puts even GREEK genes
in them thar persons. -----the BEDOUINS---interestingly enough------are ARABIAN---(that means from DA PENNINSULA aka AL JEZEERAH) They are not actually "Palestinians" at all---(well----actually mixed ---but less
than Syrians who are almost as PHOENECIAN as were the philistines.. Be careful, Jeremiah------you seem to be going PENELOPIAN (oy)

You really are a fool Penelope and I have seen a few in my travels but you take the cake...In my opinion Israel should not take the money from the United States it has cost her dearly in many ways but it is one way the United States is able to control her and have her do its bidding..Israel could have built her own indigenous fighter jets that were better then the US fighter jets but were convinced not to because of a number of reasons... This is true of many things...If Israel was allowed to solve her own problems instead of relying on others they would have been solved long ago it is not in the others sense of needs that Israel should be strong and powerful on her own they would rather have her under their thumb but eventually this will not be the case...Your bringing up of prostituition is nothing more then a side show to take people's eyes off of the topic at hand... I think it is pretty funny that you ended up in a country that almost decided to make Hebrew their national toungue.. Then you would have had to speak the toungue of the people you hate that would have been the funniest joke of them all...

Never did the US ever think of making Hebrew their tongue, and also most of you had to learn Hebrew since it had died out and only a few rabbis spoke it, it was resurrected in the late 1800's. Prior Yiddish and many spoke the language of the land they inhabited.

So we give Israel money but they can't pay their IDF females enough, and yet Israelites brag all the time how great they are. France had to help with your nuclear.

You really are a fool Penelope and I have seen a few in my travels but you take the cake...In my opinion Israel should not take the money from the United States it has cost her dearly in many ways but it is one way the United States is able to control her and have her do its bidding..Israel could have built her own indigenous fighter jets that were better then the US fighter jets but were convinced not to because of a number of reasons... This is true of many things...If Israel was allowed to solve her own problems instead of relying on others they would have been solved long ago it is not in the others sense of needs that Israel should be strong and powerful on her own they would rather have her under their thumb but eventually this will not be the case...Your bringing up of prostituition is nothing more then a side show to take people's eyes off of the topic at hand... I think it is pretty funny that you ended up in a country that almost decided to make Hebrew their national toungue.. Then you would have had to speak the toungue of the people you hate that would have been the funniest joke of them all...

Never did the US ever think of making Hebrew their tongue, and also most of you had to learn Hebrew since it had died out and only a few rabbis spoke it, it was resurrected in the late 1800's. Prior Yiddish and many spoke the language of the land they inhabited.

So we give Israel money but they can't pay their IDF females enough, and yet Israelites brag all the time how great they are. France had to help with your nuclear.

The US is a Country and does not "think". Most of the early leaders were classically educated and, at that time, knew the three classical languages which
are Greek, Hebrew and Latin. Hebrew never "died out"-----just as Latin did not die out. The old form of Greek is far more "dead" than either Latin or Hebrew. One hundred years ago, FRENCH was more alive than is English on your
tongue. One of the most dead languages is koranic Arabic. Hebrew was actually KEPT alive thruout the world by jews who developed languages---
THRUOUT the world that combine Hebrew with whatever is the local
language. Thus, just as Yiddish is a combination of german and Hebrew,
there is a Hebraized form of Spanish, Arabic, Farsi, and even Aramaic is
not entirely Aramaic. (for the record---Aramaic is not dead either)
There was no time that there were no MORE than "just a few rabbis"
who were conversant in Hebrew.
Its new literature never came to a grinding halt------it was more vibrantly
alive here and there in THE WORLD-----than English ever was in the
homes of your trashy, mostly illiterate kith and kin. In my own life
I have stumbled in conversation with people from FAR FLUNG places--
--who are jews-----never left their own lands until they EMERGED in
the 20th century after being OUT THERE for millennia------in Hebrew.
Very few languages have that level of survival.
English as known 500 years ago-----does not exist anywhere other than in
the minds of really esoteric scholars. My college English prof. could recite
the CANTEBURY TALES. The epic poem was written in the 14th
Century in England and is COMPLETELY incomprehensible to English
speakers of today both in the USA and in England. He LEARNED it.
Today, many English speakers are almost illiterate in the language---you
are a prime example.

The US is a Country and does not "think". Most of the early leaders were classically educated and, at that time, knew the three classical languages which
are Greek, Hebrew and Latin. Hebrew never "died out"-----just as Latin did not die out. The old form of Greek is far more "dead" than either Latin or Hebrew. One hundred years ago, FRENCH was more alive than is English on your
tongue. One of the most dead languages is koranic Arabic. Hebrew was actually KEPT alive thruout the world by jews who developed languages---
are a prime example.
Revival of the Hebrew language - Wikipedia

are a prime example.

LOL @ the wikki scholar

are a prime example.

LOL @ the wikki scholar

Give me your links to back up what you say.

are a prime example.

LOL @ the wikki scholar

I say lots----to what issue do you want a "link"? Give me a link that PROVES that your great grandmother did not have to be TAUGHT how to read and write
in English as if it was a NEW LANGUAGE to her. Keep in mind-----I did
REMEDIATION as a college freshman. Based in your writings----it is hard for me to believe that you are descended from literate people in any language

PS penny dear-----your wikki article does not dispute anything I have written----
your problem is that you do not understand the article you cited

PS penny dear-----your wikki article does not dispute anything I have written----

Quite the opposite an mostly from Jewish sources.

are a prime example.

