Do you pray every day?

Is this just a yes or no poll or is this something people want to talk about?

I'm curious about how prayer is perceived in terms of guidance, selfishness, agape, and indescribable bonds between people who pray together. Isn't it weird how it feels less intimate to have sex with someone versus praying with that person?

There are bonds between people who pray and meditate together. In the words of Annie Lamott talking about why she likes to meditate with others:

"My mind is like a bad neighborhood. I don't like to go there alone."

I know.....that's why I said they are indescribable. The Lamott quote is a neat example of self delusions because nobody else is ever truly in her mind except for her. But the illusion of not being alone gives her the ability to navigate though it must be questioned: is the landscape untouched or do we "pretty it up" during those sessions?

That's a wretched post.

Truth usually is wretched.

It's not necessary to be mean.

I don't know how to say what I see as true in the form of puppies, ice cream, and fireflies on a warm summer evening. I don't even think I want to.

Echo doesn't deserve it.

You don't know what I know.

Truth usually is wretched.

I don't know how to say what I see as true in the form of puppies, ice cream, and fireflies on a warm summer evening. I don't even think I want to.

Echo doesn't deserve it.

You don't know what I know.

There is nothing wrong with puppies, ice cream and fireflies on a warm summer evening.

It all goes back to motivation. What is the motivation for the prayer? It takes self-examination to know.

New Topics

Forum List

Back