Do You Live Beyond Your Means?

Yeah we got rid of all credit cards! They are evil you know! When I go into a store and pick something up on impulse...I now step back and put the shit back on the shelf and say to myself..."Self you really don't need that crap"

My husband has been really pleased with me! We still have our boat to pay for too...but that doesn't cost much a month.

I "live better than my means" ... basically, in spite of living on a budget, I still manage to enjoy life without ever having to use credit (fake money).

That's basically where I'm at. I live quite well. I'm on a budget but yet I have a pretty decent cud of money I can blow each month. But, thankfully, it's cheap to live where I live, I don't have to drive anywhere everyday like commuting to a job, and I have a huge garden in the back yard already giving up it's fruit. Life is good. But I don't know for how long. Obama has messed up some pretty serious shit lately. We have a national debt that scares the shit otta the rest of the world. The Feds are completely out of control and no one cares, so even if you are surviving... how much longer do you think you will?

The biggest money saver in the world is to use the bus, walk, or bicycle. My area isn't cheap to live, but I get good tech when I want it, build a lot of it myself but meh. My internet service is the second most expensive bill, rent the first of course. Sometimes I have to get a payday advance, but I pay those off right away and the interest is calculated into it already, so meh. With the feds currently I am trying to put all my money into tech equipment, since they will likely not depreciate as much as anything else at the rate we're going. But I am not saving money in the bank, why bother, since it won't be worth anything unless some serious change happens. Just when I start getting my life going ... we get another 4 years of Bush ... erm .. I mean 4 years of Obama.

or own your cars for 10 years or more....that's when we really became liquid and started to put away some money...we own one car that is fairly new and one car that is now 15 years old....getting close to the time to replace that one with a new one, and then run our other fairly new car in to the ground....:) I don't really care about the age of my car....i don't have to go to work now, need to use it minimally....so, if it runs, i'm A-OK! :D

care

That's basically where I'm at. I live quite well. I'm on a budget but yet I have a pretty decent cud of money I can blow each month. But, thankfully, it's cheap to live where I live, I don't have to drive anywhere everyday like commuting to a job, and I have a huge garden in the back yard already giving up it's fruit. Life is good. But I don't know for how long. Obama has messed up some pretty serious shit lately. We have a national debt that scares the shit otta the rest of the world. The Feds are completely out of control and no one cares, so even if you are surviving... how much longer do you think you will?

The biggest money saver in the world is to use the bus, walk, or bicycle. My area isn't cheap to live, but I get good tech when I want it, build a lot of it myself but meh. My internet service is the second most expensive bill, rent the first of course. Sometimes I have to get a payday advance, but I pay those off right away and the interest is calculated into it already, so meh. With the feds currently I am trying to put all my money into tech equipment, since they will likely not depreciate as much as anything else at the rate we're going. But I am not saving money in the bank, why bother, since it won't be worth anything unless some serious change happens. Just when I start getting my life going ... we get another 4 years of Bush ... erm .. I mean 4 years of Obama.

or own your cars for 10 years or more....that's when we really became liquid and started to put away some money...we own one car that is fairly new and one car that is now 15 years old....getting close to the time to replace that one with a new one, and then run our other fairly new car in to the ground....:) I don't really care about the age of my car....i don't have to go to work now, need to use it minimally....so, if it runs, i'm A-OK! :D

care
your 15 year old car how many miles does it have on it...like 11000000 miles...LOL

I couldn't resist

I'm not worried for if the worst happens let the Gov take it all...nothing I can do about it so why worry. I'll go on.

I wouldn't recommend having any kids either.

And you don't need a crystal ball to see how bad things are, or how large obama and company has grown our debt. Who's going to pay that? Why won't we audit the Federal Reserve?

Yeah we have massive debt that Obama has grown but I remind you that none of this just fell out of the sky on Jan. 20, 2009. If you want to take a look at who got us here then I direct you to the prior administration.

I'm down with auditing the Fed, that's just fine by me.

Yes things weren't that rosey under bush either A15, but it's not entirely all his fault either. But that 100% separate from obama growing the debt four fold in less than 100 days. He's spent us into certain debt death. The next generation will be paying 50% of their income in taxes just to pay the interest. They're doomed, and THAT is obama's fault. Not bush's.

Ron Paul has a bill right how that needs support to audit the Fed, which has NEVER, since it's illegal beginning, been done.

I have no allusions that we are ever going to actually pay off the debt. Four fold in the first 100 days? That sounds a little exaggerated to me. Perhaps you are taking projections that span a decade or more and applying them to the beginning of the admin? Check out this link that I found here ... it's a fun little tool.

Unfortunately for Dr. Paul (and the rest of us) he doesn't have many friends in Congress. I suspect they are all too scared to actually open up the Fed's books for fear of what's inside.

Yeah we have massive debt that Obama has grown but I remind you that none of this just fell out of the sky on Jan. 20, 2009. If you want to take a look at who got us here then I direct you to the prior administration.

I'm down with auditing the Fed, that's just fine by me.

Yes things weren't that rosey under bush either A15, but it's not entirely all his fault either. But that 100% separate from obama growing the debt four fold in less than 100 days. He's spent us into certain debt death. The next generation will be paying 50% of their income in taxes just to pay the interest. They're doomed, and THAT is obama's fault. Not bush's.

Ron Paul has a bill right how that needs support to audit the Fed, which has NEVER, since it's illegal beginning, been done.

I have no allusions that we are ever going to actually pay off the debt. Four fold in the first 100 days? That sounds a little exaggerated to me. Perhaps you are taking projections that span a decade or more an applying them to the beginning of the admin? Check out this link that I found here ... it's a fun little tool.

