• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
I think almost everyone has some sort of family issues, therefore, I decided to do a poll on it.

bat brained judge gave custody of the kids to the X. They like it less than I do.

She has no income, no desire to work, won't pay for insurance... Even though they live with her, I have more contact with them than she does.

You get me started, there will be no finish

bat brained judge gave custody of the kids to the X. They like it less than I do.

She has no income, no desire to work, won't pay for insurance... Even though they live with her, I have more contact with them than she does.

You get me started, there will be no finish
Nice one.

I have a tough one regarding my mother and stepfather.

My mother and I have had a really difficult relationship.

My stepfather had head and neck cancer. I visited them in NYC when he was having radiation and chemo. He was in a really sad state.

In any case he got better.

I invited my mother and stepfather to visit me and see my new house. And they just started insulting me, constantly.

When they got back to NYC I told them that if they insult me like that again I won't talk to them. Then my mother yelled at me.

I found out several months later that my stepfather was in the hosptial with Leukemia. I called and my mother yelled at me, said she wouldn't tell me anything about him other than he is at the hospital and hung up at me. I then called him there.

In any case I found out he is in pretty bad shape now. He has a mouth infection, every day he needs blood, and is very weak. So I called him, and had about a 30 second call.

This is the problem. It's a vicious cycle. My mother gets nasty to me, and I stop calling, then when I do call she yells at me that I didn't call. Then I am more reluctant to call because who wants to call and get yelled at.

I was pondering that I would call weekly, ask to speak to my stepfather, and just bypass my mother.

Opinions?

Fuck. Yes.

I'm not going to give the h8rs ammo by going into detail about some of my personal stuff, but Christmas dinners are "interesting".

My other uncle--mom's brother--got all whacked-out on religion to the extreme about five years ago, and basically disowned himself from the family. Went after all of us for "sinning", some dark history on my aunt--mom's sister--about abortion and drug use came up that I had never heard of. He dyed his hair and went goth, moved to a shitty neighborhood and gave up his possessions. He's in his fifties. Fifty-four or five, I think. About two years ago he apologized and there were tears between my mom and grandma because of the mixed feelings about how he wanted to be part of the family again but had said some thing you just can't take back. My aunt won't speak to him, that's a dead end. He tried brining religion into her life after she got diagnosed with breast cancer, but she just shut him out. So he was only speaking with my mom, because he had really hurt my grandma for reasons I don't know about. But this past spring he called my mom a witch because she's into psychic/astrology stuff, and I got to read a string on back and forth emails between them that make the FZ stuff here look like amateur hour. So basically nobody is speaking to him anymore, even though he's been trying to make the effort. Burned bridges, rebuilt some of them, then burned them all again. It's been hard on my grandparents, having their son turn out this way... but he really hurt them, and everyone else.

And then that's not even getting into the vitriolic drama between my mom and aunt, my other uncle--aunt's husband--being such a workaholic that it almost cause divorce, drug use in a primarily Republican family by me and my cousins, arrest records, failed grades, running away to Florida to marry an illegal immigrant, abortion, etc. :rolleyes:

Dramatic X-mas' are the eggsalad family tradition. :D

I live with a Democrat step daughter and her 3 kids (love 'em to death)that lives off of food stamps, medicaid, and child support who thinks job hunting is 20 minutes on Monster once a week.
She drinks mountain dew and smokes marlboro while I drink homemade sweet tea and smoke 305s.
When asked to help with bills?
"What bills wouldn't you have if we weren't here?"

I have a tough one regarding my mother and stepfather.

My mother and I have had a really difficult relationship.

My stepfather had head and neck cancer. I visited them in NYC when he was having radiation and chemo. He was in a really sad state.

In any case he got better.

I invited my mother and stepfather to visit me and see my new house. And they just started insulting me, constantly.

When they got back to NYC I told them that if they insult me like that again I won't talk to them. Then my mother yelled at me.

I found out several months later that my stepfather was in the hosptial with Leukemia. I called and my mother yelled at me, said she wouldn't tell me anything about him other than he is at the hospital and hung up at me. I then called him there.

In any case I found out he is in pretty bad shape now. He has a mouth infection, every day he needs blood, and is very weak. So I called him, and had about a 30 second call.

This is the problem. It's a vicious cycle. My mother gets nasty to me, and I stop calling, then when I do call she yells at me that I didn't call. Then I am more reluctant to call because who wants to call and get yelled at.

I was pondering that I would call weekly, ask to speak to my stepfather, and just bypass my mother.

Opinions?

Wish them well .Move on, you dont need the bitterness

Son Kills Parents During Argument About His Laziness
Updated: Wednesday, 13 Oct 2010, 3:25 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 13 Oct 2010, 7:06 AM EDT

NewsCore - The trial of a lazy son accused of killing his parents after they argued when they found him lying in bed with a hangover at lunchtime continued Wednesday.

Daniel Dighton, 35, stabbed his father, Barry, four times and his mother, Elizabeth, 20 times when they came home from a shopping trip in September last year.

The accused was frustrated with his parents’ attempts to help him get a job and move out of the family home, London’s Old Bailey court was told Tuesday.

His father Barry, 61, was a school principal for 20 years before retiring in 2006. His mother was an administrator at the same school.

The couple tried repeatedly to help their son have a career as a teacher and leave their home in Croydon, south London.

Dighton told his parents he found a job in Thailand as a teacher but returned home when it fell through.

An argument started when his parents came home from their shopping trip to find “their layabout of a son in bed and hungover,” prosecution attorney Crispin Aylett told the court. A routine argument became out of control and Dighton stabbed his parents, Aylett added.

Dighton denies the murder but admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility. The trial continues.

Not now. The brother married two -- TWO -- amazingly witchy bitchy women. After 35 years, I decided it was his problem and we no longer discuss the abuse his current Punisher loads on him. The child had an extended period of rebellion so bad, I expected to get a letter saying she had joined the French Foreign Legion.

(Here's a hint: a single mom and only female child is a bad mix if both are stubborn.)

I used to remind my kidlet that pissing me off could not be considered a career path all by itself, and remind my brother that there was such a thing as Justifiable Homicide.

You dun have to have drama if you dun wish for it....but it takes time for everyone to get their boundaries all squared away.

Forum List

Back