Do you pray daily?

• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I pray, but not every day

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

King James Version (KJV)

I appreciate your sharing, but I fail to see how anyone broke can help anyone. No one said you HAD to send money to anyone and the ones I listen to do not tell you send me money and you will be healed. If that is what you hear from it then don't watch or send money but ministries or missions need money to operate and what I hear being said is that it is your judgement how much they should have. That isn't allowing God to do with YOUR TITHE the work God wants to do with it. Trust me, if you sow into good ground it comes back to you shaken together and running over. It is called BLESSING and operating in the blessing that Adam was given to start. You all really need to learn the concept of seed time and harvest but <sigh> you don't believe in prosperity so to each their own to live on the edge worried, sick, poor, and broke
I did not say what you should do Trinity. I am telling you though if God raises up an adversary (the correct meaning of what a satan is) God chooses to put that in that persons heart to be an adversary. If a preacher or teacher of the Word is teaching incorrectly God will take them down. The Lord can use an adversary to even give you a message of encouragement. Prosperity teaching does not go inline with the Word. It does however tell us to seek the Kingdom first and the rest will be added. It does not say seek to be rich first and later the kingdom will be added. Jesus specifically said you cannot serve two masters. Now on that note I can tell you Rod and I have actually made millions. We also spent it supporting the people who worked for us and with us. Don't have a dime between us most days now and I can also truthfully say I would not go back to that place and subject myself all over again just to have a bit of cash. Each us us has to make these choices and in our choices comes forth consequences; bless be the Lord who made it possible for us to have that business but when the children grew up and went out on their own it was no longer necessary.

You put your trust in sowing where you like. Personally I am going to sow mine into the showing and telling everyone I can about how the spirit works. With the knowledge of what we have today it is damn obvious that the spirit of Omri running rampant through the synagogues and churches helped take this country down a path of unrighteousness. The people allowed and willed it. The Lord gave the people their hearts desires and now many of the people are whining "this just is not fair".

Now if you want to talk about harvest. It is already here and the sickle has already been thrust in. In the spirit the Lord already laid waste to the old dead stump that was in the middle of the dying forest and the creepy crawlies have already started to scatter. The issues today are with the remnants of those who live to the flesh are left to see and experience. Those who live to His spirit will see and the blind will remain blinded as that is what direction they choose for themselves.
The people I listen to have been in ministry for over 45 years and they DO teach to seek God FIRST in all things. They always tell everyone to seek the Lord before doing anything. Never leave the house and ask God to bless your trip. Seek God first to see what He would have you do and if you should even go anywhere. I have not made millions but I can tell you that when I have sought God in those things that went well and turned out to be shocking to other people. For some reason people think the "prosperity preachers" ONLY talk about that one subject. They don't. And prosperity doesn't mean just money. It means prosperous health, relationships as well as money aspects.
Excuse me if you took that as a boast. That is not how it was intended. God gave me a job when I ask for some way to support the children when they were young. It so happened we ended up over the years that first job assisted in others being able to support their basic needs.
Again you will have to decide for your self. Search your own heart and mind for truth. I personally found I would not pay two cents for many of the celebrated preachers I came across as they taught from their own precepts on the Word and the Spirit.

I appreciate your sharing, but I fail to see how anyone broke can help anyone. No one said you HAD to send money to anyone and the ones I listen to do not tell you send me money and you will be healed. If that is what you hear from it then don't watch or send money but ministries or missions need money to operate and what I hear being said is that it is your judgement how much they should have. That isn't allowing God to do with YOUR TITHE the work God wants to do with it. Trust me, if you sow into good ground it comes back to you shaken together and running over. It is called BLESSING and operating in the blessing that Adam was given to start. You all really need to learn the concept of seed time and harvest but <sigh> you don't believe in prosperity so to each their own to live on the edge worried, sick, poor, and broke
I did not say what you should do Trinity. I am telling you though if God raises up an adversary (the correct meaning of what a satan is) God chooses to put that in that persons heart to be an adversary. If a preacher or teacher of the Word is teaching incorrectly God will take them down. The Lord can use an adversary to even give you a message of encouragement. Prosperity teaching does not go inline with the Word. It does however tell us to seek the Kingdom first and the rest will be added. It does not say seek to be rich first and later the kingdom will be added. Jesus specifically said you cannot serve two masters. Now on that note I can tell you Rod and I have actually made millions. We also spent it supporting the people who worked for us and with us. Don't have a dime between us most days now and I can also truthfully say I would not go back to that place and subject myself all over again just to have a bit of cash. Each us us has to make these choices and in our choices comes forth consequences; bless be the Lord who made it possible for us to have that business but when the children grew up and went out on their own it was no longer necessary.

