Do you pay bums to go away?

Who do you know that would let their grandfather live on the street? Poor comparison. Try harder.

Do YOU give out handfuls of cash every time someone asks you for some? If so, I want your job. I make damned good money, and I sure as hell can't afford to do that.

some of those men are someones grandfather! I have an uncle that will not accept help for anyone even though my family has tried many times, he is a drug addict mostly due to the fact he is self medicating because of mental illness. Sometimes people do not have a choice if their relative lives on the street, do you really think that every homeless person has no family.
And who said anything about handing out handfuls of cash, what is even the point of that comment?

Uh, YOU did, Tinkerbell. "And, this lady..."

So, your uncle is homeless, and you're not doing anything about it? Or... your uncle has a place to live, and manages to get his drugs for "self medication", and just doesn't want your intervention with that? Because I can't think of a single homeless person that would refuse a place to sleep that's not under a bush, and a meal.
I never said she hands out handfuls of cash, I said she keeps cash in her car meaning she keeps a couple of bucks here and there.
And as for my uncle he is an adult and who knows where he lives because he doesn't want help. And many homeless people choose to sleep under a bush instead of shelter or use help from family members.

some of those men are someones grandfather! I have an uncle that will not accept help for anyone even though my family has tried many times, he is a drug addict mostly due to the fact he is self medicating because of mental illness. Sometimes people do not have a choice if their relative lives on the street, do you really think that every homeless person has no family.
And who said anything about handing out handfuls of cash, what is even the point of that comment?

Uh, YOU did, Tinkerbell. "And, this lady..."

So, your uncle is homeless, and you're not doing anything about it? Or... your uncle has a place to live, and manages to get his drugs for "self medication", and just doesn't want your intervention with that? Because I can't think of a single homeless person that would refuse a place to sleep that's not under a bush, and a meal.
I never said she hands out handfuls of cash, I said she keeps cash in her car meaning she keeps a couple of bucks here and there.
And as for my uncle he is an adult and who knows where he lives because he doesn't want help. And many homeless people choose to sleep under a bush instead of shelter or use help from family members.

When I traveled in Nepal and India there were many beggars. I always made offerings to them.

At a certain point, my partner had to put me on a budget or we wouldn't have gotten back home. I got to the point that I gave half of every meal I ate to someone outside the restaurant.

Yes, I give money to homeless people.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back