Do You Have an Offshore Bank Account?

Two things.

My 401k consists mostly of American investments. But a wise investor diversifies. I suppose thats why democrats don't get economics.

The other things is this. I don't invest to make America money. I invest to provide for MY retirement. Because I think that retirement is an individual responsibility. Not a public one.

Nice failure though. It was almost as pretty as your opening failure...I give it a 7 out of 9.

And you're not Mitt Romney with over $200 million and running for president hypocritically saying he believes in America. He's going to fix America, etc. The least he could do is set an example of invesing in America if he says he's going to fix the economy and he criticizes Obama about it. He's a hypocrite.
Then why did you ask the fucking question?

I just told you that I DO invest in America, and not only with just My wages. Romney also invests in America.

Why don't you answer this question....why do you tear down America?

BTW....great speech by Christie.

The author asked the question as a kind of rhetorical dig at Romney because MOST people don't have off shore accounts. MOST people aren't well off enough to. Romney is elitist and says he's going to help America all the while enriching himself rather than investing here to set an example and show that he truly does believe in America.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a fact that Rom has an offshore bank account. I think that he like any investors with self directed investments, while following the advice of the best advisors spread their investments to foreign stocks and funds. Anyone who owns mutual funds almost certainly has equity in foreign (offshore) investments. Rom answered that question in about that way, also saying that doing that didn't give him any tax benefit that any other American didn't have, and he didn't pay any less taxes on account of it.

Last edited:
What about Buffet, Soros, Pelosi, etc?

Oh, how did Harry Reid show up in DC as a middle class lawyer and is now a multi-millionaire?

Come on idiot, explain it.

Do you have an offshore bank account?

Martin Bashir got the ball rolling on Romney’s offshore bank accounts the other day. I thought to myself, why aren’t more people talking about these accounts? Liberals should be outraged, and conservatives should be equally disgusted. It’s absolutely not acceptable for an American politician to keep money banked elsewhere. It’s down right insulting!

The conservatives and the anti-Immigrant crowd, well, for the sake of argument, let’s call them the pro “legal immigration” crowd, should be equally outraged. They complain about the “illegals” coming here to work and then shipping their money out of the country to Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador etc. Yet, they are completely silent when it comes to Romney’s offshore bank accounts. If that isn’t the height of hypocrisy, I don’t know what is.

Can you imagine knowing that your president has his money in a foreign country because he doesn’t have faith in his own country. Well, some would argue that it’s because he wants to pay less taxes on his money, less penalties, and not have to divulge his true worth to the American public.

The I believe in Amerca Presidential Wannabe apparently believes in America enough to try to become president (purely for power) but not enough to invest his money here and help the economy! :-bd

I have NO idea and if they ever run for president and it becomes known that they don't invest here, I will ask the same questions. I don't like either one of them and would never vote for them anyway. Besides, right now we are talking about Romney who needs to set an example for others by practicing what he preaches.

And you're not Mitt Romney with over $200 million and running for president hypocritically saying he believes in America. He's going to fix America, etc. The least he could do is set an example of invesing in America if he says he's going to fix the economy and he criticizes Obama about it. He's a hypocrite.

I just told you that I DO invest in America, and not only with just My wages. Romney also invests in America.

The author asked the question as a kind of rhetorical dig at Romney because MOST people don't have off shore account. MOST people aren't well of enough to. Romney is elitist and says he's going to help America all the while enriching himself rather than investing here to set an example and show that he truly does believe in America.

I see it like this... Romney is proving to me that he knows how to save a buck or a million... :dunno:

And you are right... MOST people aren't well off enough to, but MOST people hope to be :eusa_whistle:

Since when did being a good steward of your money become a bad thing?

Oh, how did Harry Reid show up in DC as a middle class lawyer and is now a multi-millionaire?

Do you have an offshore bank account?

The I believe in Amerca Presidential Wannabe apparently believes in America enough to try to become president (purely for power) but not enough to invest his money here and help the economy! :-bd

I have NO idea and if they ever run for president and it becomes known that they don't invest here, I will ask the same questions. I don't like either one of them and would never vote for them anyway. Besides, right now we are talking about Romney who needs to set an example for others by practicing what he preaches.

So you are OK with Obama hiding his college records and how and who payed for his being able to go there... because he is one of us right? He was soooo poor as a kid right?? How did he pay for those "rich kid" schools?
Shouldn't Obama be an example of not lying??? Did he enroll as a foriegn student to get scholarship money???
Shouldn't we be concerned that our president is not a cheater and a liar???

