Do you like/get along with your Mother-in-Law?

I have a sweet snowbird mother-in-law who has always been freindly and kind and supportive. She knows her son has a good thing going and would never involve herself in our affairs. The only time she has ever said any negative was when she voiced her opinion about the name we had picked out when I was pregnant with my second child. She didn't like it much, but we went with it anyway.

She worked very hard to get my wife and I divorced. And she works very hard at keeping the relationship poisonous. The kids don't much care for her, as they see her as the snake that makes dealing with their parents hard.

My first in-laws were marvelous people and I loved them till they died. They were always good to me even years after their son and I were divorced and they always had our children for two or more months every summer. It was good for everybody. I'm still in touch with the rest of the family.

I liked my second in-laws but the mother-in-law could be a bit testy sometimes. She had a few bad things to say about me after I divorced her son (based on his story when he had to move back in her house with his pregnant girl-friend in tow). After a few months of that, the rest of her family and I were together for Christmas at his brother's house she apologized to me and said she didn't know how I had managed to put up with him for seven years! My then brother-in-law told me later that was the first time in his life he had ever seen his mother apologize to anybody for anything.

Forum List

Back