"Do you like to cook?"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Something the manager here asked me during a conversation a few weeks back. I responded,

"I like to eat. So I know how to cook."

Having had time to refine my answer since I'd add,

"Kinda like how I like to sleep, so I have a bed. But having a bed doesn't mean I know a lot about beds." :)

nothing to cooking , pots and pans or fork or stick , tinfoil a bit of heat and salt , pepper , liquid , oil , grease . Nothing to it , been cooking since I was 9 - 10 years of age . At this time I can cook anything that suits my taste and most things that I like are pretty simple basic things or open fire cooking

Something the manager here asked me during a conversation a few weeks back. I responded,

"I like to eat. So I know how to cook."

Having had time to refine my answer since I'd add,

"Kinda like how I like to sleep, so I have a bed. But having a bed doesn't mean I know a lot about beds." :)
Buy a copy of "Joy of Cooking" and a good set of Magnalite.

It's a breeze.

nothing to cooking , pots and pans or fork or stick , tinfoil a bit of heat and salt , pepper , liquid , oil , grease . Nothing to it , been cooking since I was 9 - 10 years of age . At this time I can cook anything that suits my taste and most things that I like are pretty simple basic things or open fire cooking

With some things it's straight-foward, follow the instructions, with others there's technique involved. The cookies are an excellent example. If you only followed the instructions you'd have wide variability in how they come out. And like me you'd be wondering what the X-factors were to make them come out one way one batch, another way another batch. Over the years I've settled on a very specific recipe and technique to get them to come out the same way every time. And as I've discovered the recipe is perhaps too precise, there's no room for variation without them coming out weird. :)

Will share one discovery with cookies and anything else you make on a cookie sheet sorta thing. Put a layer of foil on the cookie sheet. Some brand new sheets, depending on the color, absorb heat more than more reflective ones. This can result in the undersides burning. The foil prevents the burning and helps them stay soft and consistent throughout.

One note heh, thinking this would also be the case with those cinnamon rolls in the vacuum tubes I discovered not so much. :) Have to watch those really carefully, start eye-balling them after just 5 minutes or so. They can go from 'just right' to burned beyond recognition in seconds it seems. :)

I like to eat, but at this I have problems, because I can not eat all things..

Forum List

Back