Why do you only ask questions of Romney and not of Obama?

Why does the guy who has NEVER held a private sector job, get a pass..??

What on earth qualifies Obama to know anything about making money and saving it as well???

Why does Obama not practice what he preaches???

I don't give a damn what kind of accounts he has or where they are. I just want him to have them to prove he is a successful business person who knows how to get this economy back on it's feet again.

I don't give a damn what kind of accounts he has or where they are. I just want him to have them to prove he is a successful business person who knows how to get this economy back on it's feet again.

Jealousy of the rich is a terrible thing.... we can thank the commie in chief for that.

He can't run on his record, so he deflects with this kind of BS... and the left trotts right along beside him repeating the lies.

The author asked the question as a kind of rhetorical dig at Romney because MOST people don't have off shore account. MOST people aren't well of enough to. Romney is elitist and says he's going to help America all the while enriching himself rather than investing here to set an example and show that he truly does believe in America.

I see it like this... Romney is proving to me that he knows how to save a buck or a million... :dunno:

And you are right... MOST people aren't well off enough to, but MOST people hope to be :eusa_whistle:

Since when did being a good steward of your money become a bad thing?

It isn't bad unless you're running for president and saying one thing while doing another. If he were a private citizen, I'd say more power to you! It is the hyprocicy I don't care for. If I were well off I'd probably invest in at least some off shore stuff but I wouldn't be running for president either.

Last edited:

He does? Is his idea for the wealthy to invest overseas then? He wants the economy to improve on the backs of the middle class and nothing else. Why doesn't he do (one way is to set an example) and say things that will cause the richest 1% of America to do more in this country then?

So you are OK with Obama hiding his college records and how and who payed for his being able to go there... because he is one of us right? He was soooo poor as a kid right?? How did he pay for those "rich kid" schools?
Shouldn't Obama be an example of not lying??? Did he enroll as a foriegn student to get scholarship money???

What on earth qualifies Obama to know anything about making money and saving it as well???

No, I wish he'd just release things and get it over with but at the same time, it isn't comparable to saying you can fix the economy and then put your money offshore as Mitt says and does. I ask plenty of questions of Obama and I don't care for some of the answers or non answers but regarding THIS election, I do not like or support Romney. That leaves me with a choice to not vote at all (and I've considered that as an option) or to vote for Obama and hold my nose. Obama's defense of women's rights and a few other things make me lean towards him more so than Romney. I voted for McCain/Palin last time around because I thought John McCain was more a moderate republican and would be fair on women's issues as well as some other things I care about.

I had plenty of questions in 2008 and voted for the republican ticket. I truly wish there were different choices on each side, one of them being Hillary Clinton who I supported and was very disappointed how the dems and Obama treated her but this is 4 years later and things are different IMO.

He released 2010 and I believe 2011, if he released anymore, the left would start crying and wailing about something else. That's what they do.

No, I wish he'd just release things and get it over with but at the same time, it isn't comparable to saying you can fix the economy and then put your money offshore as Mitt says and does. I ask plenty of questions of Obama and I don't care for some of the answers or non answers but regarding THIS election, I do not like or support Romney. That leaves me with a choice to not vote at all (and I've considered that as an option) or to vote for Obama and hold my nose. Obama's defense of women's rights and a few other things make me lean towards him more so than Romney. I voted for McCain/Palin last time around because I thought John McCain was more a moderate republican and would be fair on women's issues as well as some other things I care about.

I had plenty of questions in 2008 and voted for the republican ticket. I truly wish there were different choices on each side, one of them being Hillary Clinton who I supported and was very disappointed how the dems and Obama treated her but this is 4 years later and things are different IMO.

Could never vote for a guy that screwed us so bad in the McCain/Feingold.

And couldn't vote for anyone that voted yes on TARP.

So third party was the answer.

It isn't bad unless you're running for president and saying one thing while doing another. If he were a private citizen, I'd say more power to you! It is the hyprocicy I don't care for. If I were well off I'd probably invest in at least some off shore stuff but I wouldn't be running for president either.

Well, there you have it!

Romney is a private citizen...he is not an elected official.

I threw some coins into a "wish" river that leads out to sea.....if that counts. Otherwise...no, all my money is on US soil. Mostly the soil my bank sits on, and my house sits on.

Forum List

Back