Do you PM thanks yous for rep?

Do you send thank you PMs for rep received?

• Total voters

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
I almost never do.

(I'd probably have to hire an administrative assistant if I did. I get so much :tongue: )

But I sometimes feel I'm being impolite by not doing it since I get so many thank you PM myself.

What would Miss Manners advise?

Last edited:
It makes it a little easier now that we get the rep notice PMs. All you have to do is reply. But I still hesitate because my message storage gets filling up and I imagine I would be doing the same to others if I was to reply to the notifications.

This is the ONLY board I have ever been on that has people PMing for thanking for rep

Now I have PM'ed when I intended to send pos rep and somehow it got sent as negative.. the person understood what I had intended, giving praise for a funny post.. so all was good

I positive rep all the time, regardless of who they are. I've positive rep'd some people numerous times and never been positive rep'd in return (although sometimes I'll get a thank you), but I don't care. I also positive rep for a positive rep and negative rep for a negative rep.

I almost never do.

(I'd probably have to hire an administrative assistant if I did. I get so much :tongue: )

But I sometimes feel I'm being impolite by not doing it since I get so many thank you PM myself.

What would Miss Manners advise?

I try to, don't always, especially if I get them while at school.

I positive rep all the time, regardless of who they are. I've positive rep'd some people numerous times and never been positive rep'd in return (although sometimes I'll get a thank you), but I don't care. I also positive rep for a positive rep and negative rep for a negative rep.

I usually just rep back.

Note to self, pos rep these two guys everyday.:lol:

I see those two guy's rep going straight up fast as a result of your post. Now would be the time to invest.

I'll take pos rep as a thank you for this insider's tip.
icon10.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back