LOL @ the wikki scholar

I say lots----to what issue do you want a "link"? Give me a link that PROVES that your great grandmother did not have to be TAUGHT how to read and write
REMEDIATION as a college freshman. Based in your writings----it is hard for me to believe that you are descended from literate people in any language

I didn't know any of my grandparents, my Mom had 13 siblings, her Mom died when she was 6 , and at the age of 10 she had to live with an older sister who had 8 children and no running water.

are a prime example.

LOL @ the wikki scholar

I didn't know any of my grandparents, my Mom had 13 siblings, her Mom died when she was 6 , and at the age of 10 she had to live with an older sister who had 8 children and no running water.

there is no record or memory of your grandparents on both sides------a fact that suggests lots of illiteracy in your ancestors. Illiterates have no history. The jews who migrated to Israel in the 19th and 20th century from all parts of Europe and Asia, and Africa----had a history and more language IN COMMON, written and spoken, than your people had with the people on the other side of the mountain ----.wherever that hill happened to have been.

Quite the opposite an mostly from Jewish sources.

what is "quite the opposite"?? <<< you said nothing. You have jewish sources who claim that their ancestors did not know a word of Hebrew or the Hebrew alphabet and never USED the words or the writing?------fine with me-----cite them

1) Penelope has said the Jews are comprised of Canaanites which owned the land and even named the Holy City.
2)my family's name is etched in that City
including the prefix extension of that name.
To claim us hybrid Canaanite Hebrews CALLED Jews and I myself having no rights to the city in my name is like telling Penelope she has no rights to that mustache on her upper lip.

Penelope is a waste of time... She is a true devils advocate.... Black is white .. White is Black .. The sky is on the earth... etc etc...

Why should I care what happens in Jerusalem? Does anyone care what happens in Beirut? Mecca? Las Vegas?

Why should I care what happens in Jerusalem? Does anyone care what happens in Beirut? Mecca? Las Vegas?

you need not care-----the lines were not directed towards you anyway. LOTS of people care DEEPLY what happens in Las Vegas. ----- I visited that city once---
MANY people were invoking their respective "god"

1) Penelope has said the Jews are comprised of Canaanites which owned the land and even named the Holy City.
2)my family's name is etched in that City
including the prefix extension of that name.
To claim us hybrid Canaanite Hebrews CALLED Jews and I myself having no rights to the city in my name is like telling Penelope she has no rights to that mustache on her upper lip.

shev------Penelope is a product of her nature and nurture, unaltered and unexamined

Not that you care, but this answer is for everyone else.
YOU COLLECTIVELY are part of an organism you call globe, and striking or neglecting one portion of that organism is like harming or neglecting a part of your body. Affects on any part of your body affects you
"as a whole". This is why when you see a cancerous cell form on a portion of your body you take care of it before it spreads and takes over your whole body. Now look at where we are NOT CARING ABOUT PORTIONS OF OUR BODY IN DISARRAY.
Complacency and being fearful of curing our ills has gotten us the spread of cancer, so there's your reason to care about other parts of the whole.

That being said; YeruShalem is the ultimate test for man to become completed and
stable, it's even the meaning of the name Shalem. King Solomon (named after Shalem) had that story of the 2 woman, one willing to give up the child in order to save the child from the test of being divided. If you research the child's name in the story it was named Michael (Shalem is the Evening Star=Michael), so the Women are the
2 faiths, the divided child is YeruShalem and the Child sacrificed by the true owner of the child was the Mikra(Temple mount)=Israel loved the child enough to allow the other woman have it to save from a deadly division of YeruShalem.

Last edited:

Not that you care, but this answer is for everyone else.
YOU COLLECTIVELY are part of an organism you call globe, and striking or neglecting one portion of that organism is like harming or neglecting a part of your body. Affects on any part of your body affects you
"as a whole". This is why when you see a cancerous cell form on a portion of your body you take care of it before it spreads and takes over your whole body. Now look at where we are NOT CARING ABOUT PORTIONS OF OUR BODY IN DISARRAY.
Complacency and being fearful of curing our ills has gotten us the dpread of cancer, so there's your reaspn to care about other parts of the whole.

That being said; YeruShalem is the ultimate test for man to become completed and
stable, it's even the meaning of the name Shalem. King Solomon (named after Shalem) had that story of the 2 woman, one willing to give up the child in order to save the child from the test of being divided. If you research the child's name in the story it was named Michael (Shalem is the Evening Star=Michael), so the Women are the
2 faiths, the divided child is YeruShalem and the Child sacrificed by the true owner of the child was the Mikra(Temple mount)=Israel loved the child enough to allow the other woman have it to save from a deadly division.

nice hashev. -------the story is really beautifully written-----and so FULL of
language symbolism-------something like AGNON. it gets lost in the translation.
A question-----as to EVENING star-------it has a name?----I do understand
the LUCIFER story-----My understanding of the evening star is that it is MARS---and the Morning star is VENUS (????) These stars are named WHERE?
other than by DA ROMANS AND GREEKS?

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces.
For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee.
Psalm 122: 6,7,8

Do you pray for the peace of Jerusalem each day? The Bible commands us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and that those who love Jerusalem will prosper. True prosperity is to know God and His Word and walk in His presence. There are people in this world who are so busy with seeking after wealth and the pleasures of this world that they have lost the meaning of what true joy is. True joy is found in the presence of the LORD and meditating upon His Word.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem today!
There will be no peace in Jerusalem until the abomination that causes desolation appears and brings peace for 3-1/2 years.
so no, I don't bother praying for something I have been told will not occur until the evil one appears.

Forum List

Back