Do you honestly think we will get a TAX CUT?

Do you think you will get a Tax Cut Now?

• Yes Only Under Obama's Plan

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Yes Only Under McCain's Plan

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • No Not AT All

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Yes Under Both Plans

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
It's really not rocket science, if people would just use a little common sense.

Obama is promising a tax cut for 95% of the American population. This, when only 60% pay income taxes in the first place. He states that only people making over $250,000 will have a tax increase, the rest will get a tax decrease.

I have to ask everyone on this board. Exactly how many people do YOU know that make over $250,000 per year? I'll bet most of you, like myself say no-one.

Now, where do you think Barack Obama is going to get all this money to the cover the enormous promises in new spending bills, he has made to every group covering A to Z?
Now since the poor pay no taxes at all, & he is taxing the upper class, that only leaves one more group. THE MIDDLE CLASS OF THIS COUNTRY.

During the debate, no one could actually listen to that debate & come away with Barack Obama being a hammer against fiscal spending. It's obvious he is a BIG TAXER. He wants to tax business in this country, which it is a fact, that business is taxed higher in this country than in the rest of the entire world. In fact we are the 2nd highest business taxer in the entire world.

Now, when he talks about keeping jobs in this country. Ask yourselves how we do that when he is planning on even adding more tax to corporations & small business people --(who are typically Sub-S corporations.) How will higher business taxes KEEP jobs in this country? Adding more taxes to business in this country, will only greatly encourage mass departures of American corporations to foreign countries.

Barack Obama is great at spewing out alot of false promises to people, that could never be accomplished, without us all falling into a 75% income tax bracket.

Last edited:
I have to ask everyone on this board. Exactly how many people do YOU know that make over $250,000 per year? I'll bet most of you, like myself say no-one.

Your basic premise is wrong. There are a hell of a lot of people that make more than $250k per year. I used to work for a lawyer that took home more the $1mil per quarter - and that was back in the 1980s.

These people just don't live in your neighborhood.

there will be no tax cuts. those days are gone.

exactly...

I don't think taxes will be raised on the middle class but I also don't see us getting a tax cut either.

I think under Obama taxes will be raised on those who make 250K or more a year

and under McCain I think he'll make Bush's tax cuts permanent for the wealthy.

I completly disagree with the assertion that taxes will be cut, for anyone. Let me cite you an example, We will soon have a 700 billion dollar bailout package or as I like to call it the "windfall Irresponsiblity ACT*. With the Obama plan to tax incomes above 250,000.00 and above thats one tax increase, the Obama plan to tax windfall profits on oil companies to pay for the middle class tax cuts. First the tax is going to passed onto the consumer and whoever doesn't think thats going to happen is kidding themselves, Second the monies that Obama would have benefited from such a windfall two months ago is now sucked up by this massive 700 billion dollar welfare bill. So he passes his programs anyway, you have two choice. go into deeper debt in which you risk China calling in loans and crushng our Economy further or rasining taxes on everyone? Which do you think he will do if given the choice? As for McCain, he wants to give tax credits and keep the Bush tax cuts in place, we all know this won't happen because he will be staring the same 700 Billion dollars in the face none of this includes all the other recent bailouts that make the price tag run over 1.4 trillion. So who thinks McCain is going to be able to keep those tax credits in place when he has to pay for this? Like tax credits for early childhood development which he has already said will have to go away for a while. So to say we can implement all these massive social programs as well as bailout WallStreet and conduct a War in Afghanistan which both candidates intend to do would without raising taxes would bankrupt this country even more than it already has.

Bush is a taxer of Grandchildren. This whole idea that McCain or Obama is going to give a tax cut is rubbish. See me in about two years, and well see if anybody gets a tax cut.:eusa_whistle:

First, the proposed bailout may not fix anything in the long term. There isn't going to be the money we need for a tax cut.

If, however, McCain would be able to somehow steal the election, the tax cuts for the rich will continue.

I read that this income tax savings going back to the government could finance a universal health care plan.

Fuck the poor and middle class. As long as our public servants have the best healthcare in the world, I will be happy. Most of those who went bankrupt from catastrophic illness cost were lazy bastards who at the most were working 2 jobs. As Bush pointed out to that one woman, that is the American dream.:clap2:

The interesting thing here, is I have rarely ever agreed with Dennis Kucinich on much, but he is right on target about this bailout.

