Do you have insurance?

Do you currently have health insurance?

• Total voters

Greenbeard

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2010
New England
With all the talk of being mandated to carry insurance and premiums going up and the failure of third party payment, I'm curious how many of you do and don't have insurance right now. And for those of you who are insured, if you want to post who your insurer is that would be interesting, too.

I'll start. I'm insured through my employer in the small group market. I don't have a choice of insurers so I have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.

This should reveal that the whining about mandating coverage is ridiculous because everyone who wants insurance should be able to get it. And why would you not want it?

I have insurance through my employer.

Cigna is the carrier.

When I didn't have insurance I purchased my own.

In our nation of Christian Love, with its basis in the morality of the Hebs(?), then my insurer likely has the highest place allowed in the heavens--which has nothing to do with elevations in contrast, lower.

People in America, do have the option of contemplation, of Jesus Ben Joseph, Son Of Mary, Called The Christ, (The Even Really More Schvartz version)! European Yiiddish, by contrast, was a wholesome experience--except to the neighbors.

Within18 months, my insurance company will kept on giving, in their spirit of love, in California! that will include two complete physicals, two colonoscopies, two eye exams, one kidney evaluation, 6 blood screenings, one urinalysis, and tests on one bota bag full of,. . .well!

I'm a boomer, doing what we have always done best.

Soon everyone will have to pay, and I myself will be enrolled Medicare A&B: Leaving no chance for the insurance company to recover even a semblance, of its costs.

The TeaBerserkers, actrually, all like me best! They intend to leave no risk pool behind!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Ho! Ho! Now We Go! Ho! Ho! And Go! And Go! And Go Some More, (and try to find some new way, even, to smoke it!)

Yep, I was right. Knew exactly what this thread was about just by reading the title. The 'ol 'well since most everyone would do it anyway, that makes it okay to make everyone do it'. I think we all know how the poll turns out. About 95% insured with about 70-80% getting from an employer.

.....and same as Greenbeard on the who and how.

Last edited:
Almost everybody has committed some sort of theft in their lives as well...I guess we should legalize it.

yep, i was right. Knew exactly what this thread was about just by reading the title. The 'ol 'well since most everyone would do it anyway, that makes it okay to make everyone do it'.

.....and same as greenbeard on the who and how.

$conspiracy-poster.jpg

This should reveal that the whining about mandating coverage is ridiculous because everyone who wants insurance should be able to get it. And why would you not want it?

Any healthy American between the ages of 20-40 for starters. I would bet my bottom dollar they would spend far more in premiums that what they actually use.

Any healthy American between the ages of 20-40 for starters. I would bet my bottom dollar they would spend far more in premiums that what they actually use.

Catastrophic coverage is available to those under 30 who are buying in exchanges.

Got on the wife's work policy (tres expensive) after mine was dropped and replaced with a $25,000/year deductible policy. So yeah we're all insured but it's insanely expensive.

Medicare and Tricare. This is what we served for... Free health and Dental for life? Nope they changed that a few years before I retired. And today I read where my costs (under a plan being looked at by this administration) could go up by $3000 annually per person...

So that free health and Dental that I was promised as a private, if i just served 20 years, well, it's liable to cost me as much as $6000 more per year...

As per normal, when you need to save a dime take a dollar from the military retiree.

After all we didn't work for it and don't deserve it.....

Catastrophic coverage is available to those under 30 who are buying in exchanges.

And the only think cheaper than catastrophic insurance would be no insurance. It may not be the choice you would make, but it ought to be the choice you have. I know they can purchase that kind of coverage. It still begs the question why we need to make people purchase insurance.

I don't have health insurance. I can afford it, but I'm not going to buy it. I'm 30 years old, if I do happen to get injured and have a high medical bill all I have to do is file bankruptcy and then make the banks pay for it or the American people pay for it. One good thing about liberals, because of them I am no longer responsible for my own actions. Why have a job when I can get free medical care, free food, free housing, free utilities, and everything else I need to survive from the government. Thank you liberals for allowing me to be lazy and ensuring that even if I do not want to work I will still be able to live!

Got on the wife's work policy (tres expensive) after mine was dropped and replaced with a $25,000/year deductible policy. So yeah we're all insured but it's insanely expensive.

$25,000 deductible? Wow.

Yup. A lot of insureres in Illinois did this. Why I'm not sure.

Actually I reimburse the Mrs. for my and daughter's share of the policy. Total premium is deducted from her paycheck which leaves her with zero LOL. Pricey but a top-notch policy.
She may not have a job this fall (schools) but I'll just worry about that when we get to it.

I'm tired of playing the BS health isnurance game. Being self-employed I've shouldered my own policy for over 30 years and it sucks.

I only have the choice of Cigna HMO or PPO. Both are still expensive as shit... more than $150 a month out of my check (PPO is even more) and I have to get referrals to go to the GD gynecologist or dermatologist. Ridiculous. It's near impossible to get a quick Dr.'s appt. here in NYC just to do that.

Forum List

Back