do you like Tattoos?

I have a few and I certainly don't consider myself a degenerate. In fact quite the opposite.

Honestly I consider people that judge others by they way the look or dress quite cowardly and shallow. You know, the type that talk big shit with impunity from behind their keyboards?
I figger most degenerates would never cop to who they are. See because then they'd have to be honest with themselves and go on a path to improvement. Why do that when you can just "define deviancy down" on you own terms right?

Admit it, you got those tattoos to get attention. Well guess what, you're getting attention. Just not the kind you wanted, too bad for you. You have the right to get tattoos, I have the right to not like them.

I'll admit I got the tattoos because I like appropriate body art and I had that right, if you'll admit your a dushbag if for no other reason than you have the right. And of course you get to sit behind the keyboard and say stupid shit you'd never say to my face.

And you have......... how many..........? :eusa_whistle:
I was at my sisters house a few years ago and there was this one guy (out of shape of course) who had a tattoo of something or other on his chest. I asked him why he got the tattoo. He replied:

"I got this to show people who I am and where I'm from!" I told him I have the same thing but it's called a drivers license.

And yes, he was a ex-con, degenerate scumbag.

Uuummmmm, I'm former military with a tattoo and currently out of shape (age and physical issues can have that affect sometimes). I guess I'm a degenerate scumbag.........

Isn't that one of the requirements to be a pirate? :tongue:

I was at my sisters house a few years ago and there was this one guy (out of shape of course) who had a tattoo of something or other on his chest. I asked him why he got the tattoo. He replied:

"I got this to show people who I am and where I'm from!" I told him I have the same thing but it's called a drivers license.

And yes, he was a ex-con, degenerate scumbag.

Uuummmmm, I'm former military with a tattoo and currently out of shape (age and physical issues can have that affect sometimes). I guess I'm a degenerate scumbag.........

Isn't that one of the requirements to be a pirate? :tongue:

Arrr matey!!

I don't like them, but that's just me. If someone thinks they just HAVE to get one, put it in a discrete location. That thing is going to grown and change over time with the rest of your body. It's permanent. What you thought was sooooo cool at 18 may not be quite so cool at 48. The prevalence of tattoos today is a fad. Everyone is getting one. Who knows, 10 years from now they may fall out of fashion just like platform shoes, bell bottom pants and mullets and you are stuck with that shit all over your arms and legs for the rest of your life. Not to mention, I know employers that will give you an interview, but will toss your application in the trash can when you leave if you have visible tats.

I don't like them, but that's just me. If someone thinks they just HAVE to get one, put it in a discrete location. That thing is going to grown and change over time with the rest of your body. It's permanent. What you thought was sooooo cool at 18 may not be quite so cool at 48. The prevalence of tattoos today is a fad. Everyone is getting one. Who knows, 10 years from now they may fall out of fashion just like platform shoes, bell bottom pants and mullets and you are stuck with that shit all over your arms and legs for the rest of your life. Not to mention, I know employers that will give you an interview, but will toss your application in the trash can when you leave if you have visible tats.

Ditto for military recruiters:

I recently visited a Recruiting Sargent in Boulder County (like Austin, TX, a liberal stronghold surrounded by red). He was mildly questioned my son about criminal history, mental and health issues, but was VERY poingant about the question, "DO YOU HAVE ANY TATTOOS??"

When my son replied, "No," he was obviously relieved, expelling a Great Sigh, and saying, "That's GREEEAT!" in something like a Tony the Tiger of Frosted Flakes Fame immatation.

Before we left several recruits arrived for some pre-bootcamp PT, covered with tats.

full-body-tattoo-man.jpg

LasVegasTrip524.jpg

old-smelly-tattoo-man.jpg

I always wanted a tattoo when I was younger but, at 34, have yet to get one. I always stumble on what to get tattooed.

a friend of mine is a PhD of Physics who has a tribal tattoo on his lower forearm, which, causes him to wear long sleeves when giving presentations. Makes me chuckle.

I always wanted a tattoo when I was younger but, at 34, have yet to get one. I always stumble on what to get tattooed.

a friend of mine is a PhD of Physics who has a tribal tattoo on his lower forearm, which, causes him to wear long sleeves when giving presentations. Makes me chuckle.

I got mine when I was 47.

I'll get one someday. But, I'm glad I've waited until later in life so that 1. it's not faded and shitty looking and 2. I can choose something that is a bit more reflective than a dragon of a skull.

I was talking to a boss of mine about tattoos once and made some joke about how stupid barbed wire tattoos around the bicep look on people after the fad died... well, wouldn't you know it, he had one.

I'll get one someday. But, I'm glad I've waited until later in life so that 1. it's not faded and shitty looking and 2. I can choose something that is a bit more reflective than a dragon of a skull.

I was talking to a boss of mine about tattoos once and made some joke about how stupid barbed wire tattoos around the bicep look on people after the fad died... well, wouldn't you know it, he had one.

I'd still like to get Winged Monkeys Flying out of My Ass....:cool:

Forum List

Back