Do you have trouble sleeping? What helps you?

I have trouble sleeping, I always wake up at about 4 am and then toss and turn in the taunting twilight.

That is when the ghosts of the past, present and future soliloquy me to annoyance.

Nothing works, booze, sex, milk, going to bed late, going to bed early, nothing works.

If I were sober I would think I am crazy, as most of you sober people are.

Last edited:
I've had problems sleeping in the past, but not since I started using ear plugs. The snoring coming from the other side of my bed would wake me every night, but not anymore. Though there are some nights I wake up suddenly, like around 2:00 in the morning like I did this morning. Wide away, wondering why.

I have trouble sleeping, I always wake up at about 4 am and then toss and turn in the taunting twilight.

That is when the ghosts of the past, present and future soliloquy me to annoyance.
Nothing works, booze, sex, milk, going to bed late, going to bed early, nothing works.

If I were sober I would think I am crazy, as most of you sober people are.

Those bastards are the ones that keep me from falling asleep ;).

I have had trouble sleeping for years. I can never seem to get more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep at a time.

A couple decades of graveyard shifts coupled with full time day jobs and business ventures have basically screwed my sleep pattern up permanently.

I found that a white noise generator helps. i have one that simulates ocean waves and It really helps drown out the annoying noises that can keep me awake.

I just got this
5794_patient_getting_shot_in_the_butt_by_a_nurse_with_a_syringe.jpg
30 min ago and my butt hurts! On a more positive note, doc gave me some pills that will help me sleep through some pain. Well I hope!

I just got this
5794_patient_getting_shot_in_the_butt_by_a_nurse_with_a_syringe.jpg
30 min ago and my butt hurts! On a more positive note, doc gave me some pills that will help me sleep through some pain. Well I hope!

ROFL! I read this post directly after reading the "What would you do if your kid told you he was gay" thread. Boy was I confused for about 10 seconds.

As to what you actually meant, good luck with the pills.

I've had problems sleeping in the past, but not since I started using ear plugs. The snoring coming from the other side of my bed would wake me every night, but not anymore. Though there are some nights I wake up suddenly, like around 2:00 in the morning like I did this morning. Wide away, wondering why.
then you should insist that the person on the other side of the bed have his/her doctor prescribe a sleep study be done
more than likely they have sleep apnea and are not actually sleeping right
get that done and then you will BOTH sleep better

Forum List

Back