Do You Live Beyond Your Means?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Are you sitting on a pile of cash and have no worries what so ever, or do you live on a budget and generally the money is gone by the time the next pay check comes, or do have more money going out than you have coming in? Lastly, how is what obama is doing effecting your situation?

I live well within my means.

The Obama administration isn't effecting my situation at all.

My money is generally gone by the next paycheck, and that's just paying the monthly bills.

Our state now has mandatory furloughs for the higher levels of workers/supervisors, has just changed back employment related daycare (the standard for qualification had gone from 130 percent of the FPL to 185 percent....the same as foodstamps. But now the standard is 130 percent. Again.)

In other words, they're punishing the working.

And if we do as Obama likes and we start having to pay taxes on the cost of our employer-provided healthcare, you will have a major problem as man state workers would be reduced to true poverty then.

Also our union just had to fight with the state to keep our benefits as they are to begin with. So we're either going to lose them, or have to pay for them.

And if we do as Obama likes and we start having to pay taxes on the cost of our employer-provided healthcare, you will have a major problem as man state workers would be reduced to true poverty then.

Also our union just had to fight with the state to keep our benefits as they are to begin with. So we're either going to lose them, or have to pay for them.

What union is that AB?

I live beyond my means mostly because I took out loans to go to school. Once my investment provides returns however, I should be in good shape.

I "live better than my means" ... basically, in spite of living on a budget, I still manage to enjoy life without ever having to use credit (fake money).

pay bills but if I go to the store and see something I want I can buy it if I want to, but I haven't been doing that. We have debt but are paying it off asap. In two years we should be debt free besides mortagage.

I "live better than my means" ... basically, in spite of living on a budget, I still manage to enjoy life without ever having to use credit (fake money).

That's basically where I'm at. I live quite well. I'm on a budget but yet I have a pretty decent cud of money I can blow each month. But, thankfully, it's cheap to live where I live, I don't have to drive anywhere everyday like commuting to a job, and I have a huge garden in the back yard already giving up it's fruit. Life is good. But I don't know for how long. Obama has messed up some pretty serious shit lately. We have a national debt that scares the shit otta the rest of the world. The Feds are completely out of control and no one cares, so even if you are surviving... how much longer do you think you will?

pay bills but if I go to the store and see something I want I can buy it if I want to, but I haven't been doing that. We have debt but are paying it off asap. In two years we should be debt free besides mortagage.

I haven't bought many "toys" lately, and I cut up every credit card I had. I missed one payment on one card, caught it up, but they still jacked up my interest rate. The other cards saw that happen so they all jacked up my interest rate as well. Scummy asshole credit companies. FUCK - THEM - ALL! From now on when I buy something it's going to be with good old fashioned CASH!

What about your children, and their children?

I dunno.

I don't have any kids nor do I have a crystal ball.

I wouldn't recommend having any kids either.

And you don't need a crystal ball to see how bad things are, or how large obama and company has grown our debt. Who's going to pay that? Why won't we audit the Federal Reserve?

Yeah we have massive debt that Obama has grown but I remind you that none of this just fell out of the sky on Jan. 20, 2009. If you want to take a look at who got us here then I direct you to the prior administration.

I'm down with auditing the Fed, that's just fine by me.

we are debt free, own both cars and home outright too....

however, we are barely making it month to month without worry of having to hit the rainy day savings...i don't work, matt works partime, like 32 hours a week....so he is semi retired....both of us by choice and young for it.... we are doing fine, tightened our belts a bit....

but if matt were to lose his job....we'd have to hit true old age retirement savings in just a few months....buying and stocking some food now, while we can afford it...in case though.

Obama hasn't affected our lives....

care

That's basically where I'm at. I live quite well. I'm on a budget but yet I have a pretty decent cud of money I can blow each month. But, thankfully, it's cheap to live where I live, I don't have to drive anywhere everyday like commuting to a job, and I have a huge garden in the back yard already giving up it's fruit. Life is good. But I don't know for how long. Obama has messed up some pretty serious shit lately. We have a national debt that scares the shit otta the rest of the world. The Feds are completely out of control and no one cares, so even if you are surviving... how much longer do you think you will?

The biggest money saver in the world is to use the bus, walk, or bicycle. My area isn't cheap to live, but I get good tech when I want it, build a lot of it myself but meh. My internet service is the second most expensive bill, rent the first of course. Sometimes I have to get a payday advance, but I pay those off right away and the interest is calculated into it already, so meh. With the feds currently I am trying to put all my money into tech equipment, since they will likely not depreciate as much as anything else at the rate we're going. But I am not saving money in the bank, why bother, since it won't be worth anything unless some serious change happens. Just when I start getting my life going ... we get another 4 years of Bush ... erm .. I mean 4 years of Obama.

I dunno.

I don't have any kids nor do I have a crystal ball.

I wouldn't recommend having any kids either.

And you don't need a crystal ball to see how bad things are, or how large obama and company has grown our debt. Who's going to pay that? Why won't we audit the Federal Reserve?

Yeah we have massive debt that Obama has grown but I remind you that none of this just fell out of the sky on Jan. 20, 2009. If you want to take a look at who got us here then I direct you to the prior administration.

I'm down with auditing the Fed, that's just fine by me.

Yes things weren't that rosey under bush either A15, but it's not entirely all his fault either. But that 100% separate from obama growing the debt four fold in less than 100 days. He's spent us into certain debt death. The next generation will be paying 50% of their income in taxes just to pay the interest. They're doomed, and THAT is obama's fault. Not bush's.

Ron Paul has a bill right how that needs support to audit the Fed, which has NEVER, since it's illegal beginning, been done.

The biggest money saver in the world is to use the bus, walk, or bicycle. My area isn't cheap to live, but I get good tech when I want it, build a lot of it myself but meh. My internet service is the second most expensive bill, rent the first of course. Sometimes I have to get a payday advance, but I pay those off right away and the interest is calculated into it already, so meh. With the feds currently I am trying to put all my money into tech equipment, since they will likely not depreciate as much as anything else at the rate we're going. But I am not saving money in the bank, why bother, since it won't be worth anything unless some serious change happens. Just when I start getting my life going ... we get another 4 years of Bush ... erm .. I mean 4 years of Obama.

I don't keep money in the bank either KK. I have no bonds, no 401K, no stocks, no CD's, no savings account, no anything like that. I refuse to let anyone else handle my money in this day and age. I hide my money, and usually keep less than $1,000 in my checking account.

Forum List

Back