Do you know what is in your pet food?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by JustAnotherNut, Feb 20, 2018.

1. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,149

I hope they find the assholes that are putting these chemicals in pet food and put them out of business for good. There seems to be a story like this about products coming out of China once every two years or so.

2. JustAnotherNut

JustAnotherNut Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,749
    True, but this isn't from China

3. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,149
    "The question still remains how the drug made its way into the food, since it is often only found in the systems of cats, horses and dogs put down by the drug. Some worry this means these animals are being put into pet food,"

In the movie Soylent Green they go to the exchange with the records from the Soylent corporation. On the cover the dates are 2015-2019. We have arrived. They aren't using people yet, but they're getting close.

Tin foilers feel free to run around the house at your liesure.

4. JustAnotherNut

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,749
    I've not seen Soylent Green & confess I didn't watch the video, mainly cause I figured it had to do with such atrocities.

There is no other way for the drug to have gotten into the food, if it wasn't from processing other dead animals. I think in one of the links in the OP, it stated that it was common practice to use dead animals &/or parts of them from places like slaughter houses, animal shelters, etc.

Don't forget, that was also how Mad Cow disease had spread. It isn't a contagious virus, but from feeding diseased cows to healthy ones.

5. IsaacNewton

IsaacNewton Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,149
    You haven't seen Soylent Green? Get thee to a, well there aren't video stores anymore, stream it tonight then! You'll understand real quick.

There is no level of debauchery the human race will not go to make money. None.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  6. JustAnotherNut

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,749
    The Almighty Greed is prevalent everywhere and in this case (and probably others as well)......the FDA turns a blind eye to the very laws they've established.

I have heard some stories about human DNA in the food supply, but I can't/won't go into verifying that Pandora's Box because it's not just about the finished product or food item, but also in crop manipulation

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. longknife

longknife Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,525
    I always read the label carefully before I select something to feed my little girl. Losing her would be about the worst thing in my life.

8. JustAnotherNut

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,749

Agreed....but labels won't tell you if previously euthanized animals were used to produce that food.

best bet would be to make your own, but that could be a bit overwhelming to say the least, to ensure they are getting the proper amounts of the right nutrients