Do you have an interest in your family tree?

One of my ancestors first name was Heavenhill. Now THAT is unusual. :D
I have one whose first name was Fear. She was a daughter of Mayflower passengers; they named her to commemorate when they had to hold their church services in secret, for fear that the religious police would basically kick the door in and drag them all away.

Heavenhill, though - wow. There has to be a gripping story behind that one.

This is the story of our family but we can not really go to far in the past to trace our ancestors which is a shame .

Share with us :)

My father got interested in it. He was told that we were descended from someone famous and exceedingly important for the development of the modern world.

My father was excited by this, not because of this guy, but because of rumors he'd slept with a famous poet, and that we might be related to this famous poet.

After lots of research we were found to be related to neither.

But he found a lot of stuff out, who found in what famous battles and the like.

Potato farmers, terrorists, indentured servants, fishermen, teachers. That sort of thing.

I have absolutely no idea who my real parents were and only heard stories from my so-called uncle. As they didn't care about me, why should I care about them? I am curious as to my bloodline and am tempted to do one of those DNA things.

Forum List

Back