Unfortunately for Dr. Paul (and the rest of us) he doesn't have many friends in Congress. I suspect they are all too scared to actually open up the Fed's books for fear of what's inside.
and what makes you think the feds hasn't found a way to cook those books after all they control the worlds money

Yeah we got rid of all credit cards! They are evil you know! When I go into a store and pick something up on impulse...I now step back and put the shit back on the shelf and say to myself..."Self you really don't need that crap"

My husband has been really pleased with me! We still have our boat to pay for too...but that doesn't cost much a month.

I do too. I used to just grab stuff off the shelf and throw it in the cart. I never gave any thought to how much I was spending. That's when I was making three times what I am now. Yeah it's a lot cheaper to live here than where I was, I still live pretty well. My only toy is my Harley, and that costs me around $400 a month to make the payment and the insurance. Getting close to paying that off though, and the truck about the same time. That'll be another $650 a month in my pocket.

I have no allusions that we are ever going to actually pay off the debt. Four fold in the first 100 days? That sounds a little exaggerated to me. Perhaps you are taking projections that span a decade or more an applying them to the beginning of the admin? Check out this link that I found here ... it's a fun little tool.

and what makes you think the feds hasn't found a way to cook those books after all they control the worlds money

Maybe they have. A good roto routering of their books though would show it if they are cooked. THAT'S what everyone is afraid of. No?

care
your 15 year old car how many miles does it have on it...like 11000000 miles...LOL

I couldn't resist

believe it or not, i don't even think it has hit 100,000 miles yet....

i haven't worked in years and the post office, dentist, grocer, other stores etc are 1-3 miles.... if we go out together we use the newer car.... i know i put less than 500-1000 miles on it a year! If the outside wasn't getting rust on it from where it was scratched or where the salt from roads hit it, it would probably go another 10 years!!!! :lol:

care

I couldn't resist

i haven't worked in years and the post office, dentist, grocer, other stores etc are 1-3 miles.... if we go out together we use the newer car.... i know i put less than 500-1000 miles on it a year! If the outside wasn't getting rust on it from where it was scratched or where the salt from roads hit it, it would probably go another 10 years!!!! :lol:

you mean 11 years right...LOL

I couldn't resist

you mean 11 years right...LOL

:lol::lol::lol: Beeeetch!!!! :eek:

i was slow on your initial post terry(11 million, but you did well in pointing it out by the second one! :lol:

i was slow on your initial post terry(11 million, but you did well in pointing it out by the second one! :lol:
*laughing* I have been laughing ever since my first post and knew it went over your head. Too funny...I couldn't resist it. Sorry but I had a great laugh. (with you I hope)

I live within my means. I am able to save between $500.00 and $750.00 per month on top of it. I do use credit cards because I rarely carry more than $50.00 in cash but the credit cards are paid off in full when the bill comes in. The Obama situation has not had a great impact on me or my lifestyle as of yet but I am sure that taxes are going to be raised.

...I have a huge garden in the back yard already giving up it's fruit. Life is good. But I don't know for how long.

Obama is going to start forcing you to give up some of the fruit from your garden. It is called the Federal Community Garden Redistribution Mandate.

...I have a huge garden in the back yard already giving up it's fruit. Life is good. But I don't know for how long.

Obama is going to start forcing you to give up some of the fruit from your garden. It is called the Federal Community Garden Redistribution Mandate.

I've heard of that, and I'm ready. The first obama agent that shows up expecting to raid my garden is going to get an ass full of double-ott buck shot... :badgrin:

We live within our budget. Owe nothing. 2 small homes both paid for we rent one, two cars both paid for my toyota avalon is a 2000 model with 40 thousand miles on it, so she's good to go for many many more years, we own a Vespa for running around on and a ford truck to haul the fishing boats. we live in a state who constitutionally cannot levey a state tax.:eusa_pray: I'ts wam all year around so the only time electric bill shoots up is July through Oct. from late Oct to mid June we hardly run anything. we grow a garden winter and summmer,, winter is planted in greens, collards, turnips, mustard and cabbages, we have people stop buy and want to buy them,, hubby just gives them a batch summer we grow a little corn, tomatoes, squash and he's pulling up tiny red "new" potatoes. we have red and green peppers.. we have a huge pecan tree in the front yard and in the back a baby tangerine tree with 5 little tangerines.. we also have two lemon trees. my husband is an avid fisherman he fishes both salt and fresh water..so we get lots of good fresh fish..all the time and we live 4 blocks from the docks so can walk down any day of the week and buy shrimp right off the boats..we really have nothing to complain about except a crooked face! The only bank I will deal with is a credit union..

both cars paid for....home paid for....i got a little behind when construction bottomed out....i was working but only making a 1/3 rd of what he made. we live in a small area, where people shared what they have..when my master cylinder when out...a friend of mine when and got one for me and got it on his business account...we heat with wood...got to vermount castings stoves....wood is free..

we have a large garden and do a lot of canning....have a chest freezer etc.

and today is the last day of my suck ass job at the beer store....

i took out a loan right before the crash and paid all everything i could. its a 4 yr long with a set interest ...if i miss a payment....all i pay are late fees..the interest stays the same...

i have one credit card that is locked in at 3.99% or 4 as we say...they write me this letter saying if i want to keep the card...my rate would be 22%...i called them and told them i was a lock in rate and would be more than happy to cancell that card. so now all i have to do is pay off the balance at the locked in rate. then there is my vet bill card..has about a grand on it..but i hit it had each month i never pay just the min.

i dont feel any better or any worst...

pale....i do use to not count pennies at the grocery store...now i check all three stores in the area for sales...i no longer get fresh dates...that is probably the food i miss the most....of the not really needed stuff...i had to cut back on the bon bons

Forum List

Back