Do you have any phobias?

Bugs, and spiders and slugs, Oh my :eek:

I would rather have a snake in my house than any creepy crawly thing with eyes and antenna's

OMG slugs horrify me, next would be a ferris wheel. I do not understand that, because I love roller coasters

The Federal Bureau of Statistics reports that in 1997, there were 105 reported toilet bowl snake attacks, resulting in 17 fatalities. In 1998, there were 135 attacks and 30 fatalities. In 1999, 200 attacks were reported, and 50 fatalities.

What are the chances of a snake coming out of the toilet when i'm taking a dump? | ChaCha

yep, scared poopless.

:eek: I have just added Saveliberty and his scary informational links to my phobia lists. I told ya! The snakes are gonna get us all! I always flush first in public bathrooms. Get rid of any potential toilet snake voyeurs.

My phobia...?

\/ this \/

F99FC705-519B-4FE8-8002-B9FBA216E2C4-1919-000002FD693A3E23_zps267765ec.jpg

Even worse...

cockroach-in-the-ear1.jpg

I think I am going to be passing out . Oh my GAWD!!!!!!!!! :uhoh3:

That is just evil

My daughter has that night terror thing at times....where you're lying on your back and can't move anything and you think there's the old hag holding you down! I can't remember exactly what that's called, but i watched a program once about it. She's learned she can't fall asleep on her back because that's when it happens!!

Snakes and mice. Bats a little.

Electrical storms frighten me sometimes but not likely a true classic phobia.

I love heights.

Awww...but I likes bats. They're so cute and tiny and look like someone shoved their little faces in..

3310385969_85b5a49f1b.jpg

530467_570531369629108_406114383_n.jpg

(pix are of bumblebee bats)

I wants it!

Have you tried to overcome them?

I'm terrified of heights, I cannot stand on a chair without shaking.

No, I have never had any irrational fears. That is why my life has been so adventurous. I love the edge.

phobia= an irrational, excessive, and persistent fear of some particular thing or situation

Not too worry, I'll be there under the bed grabbing your ankle.

:badgrin: That was my childhood phobia. Are you the under the bed boogeyman? :ack-1:

I am all grown up now and I just have those damn toilet snakes haunting me.

I still get into bed very quickly in the middle of the night.:redface:

I'm less worried about snakes when I use the toilet...I always lift the lid in public restrooms.:eek:

VGQbO.gif

Was at Ruby Mt campgrounds in Colorado some years back and was sitting there "taking care of business" in the restroom, and there was a black widow on the wall.... I put it in a bottle and named her Ruby (after the campground). Had her for two years in a Pepsi bottle. My wife laughed at me as I went to front porch at night to catch flying insects to feed her :tongue:

I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing this..

VGQbO.gif

Another reason NOT to use public toilets.
gold13.gif

Some people have phobias of needles...or seeing vials filled with blood that just came out of their bodies.

blooddraw.jpg

Have you tried to overcome them?

I'm terrified of heights, I cannot stand on a chair without shaking.
I'm the same way, I can't get on my roof to fix anything without feeling like I'm gonna' throw up. I'm ok with flying though, for some reason that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I'm terrified of spiders too!

I used to have a fear of needles until I desensitized myself by giving platelets every two weeks until it went away. So I basically did myself and someone else a favor.

I also used to be crazy scared of heights. Going rappelling a couple of times helped that some, but I still really don't like high places.

I used to be agoraphobic when I was little. I would get vertigo from looking up at the ceiling of a stadium or something like that. I guess I grew out of it though. :dunno:

Forum List

Back