Do you or have you gone to your high school reunion

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
My 30th reunion is coming up AACK. Im old. lol .. to the school I went to in PA. I did not graduate from there . I moved the last month of my junior year but went to that same school from first grade to my junior year ( minus a month)

The reason we moved is because my dad went into the federal witness program ( He turned in drug dealers in PA , I have posted this story awhile back you can read about it under the title is there something someone would never know about you or something like that) and the only reason I can say it now is that everyone involved in the bust is dead or in their 80s or 90s.. The school I went to in PA was very small. If I had graduated from there our class was less then 200 people. I have reconnected with all my old friends and they said they are inviting me even though I did not technically graduate from there. That I was in that school way more then the school I graduated from which was HUGE and I will always be in the class of 83 alumni in the school in PA.

Talk about culture shock , I went from a 200 person class to a class that had almost 1200 kids in it.. I went from an all white school ,to a school that I was defiantly the minority. Only 5 percent was white.. 80 percent black and 15 percent Vietnamese I dont even remember but about 2 people I graduated with at the school in New Orleans .. I mean I remember others of them vaguely but if I would pass them on the street I would not know them. The kids from my PA school I would know. I know their families, I mean it was town that everyone knew everyone.. I want to go to the reunion but then feel I did not graduate there should I.(even though I was invited.) I have almost a year to decide . My best friend from there said she would come down and drag me up there. I never been to any others but those were before Facebook and I have connected with many old friends since the last one lol .. Would you go or have you gone to your high school reunions?

I also love the fact that all my best friends from PA all turned out to be REP even though ALL of us grew up in Democratic homes LOL

Last edited:
hell, i have nightmares about they find out i am lacking a high school credit and have to go back to high school....i have not nor will i ever attend a high school reunion....

for many of us...high school was simple another level of hell....i got zero good memories of the high school years...

I went to my 40TH! Class reunion last summer, and i was so glad i did! I hadn't been to any of them, and thought that i might as well do this one, there might not be any more for me :). What helped was one of my classmates set up a facebook page for it. So i was able to see quite a few of my old friends that i hadn't seen in 40 years...that helped tremendously when we went to the reunion, i didn't have to guess who some of them were...after 40 yrs people can change a LOT! Lol! What helped too was they made name tags with pictures from our Senior year so you could tell right away who they were. One of the girls and i decided to switch tags for awhile, that messed a few people up! Lol!

Now some of my old friends and i stay in contact all the time, through Facebook. You won't regret going to your reunion!

Oh by the way....i have a BIL that was under the Witness protection program for the same reason as your dad. Problem with mine tho was that my husbands family was never real close. My husband hadn't seen or heard from him since the early 70's. It was about 1998 that he contacted us. We saw him once then we've just stayed away from him, don't even know if he's still alive. It's sad, but my husband didn't want to take any chances that ANYONE could still be looking for him.

Went to my 10th,was bored out of my skull,skipped 20th and 30th see no need to go.

The 10 yr one really isn't that big a deal....you should at least go to your 40th, it's fun to see what some of the people ended up doing with their lives. Some can be pretty surprising!

Went to my 10th,was bored out of my skull,skipped 20th and 30th see no need to go.

The 10 yr one really isn't that big a deal....you should at least go to your 40th, it's fun to see what some of the people ended up doing with their lives. Some can be pretty surprising!

they are all on facebook with 30 yr old profile pics lol i am sorry.....i see people on fb and i am so glad i dont have to see them in reality.....i just lurk on my hubbys profile

Hell yeah, go. You won't regret it.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Our 40th is scheduled for next year. That is, if anyone is working on it.
We had a couple of good ones and I went to both. What a hoot.

I did attend one small H.S. as a freshman and I would definately go to a reunion if they had one.
Guess I'm just a social gadfly. :D

I have attended the 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th and 50th reunions of my class.,,,had a great time at each one. I was in a class of about 200. I will try to go the the 60th in 2021 just to see who might win the "Most Likely to be The Last One Standing" award.

hell, i have nightmares about they find out i am lacking a high school credit and have to go back to high school....i have not nor will i ever attend a high school reunion....

for many of us...high school was simple another level of hell....i got zero good memories of the high school years...

My high school experience wasn't that bad but I have no desire to go to a re-union either, I have pretty much lost touch with everyone except for 1 girl plus I went to school in Kansas City and I live in Birmingham now, its not happening.

Never been to one of my high school reunions. In fact, except for a visit from an old friend way back in 1976, I have not even seen anybody I went to high school with. I live in the mid-west. I went to high school in southeastern Virginia. Chance of me running into an old class mate is very remote.

My ten year reunion happened in 2010, but I did not go because of my being afraid of what I may have found out. A few years earlier I found one of my favorite teachers (my senior English teacher) in the obituaries and so I was afraid that I would only find out more bad news had I gone to my reunion. :( :( :(

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

My 30th was this year, but I didn't go.

And after seeing the pictures, I can't say I regret it, looked like a dead bore. Maybe I'll go next year. Or maybe not.

No. My 30th was last week. I've never been to any of them. I never went to proms when I was in high school. My family and a trucking company and I was working. Now I don't care to see people from 30 years ago. It's the same reason I don't waste my time on facebook. If they were important to me I wouldn't have lost touch with them.

My 30th was this year, but I didn't go.

And after seeing the pictures, I can't say I regret it, looked like a dead bore. Maybe I'll go next year. Or maybe not.

My 30th was last week. I didn't go, but my friends sent me pictures. I couldn't recognize a single person, until I started placing the names with how their parents looked 30 years ago.

Forum List

Back