Do you know what smells good?

Years ago I was drinking in a bar in Cairo, I got chatting to a local in there and we ended up talking about careers. The bloke asked me what I did, Then I asked him.

" I am a prison officer in Cairo main prison" he said.

"really?" I said "is it a good job?"

"Well good is not the word I would use, but is a very worthwhile job"

"What exactly do you do?" I asked

"I work in the execution chamber" he said

I told him that I did not really agree with capital punishment as it is inhumane and rarely quick. he told me;

"In Egypt we have the electric chair, twenty-five thousand volts of electricity surge through the body in a millisecond (He spoke good English this Arab) the prisoner will feel nothing, he dies immediately"

I asked how many executions were carried a year, he told me around one a month. "in fact" he said, "I am doing one at midnight tonight"

This bloke then finished his drink said his goodbye's and left for work.
I did not think anything more about it until later when I left the bar. My walk back to my hotel took me right past the wall of the prison, I happened to glance at my watch and noticed it was bang on midnight. Some poor fucker is getting it I thought to myself. Just then there was an ear-splitting scream from the prison, on and on it went geting louder and louder. I couldn't take the sound of someone in agony any longer and rushed of to my nice comfortable 4 star hotel roon with air-con, sat tv and mini bar.

The next day I happened to be in the same bar as I had been in the day before and in walked the prison officer.
"did you execute that bloke at midnight last night?" I asked him.

"Yes we did" he replied

"You told me it was painless" I said "but as I walked past the prison last night at midnight, I heard terrible screams of agony that went and on, What do you say to that?"

"I can explain that " he said

>

>

>

>

"last night at midnight there was a power cut, so we had to finish him off by Island Nectar candle!"

Patchouli oil makes me gag, as does any of those really cheap "fake" perfumes they sell in drug store.

Lame Colin, Lame!

Maybe Bootneck needs to tell you how to tell a joke! :lol:

The "Island Nectar" candle from Bath and Body Works.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean.

Yankee Candle...Strawberry.

Also like the candles that smell like baked goods...Gingerbread,Sugar Cookie's,Pecan Pie etc. Carmel Apple and Hazelnut is good to though.

The "Island Nectar" candle from Bath and Body Works.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean.

Yankee Candle...Strawberry.

Also like the candles that smell like baked goods...Gingerbread,Sugar Cookie's,Pecan Pie etc. Carmel Apple and Hazelnut is good to though.

I like those bakery ones too. I can't handle most of them, unfortunately. Yankee's Pumpkin Pie is an exception. Now if they'd just stock it year round.

the laundry hamper after the socks have been put in the wash.

There is dried lavender in a pillowcase in the bottom.

Smells that I like to wear are Joy, Chanel No. 5, Shalimar, and some sort of spray from B and B Works with crystal and pear in the name which, of course, they discontinued.

Smells I like are gardenias, lilies of the valley, hyacinthe, lilac, and puppies.

I think a bacon scent would be good :D

Seriously. The smell of the fresh air, is what they need to come up with. I really hate the scented candles. I like candles for light, but the scented ones gives me a headache, I do not know why. I use certain perfumes, that do not bother me at all :confused:

Several years ago I had a friend who was selling some sort of ozone machines and she let me try one. It was supposed to make the air smell fresh, but I thought it was an obnoxious odor.

I think a bacon scent would be good :D

Seriously. The smell of the fresh air, is what they need to come up with. I really hate the scented candles. I like candles for light, but the scented ones gives me a headache, I do not know why. I use certain perfumes, that do not bother me at all :confused:

Several years ago I had a friend who was selling some sort of ozone machines and she let me try one. It was supposed to make the air smell fresh, but I thought it was an obnoxious odor.
Yeah, I don't get those. Ozone doesn't smell good to most folks (it's the smell we associate with electrical fires). It's also a strong oxidant, thus quite toxic. Makes no sense.

Smells that I like to wear are Joy, Chanel No. 5, Shalimar, and some sort of spray from B and B Works with crystal and pear in the name which, of course, they discontinued.

Smells I like are gardenias, lilies of the valley, hyacinthe, lilac, and puppies.

MMMM yes, the pear scent is good..forgot about that one. I guess I'm not the only one tired of Bath and Body Works discontinuing the good stuff. They had this really wonderful banana mint conditioner that I loved...and yep,discontinued. Still very bummed about that...grrrr.

Forum List

Back