You put your trust in sowing where you like. Personally I am going to sow mine into the showing and telling everyone I can about how the spirit works. With the knowledge of what we have today it is damn obvious that the spirit of Omri running rampant through the synagogues and churches helped take this country down a path of unrighteousness. The people allowed and willed it. The Lord gave the people their hearts desires and now many of the people are whining "this just is not fair".

Now if you want to talk about harvest. It is already here and the sickle has already been thrust in. In the spirit the Lord already laid waste to the old dead stump that was in the middle of the dying forest and the creepy crawlies have already started to scatter. The issues today are with the remnants of those who live to the flesh are left to see and experience. Those who live to His spirit will see and the blind will remain blinded as that is what direction they choose for themselves.
The people I listen to have been in ministry for over 45 years and they DO teach to seek God FIRST in all things. They always tell everyone to seek the Lord before doing anything. Never leave the house and ask God to bless your trip. Seek God first to see what He would have you do and if you should even go anywhere. I have not made millions but I can tell you that when I have sought God in those things that went well and turned out to be shocking to other people. For some reason people think the "prosperity preachers" ONLY talk about that one subject. They don't. And prosperity doesn't mean just money. It means prosperous health, relationships as well as money aspects.
Excuse me if you took that as a boast. That is not how it was intended. God gave me a job when I ask for some way to support the children when they were young. It so happened we ended up over the years that first job assisted in others being able to support their basic needs.
Again you will have to decide for your self. Search your own heart and mind for truth. I personally found I would not pay two cents for many of the celebrated preachers I came across as they taught from their own precepts on the Word and the Spirit.
I have listened to one in particular for about 20 years. I personally have been very blessed. If one of these people say "follow me" and "send ME money and I will heal you" that is someone to be avoided. The point I am trying to get though to you all is that if you choose to tune in, if you choose to send money and it isn't good ground (and you find that out by no blessing harvest coming your way) then it was your choice to send your money to them. Do not blame them for YOU not seeking God about it and finding out where to sow seed. If it was any other program on tv everyone would say if you do not like the message of the show turn it off but somehow this is being treated different. If one watches an infomercial are you required to buy it? Does someone come over and shake you down for the money? No. People have a wrong idea about the prosperity message. I have no idea why. Jesus talks about how the Kingdom of God works (kingdom of God being different than kingdom of heaven...very crucial point here. Kingdom of God is a process and way of doing things, kingdom of heaven is a place). Seed time and harvest is how Kingdom of God operates. I have no idea who wrote this but this explains it pretty well and doesn't drone on
The Principle Of Seed Time And Harvest
The principle of seed time and harvest is recorded in Genesis 8: 22, "While the Earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease."

God says there is a law of sowing and reaping. Look around you; everything comes from a seed! Look at the trees, the flowers, the grass, the birds, the animals, the fish, and even you!

The law of sowing and reaping applies to everything, both in the natural and the spiritual world

- If you sow love, you receive love

- If you sow hatred, you receive hatred

- If you sow criticism, you will be criticised

- If you sow encouragement, you will be encouraged

- If you sow the gospel, the result is Christians

Money was invented by man later, but represents the fruit of our labour. The law of Seedtime and Harvest applies to Money too! The Bible says this also applies to money.

This principle is confirmed in Galatians 6:7, "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap"

Beside this have none of you read about tithing all through the bible? How many people who are sick, broke, and poor have not tithed? Tithes and offerings are items (usually money but can be time, goods, services) given to God as your sacrifice because you want to give back. I think of God from a parent/child point of view. If my child gives me a gift it blesses me and in turn I want to pour blessing upon them. It doesn't have to be money. If they paint me a picture I enjoy that and make sure they have more than enough brushes, paint and paper they need. I may even get them a canvas or hey maybe they can draw too so buy colored pencils, chalks, poster boards, stickers etc...to bless them and encourage their activities. Why would one think that enters the mind of the parent? Does not God do similar things when you bless another in need? or take time out of your day to pray or read His word? If you contribute money to the spreading of the Gospel, give an offering to a cause? I think many turn a blind eye to what they receive in return for their offering and believe that it is throwing it away. Your tithe and offering are a special precious gift to give to God. Treat it as something you are excited to give. Don't give otherwise. If someone gave you a diamond ring and just threw it at you and walked off you would not receive it well, nor was it given to you with any type of meaning so therefore the gift lost value and you sure wouldn't feel like giving back to them with abundance. If your child made a picture because you ordered them to and they threw it at you then your open heart of blessing them with more supplies is not there.

I hope I am conveying a clear message here. For whatever reason people get this really wrong idea about God and televangelists. If someone gives to these people and are not blessed...or give to anyone (church you attend too) then one should be asking why there is not a harvest being reaped over some time. Best be checking with God and find out if that is bad ground

New Topics

Forum List

Back