Do you play the lottery?

How much money do you spend on the lottery?

• I spend more than $16 or more a week on the lottery.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
Most people call it the lottery, some call it the Stupid Tax, but whatever you call it, do you play it?

And I mean, the pick 3, the pick 4, the mega ball, the pick eleventeen, the scratch-off tickets, all of it.

it shouldn't be called the 'stupid tax' because MOST people know what happens to your money if you don't win. 25+% of every lottery dollar spent here goes towards environemental stuff. the rest...who knows. i don't really care. but if i end up with the winning numbers, those who told me i was stupid (to play the lottery) before, don't get any.

if i won the lottery (depending on how much), i would send all of you checks for a decent amount.

Sometimes. Use to more than I do now.
Our lottery is suppose to help benefit our schools. Don't understand all the eliminating of programs; or if they keep them it costs the parents so much money to have their child participate. Hmmm, wonder where all that money goes?

If it gets over 100 million, I'll spend $5 on it.. Usually get a buck or two back.

Scratch off tickets.. eh.. Maybe once every few months I'll blow $10..

Bingo.. Bingo is profitable as all hell.. :D:D

I'm not opposed to gambling or anything. I enjoy penny-ante poker or a football card. But I am vehemently opposed to giving the state one more @#$%^%&* nickel than I have to!

It's not a tax on people who are bad at math. It's a tax on the oppressed working class with no hope of becoming wealthy aside from playing the lottery, but by the, way, also happen to be bad at math.

:teeth:

musicman said:
I'm not opposed to gambling or anything. I enjoy penny-ante poker or a football card. But I am vehemently opposed to giving the state one more @#$%^%&* nickel than I have to!

No more video poker for you, musicman! :)

I'm willing to spend $5.00 each week to play. Afterall, sometimes there is a winner, and it could be ME! :) Won enough one time to purchase four new tires for my car. Supposedly, lottery money in our state goes to rebuilt roads and bridges and assist education, so I'm willing to help out in that regard.

Shattered said:
If it gets over 100 million, I'll spend $5 on it.. Usually get a buck or two back.

Scratch off tickets.. eh.. Maybe once every few months I'll blow $10..

Bingo.. Bingo is profitable as all hell.. :D:D

That's about what I do.

what i think is funny is when people who say, when its just rolled and its like 10 mil, "thats not enought for me to play..."
like its an insult or something. i mean, its this opposed to whatever millions you had prior to winning?
i only play when it gets bigger, but its more of a poor memory then anything else. i forget like you wouldnt believe

Only when it gets high....

...the way I see it (be prepared for new math!), I have a 50% chance of winning, if I buy some tickets. I will either win or I won't...50/50, right?

...and now, I am certain someone will point out how flawed my reasoning is....

Fmr jarhead said:
Only when it gets high....

...the way I see it (be prepared for new math!), I have a 50% chance of winning, if I buy some tickets. I will either win or I won't...50/50, right?

...and now, I am certain someone will point out how flawed my reasoning is....
nope, sound reasoning as far as i can see...lol

Zhukov said:
Most people call it the lottery, some call it the Stupid Tax, but whatever you call it, do you play it?

And I mean, the pick 3, the pick 4, the mega ball, the pick eleventeen, the scratch-off tickets, all of it.

I play the lottery, usually I go in with my parents on that, as they drive to PA as well to get the tickets...I like the scratch-offs, especially now as we have a new one that pays five thousand a week for life. Here's hoping with fingers crossed

Forum List

Back