"This bailout will not bring real jobs back to America. It will not bring back jobs that make things. It does not rebuild our schools, streets, neighborhoods, parks or bridges. The major product of this financial economy is now debt. Industrial capitalism has been destroyed."

Surely you agree with his taste in women?

Dennis_Elizabeth-jpg.jpg

(it boggles the imagination.)

A fair tax code... That would be an improvement.

I wouldn't be unhappy with less paperwork either. Needing to support a Tax Preparation Industry to help us do our paperwork every year makes us look pretty stupid from space.

-Joe

Obama wants to make the IRS send people a prefilled tax form that you just have to sign off on. Don't remember were I heard that, but I'm 90% sure it's on his website.

Easir taxes, fairer taxes(tax the rich more), and UHC are the biggest issues to me. Also, pulling out of Iraq and fixing the economy.

No we probably aren't going to get any tax cuts from either candidate, because we just can't afford that right now.

BHO's plan for a tax cut for 95% of all Americans is a farce.

first, it is not a tax cut if anything BHO is in favor of raising the 25% bracket back to 28%.

What Obama voted for was a budget resolution that would have allowed most of the provisions of the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts to expire. In particular, the resolution would allow the 25 percent tax bracket to return to its pre-2001 level of 28 percent.

BHO's plan is a one time tax rebate of $500 but since the bottom 50% of earners pay no taxes, the "cut" is really for 45% of Americans while the bottom 50% of earners get a government hand out of $500. At least be honest enough to say what the plan really is.

Obama wants to make the IRS send people a prefilled tax form that you just have to sign off on. Don't remember were I heard that, but I'm 90% sure it's on his website.

Easir taxes, fairer taxes(tax the rich more), and UHC are the biggest issues to me. Also, pulling out of Iraq and fixing the economy.

No we probably aren't going to get any tax cuts from either candidate, because we just can't afford that right now.

I wish we would adopt a sales tax... NO PAPERWORK at all on the tax payer level and rich folks would pay more because they spend more.

Not to mention the savings found by reducing the size of the IRS. How much easier it would be to collect on the retail level than on the consumer level?

-Joe

I wish we would adopt a sales tax... NO PAPERWORK at all on the tax payer level and rich folks would pay more because they spend more.

Not to mention the savings found by reducing the size of the IRS. How much easier it would be to collect on the retail level than on the consumer level?

-Joe

Why not just eliminate federal taxes completely? No need for the IRS at all.

Why not just eliminate federal taxes completely? No need for the IRS at all.

How do we pay for the things we want government to do if we eliminate taxes?

I am all in favor of fair taxes and easier paperwork, but I don't mind paying taxes. Nor do I mind having public roads to drive on and restful nights knowing that the US Military is on the job.

Taxes are a good thing for a community. It is how they've been used over the last 60 years here in the US that pretty much sucks.

-Joe

How do we pay for the things we want government to do if we eliminate taxes?

I am all in favor of fair taxes and easier paperwork, but I don't mind paying taxes. Nor do I mind having public roads to drive on and restful nights knowing that the US Military is on the job.

Taxes are a good thing for a community. It is how they've been used over the last 60 years here in the US that pretty much sucks.

-Joe

You got that right, and the problem is I don't think the situation will change under either administration.

Both parties are in the pockets of corporations, because of lobbyist. We need lobbyist for the middle and lower class's. We need a voice in washington, because our senator's and congressmen and women don't give a damn about the average citizen. I would like to know the ratio of lobbyist for rich corporations and people compared to lobbyist for issues that people who make less that a million dollars care about. 95 to 1 would be my guess. The thing is most average Americans don't know what a lobbyist is let alone could afford one, and if they could afford one how to properly use them.

It isn't a coincedence that most Americans are so dumb. The government wants them to be stupid; their easier to control when the only voting they care about is American Idol.

You forget that they promise tax cuts to different people.

I agree...
The Tax Foundation - Number of Americans Outside the Income Tax System Continues to Grow
Even 57.5 million is not the actual number of people because one tax return often represents several people. When all of the dependents of these income-producing people are counted, roughly 120 million Americans – 40 percent of the U.S. population – are outside of the federal income tax system.

But my question to you is this, how do you cut taxes on someone who doesn't pay taxes to begin with?

So in other words, Obama will take from taxpayers and give money to non-taxpayers. Half of his tax breaks will go to non-taxpayers.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back