Do you know a good 'shaggy dog' story?

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I woke up this morning in the mood for a good shaggy dog story. But none come to mind presently.

We took on a shaggy dog from a friend who's granddaughter had neither the time nor temperment to properly care for the mutt. When it came time to give him a name, I suggested "dog".
The wife said his name is Wilbur.
I asked where she came up with that, and she said "he told me that's his name".
Ya she talks to animals.
I still call him dog.

We took on a shaggy dog from a friend who's granddaughter had neither the time nor temperment to properly care for the mutt. When it came time to give him a name, I suggested "dog".
Ya she talks to animals.
I still call him dog.

I had a two chickens when I was a girl. One was named Hector and the other Wilbert. They disappeared one at a time. I think they ended up on my mother's stove. LOL

There once was a shaggy dog. He belonged to my neighbor, he was a vacuum cleaner salesman. Though I have no Idea what kinda work my neighbor was in. End of story.

Last edited:
Ya she talks to animals.
I still call him dog.

I had a two chickens when I was a girl. One was named Hector and the other Wilbert. They disappeared one at a time. I think they ended up on my mother's stove. LOL

:lol:

Every spring my dad would buy me baby chicks to raise. Apparently they went to "Farmer Bown's farm" on a regular basis when they got to a certain age......

I grew up and I adore chickens even to this day because they are such wonderful dorks. In Tennessee I had these fabulous laying hens we bought for fun.

Their names were Fricassee, Cacciatori, McNugget. My hubby named the two roosters Yosh and Stan. (after the Shmenges)

Years later we had a hobby farm in Southern Ontario and had some fun with more chickens of course, but had a couple of ducks and oh how I love ducks. They were called "l'Orange/Rouen" and "AFLAC/Pekin".

But the most fun were these turkeys we kept as pets. "Butterball" and "Brock Lesnar".

What a pair and what a blast. They made it thru 3 Thanksgivings before Brock had a heart attack and died of natural causes.

Before we headed out west we found a great home for Butterball. She was a gem.

Just a quick aside. Brock when he dropped was 70 lbs approx. So my husband starts digging a grave for Brock at the same time I had disappeared into the house with Ruby Starr's second litter and I always birthed my pups and stayed with her in the initial days because she threw 12 at a time and some pups were not runts, but they could not compete for food like the giants of the litter. This meant I stayed with Ruby in the birth and baby room and I would "work" the pups at feeding time.

Consequently one would swear I had dropped off the planet or my husband had offed me.:lol:

He kept digging this bigger and bigger grave for Brock, but you could tell the neighbors were getting worried about my whereabouts.

I hope this will all make sense by the time I put this up. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back