Do you play a musical instrument ?

My 13th birthday present was a piano and my parents hide it in the living room. It was in there for a week. They told me not to go into the living room so I didn't and yes, I was drop-jaw surprised. I took lessons all through high school then stopped. I tried starting up again in my early 20's but the teacher asked me out. Took me to a Dan Fogelberg concert. That was great but I didn't like him and felt weird going back for lessons. That was a long time ago . . . .
I really liked playing classical music. I liked it's organization and how it felt (literally how it felt to my fingers) to play.. . .kinda hard to explain.

Jillian, what's an epiphone?

A song I wrote in the mid-80s. Me singing and all instruments, except for the bass, played by my buddy Charlie.

This is an MP3 ripped from a 25-year-old cassette that was recorded on a deck with badly magnetized heads. Quality is teh suxxors.

WOW Way cool Dave! Serious..

(and here i thought you played bass - not so serious...but I think you get it :lol:)

I've been playing guitar (acoustic and electric) since H.S. Recently I bought an electronic keyboard and I'm giving that a shot. One things for certain, music theory is much easier to understand on a piano.

Have you seen the online keyboards and drums you can program & record? Pretty cool stuff coming from technology these days.

Sorry. I didn't realize the topic had changed to a grade-school pissing match.

I thought you were taking one for the team and trying to get us back on message.

I just saw the title, had something to say that was on topic and was tired of politics after the speeeeeech tonight so I decided to jump in prior to reading all the posts.

It'll happen again 'cause that's how I roll. :cool:

I've been tapping out that rhythm on the drums since the early 1960s.

chrisadlermastersplace.jpg

Last edited:

A song I wrote in the mid-80s. Me singing and all instruments, except for the bass, played by my buddy Charlie.

This is an MP3 ripped from a 25-year-old cassette that was recorded on a deck with badly magnetized heads. Quality is teh suxxors.

WOW Way cool Dave! Serious..
Thankee right kindly, ma'am. *tips hat*
(and here i thought you played bass - not so serious...but I think you get it :lol:)
Oh, no. I'm well aware of my musical limitations -- unlike some people. :lol:

Sorry. I didn't realize the topic had changed to a grade-school pissing match.

I thought you were taking one for the team and trying to get us back on message.

I just saw the title, had something to say that was on topic and was tired of politics after the speeeeeech tonight so I decided to jump in prior to reading all the posts.

It'll happen again 'cause that's how I roll. :cool:

rock on, bro.

My 13th birthday present was a piano and my parents hide it in the living room. It was in there for a week. They told me not to go into the living room so I didn't and yes, I was drop-jaw surprised. I took lessons all through high school then stopped. I tried starting up again in my early 20's but the teacher asked me out. Took me to a Dan Fogelberg concert. That was great but I didn't like him and felt weird going back for lessons. That was a long time ago . . . .
I really liked playing classical music. I liked it's organization and how it felt (literally how it felt to my fingers) to play.. . .kinda hard to explain.

Have you heard of Omar AKram on You tube? He has a few albums worth of great classical style music.

DSC_0688.JPG

Long ago we used to do the Philly Folk Fest and the Hudson River Revival. Our friends all played instruments and the hubs would just pick up a pair of spoons and play. One of our friends, who was originally an extremely talented woodworker, started his own musical instrument business and invented the Cat Paws (his last name is Catania, nick name Cat), which are wooden spoons. Fishsticks are for the kiddies.

catpawtube.jpg

fishstix.jpg

DSC_0688.JPG

:lol: You learn something new every day!

DSC_0688.JPG

That's a nice 6-String instrument J. So what do you play? I play rock & Western rhythm.

I am thinking of buying one of those large Mexican bass guitars. I have always liked the way they look. Prolly couldn't play it, but it will look nice on my wall. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back