Do you play the lottery?

How much money do you spend on the lottery?

• I spend more than $16 or more a week on the lottery.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We don't have a lottery in Nevada, but when Powerball gets real big I usually get a ticket or two through somebody that will drive to AZ to get em. I have driven their myself a couple of times with a friend and we would buy a coupla hundred dollars worth of tickets for people that ask us to do so. I haven't done it in over a year though.

freeandfun1 said:
We don't have a lottery in Nevada, but when Powerball gets real big I usually get a ticket or two through somebody that will drive to AZ to get em. I have driven their myself a couple of times with a friend and we would buy a coupla hundred dollars worth of tickets for people that ask us to do so. I haven't done it in over a year though.
Hahahahaha....freeandfun1, Nevada is the lottery. :)

The way I see it, I give too much money to New York State as it is. The odds of winning are less than those of being eaten by a dinosaur. The sad thing is that the people I always see playing these meaningless games are old people and people who are obviously poor or lower class, the very people who shouldn't be thowing their money away on such things.

But.... if anyone on the board wants to spend their money foolishly, just send the money to me and I'll put it to good use! I'll give you a few choices

1. The Karl Marx Lawn Fund --- here's you chance to battle crabgrass! Be part of the effort to wipe out this scourge of suburbia!

2. The Karl Marx New Furnace Fund ---- here's your chance to make the world a better place by helping me pay for an energy efficient furnace!

3. The Karl Marx Kids College Fund --- help my kids go to college, drink heavily, party a lot (just like the rest of us who went to college did!) and occassionally attend class.

4. Our Lady of the Lava Lamp ---- for a small donation, I will light my lava lamp on behalf of your loved ones (dead or alive). Hurry! Time slots are filling up!

KarlMarx said:
The way I see it, I give too much money to New York State as it is. The odds of winning are less than those of being eaten by a dinosaur. The sad thing is that the people I always see playing these meaningless games are old people and people who are obviously poor or lower class, the very people who shouldn't be thowing their money away on such things.

But.... if anyone on the board wants to spend their money foolishly, just send the money to me and I'll put it to good use! I'll give you a few choices

1. The Karl Marx Lawn Fund --- here's you chance to battle crabgrass! Be part of the effort to wipe out this scourge of suburbia!

2. The Karl Marx New Furnace Fund ---- here's your chance to make the world a better place by helping me pay for an energy efficient furnace!

3. The Karl Marx Kids College Fund --- help my kids go to college, drink heavily, party a lot (just like the rest of us who went to college did!) and occassionally attend class.

4. Our Lady of the Lava Lamp ---- for a small donation, I will light my lava lamp on behalf of your loved ones (dead or alive). Hurry! Time slots are filling up!

Oh, that last one hooked me. Where do I sign up?

CivilLiberty said:
The lottery is a tax on the statistically ignorant...

...of course if it gets way up there, a dollar is cheap for "hope"...

A

You don't have too much fun in life, do you? Sometimes you have to just stop looking at "statistics", and just go with the flow. Live a little. It won't kill you.

An FYI for you scratch off ticket buyers.
On the local news last night there was a story on the high price $5-$10
tickets. It seems that here in Georgia after all the winning tickets are cashed in they continue to sell the rest of the tickets. This means you have ZERO chance of the big win.
The report told of other states that do the same and others that stop selling a game when
all the winnings are claimed.

Mr. P said:
An FYI for you scratch off ticket buyers.
On the local news last night there was a story on the high price $5-$10
tickets. It seems that here in Georgia after all the winning tickets are cashed in they continue to sell the rest of the tickets. This means you have ZERO chance of the big win.
The report told of other states that do the same and others that stop selling a game when
all the winnings are claimed.

well that blows!!!! :mad:

There's nothing wrong with playing the lottery as long as you're not including the prospect of winning in your financial planning and the money you spend does not deprive you or your family of things they need.

It's a little harmless gambling, done for recreational purposes. It doesn't have to be characterized as "stupid".

For those who now think that I'm an avid lottery player - guess again. I might throw away 40 - 60 bucks per year (if that much). The main reason I don't play more is that I'm too damn cheap.

Forum List

Back