Do you like your iphone?

The NSA do.

Apple insists it did not work with NSA to create iPhone backdoor program | Technology | theguardian.com

Apple say they knew nothing about it and the NSA did all on their own.
Of course, they'd never admit to allowing the NSA to spy on their customers.

Oh, they have.

Apple, along with its peers, has consistently denied working with the NSA unless it has been legally compelled to do so.

Maybe most of them don't know and it is secret and the ones defending Apple at Apple don't know.

Think I'm one of the last Americans who's never owned, nor plans to ever own, a cellphone or other portable e-device. :) Enjoy going out and getting away from ringing phones, why in the world would I wanna bring the annoyance with me? :)

Think I'm one of the last Americans who's never owned, nor plans to ever own, a cellphone or other portable e-device. :) Enjoy going out and getting away from ringing phones, why in the world would I wanna bring the annoyance with me? :)

There are less and less pay phones to call for an emergency these days. I was on vacation and without a cell phone, I wouldn't have known my mother was dying and there are fewer ways to get the police right away when you are in a car accident. One time I broke down on the road and I had to walk to a payphone and wait for AAA and they wanted a number I could be reached at and I didn't have a cell phone.

If you don't want to be disturbed, you can turn it off of put it on airplane mode and you can also schedule silent mode when you are in a meeting or in church and it will go on automatically.

My cell phone is an alarm clock, and an MP3 player. It is also my contact list with addresses and I can put telemarketers on block using it and there are currently 46 telemarketers on block. I have an app for Klove which is one of my favorite music stations and it streams the current song and tells me which were the last five songs played. I have GPS and Google Maps so it can tell me my current position. There are also some sports apps which tell you everything about your team. I can also make free calls over Wifi and there are restaurants and stores with free Wifi. It lets me take voice recordings and memos. There is also a speech to text option which works 90 percent of the time if you speak slow but mine isn't perfect and I can go back and edit.

Any machinated device be it a car, cell phone, or toaster oven... is ours to use and abuse.

For me the iPhone is a device that allows me to increase productivity. I use it like a cheap Vegas whore. No condom required.

As for the "spying", who gives a fuck. I'm a hell of a lot cleaner than that dope smoking coke snorting Kenyan Communist of a President. Fuck that shit.

yes, I love my iPhone and iPad.

and, don't think for a moment that Android phones are not just as fraught with possible privacy issues as iPhones.

What the hell do you do for a living?

I know when I am not in my office, traveling, I do most of my work on my smart phone until I get to the hotel. I couldnt go a day with out it, I would lose customers. btw I use a blackberry Z10

Last edited:
I couldn't stand the little tiny screen of a Blackberry but I do value what the iPhone gives me. We travel a lot and the apps and SIRI help get us where we're going.

Any machinated device be it a car, cell phone, or toaster oven... is ours to use and abuse.

For me the iPhone is a device that allows me to increase productivity. I use it like a cheap Vegas whore. No condom required.

As for the "spying", who gives a fuck. I'm a hell of a lot cleaner than that dope smoking coke snorting Kenyan Communist of a President. Fuck that shit.

Lololol.

I love my iPhone. I use it for everything. I don't even use my laptop anymore. I'm addicted to this phone and it is madly in love with me.

I don't have one right now, but I'm going to talk to my sister about getting one (I'd go on her family plan, so we can all have a semi-smaller bill.) I have a Skype line right now, and my work phone at home. The work phone is no frills, so nobody can leave me a message. They can on the Skype phone, but that thing is so dang loud that most of the time, I have it shut off and forget to turn it back on. And I always have my work phone off if I'm not actually at work.

Strangely enough, the main reason I want a cell is so that I can text my sister upstairs. She always forgets to check Facebook and Gmail, and in the interest of not interrupting her quiet time with her SO, I'd just as soon not yell up the stairs or go up there and make them pause whatever they're doing so I can ask or answer questions.

Forum List

Back