Do you play a musical instrument ?

Guitar - 34 years

Piano - 42 years

I made my beer money in college playing bars and weddings. Hey to Kat and The Booth! :)

Keyboards, since '84 or so. This is in '86 or '87:

daveamericanthunder6yh.jpg

Keyboards, since '84 or so. This is in '86 or '87:

daveamericanthunder6yh.jpg
Roland JX-8P, correct? Mine is sitting out in the garage, freezing it's little keys off.

Yup, an -8P. I don't remember what the top one was. Definitely a Roland product, though.

When I quit the band I had an RD-300s digital piano, S-10 sampler, SH-101, D-10 workstation (all Rolands), and a Korg CX-3 sitting on two Invisible keyboard stands, all feeding a Peavey 12-channel board and a CS-800 amp. There were professional touring musicians that didn't have as much gear as I did bangin' out three-chord rock and roll in my little hobby garage band. :tongue:

My favorite, though, was a Jupiter-8 that I bought on the phone from a music store in NYC. They told me it had been used by Foreigner. Dunno if it was true or not, but man, that thing sounded fat.

I've been playing guitar (acoustic and electric) since H.S. Recently I bought an electronic keyboard and I'm giving that a shot. One things for certain, music theory is much easier to understand on a piano.

I've been playing guitar (acoustic and electric) since H.S. Recently I bought an electronic keyboard and I'm giving that a shot. One things for certain, music theory is much easier to understand on a piano.

Oh, hell yes. I'd been playing keyboards for several years and decided I'd try guitar. Way too confusing. I couldn't "see" where the notes were on the fretboard, not like on the keyboard. So I switched to bass...fewer strings and you only play one note at a time. :tongue: Still couldn't get it, so I stuck with keyboards. :lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back